Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fox outrage over Brian Williams

+9
Yella
Telstar
polecat
gatorfan
Joanimaroni
Vikingwoman
Sal
KarlRove
nadalfan
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

He didn't make a mistake or error or have a faulty opinion... he fabricated news... network news at that.

Journalistic ethics is an important check on govt and a matter of public trust... it matters.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:There's a big difference between comedy/commentary/opinion and broadcast/reporting of news.

But I doubt I could explain it to you.

And, there's a huge difference between broadcast/reporting of news and the Orwellian propaganda ministry that is FAUX News.

But I doubt you've noticed.

A new survey says that Fox News is the most trusted TV news source in America, and MSNBC is dead last.

In response to the question, "Which of the following television news sources do you trust the most to provide accurate information about politics and current events?," 25% of survey respondents answered Fox News:

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/chart-fox-is-the-most-trusted-tv-news-source-in-america-2014-6#ixzz3RTvvlG1B

Sal

Sal

A poll by Farleigh Dickinson University in New Jersey showed that of all the news channels out there, Fox News viewers are the least informed.

People were asked questions about news habits and current events in a statewide poll of 600 New Jersey residents recently. Results showed that viewers of Sunday morning news shows were the most informed about current events, while Fox News viewers were the least informed. In fact, FDU poll results showed they were even less informed than those who say they don’t watch any news at all.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2011/11/21/fox-news-viewers-uninformed-npr-listeners-not-poll-suggests/

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:"This falsehood brought instant reactions from FOX viewers who claim Williams used a standard FOX news strategy to deceive viewers. “My FOX network may alter the facts to push my buttons” one supporter of the right-wing station stated, “but that’s their right and for NBC or any other liberal media source to do the same is to infringe upon FOX’s patented method of reporting.”

LOL! It must be a God given right to alter the facts.

Frequently you are a hoot. And here you are again. Strange you neglected to post your source and link for this humorous post. But, considering the source, it is patently obvious why. Allow me to help you.

http://woodgatesview.com/2015/02/07/fox-news-viewers-express-outrage-over-brian-williams-stealing-fox-news-trademark-of-lying/

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
KarlRove wrote:Did he lie or not? Nuf said.

Yes, apparently he did ...

... and, he's being disciplined for it.

On the other hand, lying is an integral part of FAUX News' mission statement, and they receive huge ratings from dumbasses like yourself in return.

He won't be back.  Maybe he'll be on Sunday Meet the Press or something but his credibility is destroyed.  

Poll: Fox Most Trusted Political News Source

Don Irvine  —   May 20, 2011  
  http://www.aim.org/don-irvine-blog/poll-fox-most-trusted-political-news-source/

POLL: Fox Is The Most Trusted TV News Source In America

Pamela Engel

Jun. 10, 2014, 10:58 AM

A new survey says that Fox News is the most trusted TV news source in America, and MSNBC is dead last.

In response to the question, "Which of the following television news sources do you trust the most to provide accurate information about politics and current events?," 25% of survey respondents answered Fox News:

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/chart-fox-is-the-most-trusted-tv-news-source-in-america-2014-6#ixzz3Rf1LqNAM

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:A poll by Farleigh Dickinson University in New Jersey showed that of all the news channels out there, Fox News viewers are the least informed.

People were asked questions about news habits and current events in a statewide poll of 600 New Jersey residents recently. Results showed that viewers of Sunday morning news shows were the most informed about current events, while Fox News viewers were the least informed.  In fact, FDU poll results showed they were even less informed than those who say they don’t watch any news at all.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2011/11/21/fox-news-viewers-uninformed-npr-listeners-not-poll-suggests/

It appears that the only question asked had to do with which country was spending the most to bail out Greece. I don't see how that is relevant regarding world events.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Telstar wrote:
Sal wrote:I really don't care much for Brian Williams or Hillary Clinton.

I never watched NBC News, and the only way I'll vote for Hillary Clinton is if she runs against a Republican.

LOL how about if she runs against a human? Seriously do you think Fox News will make Williams an offer?

There are no humans on the Republican ticket.

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:
It appears that the only question asked had to do with which country was spending the most to bail out Greece.

Then I guess that makes you a FAUX News viewer.

I'm certain you also think they're the most trustworthy new source.

lmao

Yella

Yella

Sal wrote:
Markle wrote:
It appears that the only question asked had to do with which country was spending the most to bail out Greece.

lmao

It is my opinion that about all Fox News shows viewers is attractive blonde apparently suntanned women who wear short dresses and cross and uncross their legs frequently to give viewers a flash of skin. Almost all references to Obama are made with a snide sort of smile indicating their distaste of him as a president or a human. They are for the most part just talking heads that read whatever the corporate bosses tell them. To Fox, if the news is not dramatic enough, they embellish it with whatever it takes to stir things up.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

polecat

polecat

gatorfan wrote:
polecat wrote:During their appeal, FOX asserted that there are no written rules against distorting news in the media. They argued that, under the First Amendment, broadcasters have the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on public airwaves. Fox attorneys did not dispute Akre’s claim that they pressured her to broadcast a false story, they simply maintained that it was their right to do so.

ROFLMAO!

Where do you get your "faux" news?

That old story has long been discredited by Snopes.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/foxlies.asp

Got Dang you got me there...
What does Snopes have to say about Benghazi?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Fox "News" is licensed by the FCC as an entertainment entity, not a news outlet.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
Markle wrote:

lmao

As you well know, not only me but more folks than trust any of the other sources as well.

I know, that is irrelevant, immaterial and unimportant to you. Just so YOUR comedy channel and other sources you rely upon, tell you what you want to hear and fail to report anything else to you so you can honestly plead ignorance.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Fox "News" is licensed by the FCC as an entertainment entity, not a news outlet.

How is your beloved news source, the Comedy Channel "licensed"?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Get real. Fox is fairskinned and unbalanced, just like our racist Semi-sane, "I know NOSSING" Markle!

The same detestable curmudgeon answered my question: What would you recommend America should do to handle ISIA? With a reference to whatever occurred seven years ago -- in other words, Markle thinks we should invade and occupy Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Libya forever. No wonder I call him Semi Sane!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Actually Semi Sane Markle isn't far off base with this comment. A large number of millennials actually do prefer getting their news from John Stewart, with a dash of humor and satire. No wonder, all they can get from FOX is writhing hands, loud whining, and a non-stop list of all that's wrong with our first Black president. Reality.

Down with Amerika Inc.! Corporate control of our government through campaign financing.

knothead

knothead

Actually FOX NEWS is the classic oxymoron!!! Think about it . . . .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum