Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fun Sunday

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fun Sunday Empty Fun Sunday 2/9/2015, 12:14 pm

2seaoat

Had a full Sunday where I got to attend my Granddaughter's golden birthday (6), go to the Broadway production of the Rock Opera Tommy, return to my daughters to eat more birthday cake and play with the grandkids. Watch the Bulls win another on the road victory.

I am a total Who fan and thought the musical rendition might be disappointing, but I strongly recommend if you have an opportunity when they are traveling at a town near you to see this Rock Opera. It was glorious. I usually hate musicals, but I could see this show two more times and never get tired of it.

2Fun Sunday Empty Re: Fun Sunday 2/9/2015, 1:00 pm

Hallmarkgard

It was a good day for me also.  After a thought provoking conversation with Mr Oats, i got up early and rode my bicycle down town.  It was a perfect day and I love to ride.  For some reason, cycling clears my head and I am able to think.  I rode to the Wall South.  There is a statue there that reminds me of my father.  As goofy as it might sound, I can feel his presence there.  I felt I had in some way may have dishonoured my fellow Veterans by dragging them into what  maybe a character defect of my own.  As i sat in the park, it occurred to me that my father never used the "Veteran" card.   In fact he almost never mentioned it.  He had moved on.  My Father was a smart man.  As I was leaving I took this photo.  His world and mine, different but the same.   Fun Sunday 8z4upl_th

3Fun Sunday Empty Re: Fun Sunday 2/9/2015, 1:20 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Happy for both of you.

4Fun Sunday Empty Re: Fun Sunday 2/9/2015, 1:41 pm

2seaoat

My wife and I always enjoyed visiting veteran's park where we would simply lay on the grass and watch the Bay and visit the memorial. It is a place for quiet reflection. I do have one unpleasant memory, when I had a kidney stone attack, but when I laid down on the grass and relaxed, I had the attack stop and drank plenty of water thereafter. We spent the afternoon last month on the Maritime south bayfront and enjoyed some yogurt. Simple pleasures and reflections on life are always the best.

5Fun Sunday Empty Re: Fun Sunday 2/9/2015, 1:57 pm

Hallmarkgard

From the 3 mile bridge i rode as close as i could to the water. The pier, the ball park, Sanders beach, Bayshore drive, Star Lake, Navy Point, Gulf beach Hiway then I went into Grand Lagoon State park and took a break. I could have went on the the Key, Johnson beach etc Miles and miles of some of the most beautiful water front in America. It never ceases to amaze me that people spend Million and Millions of dollars on one very small section, thinking that it is the only place than this great piece of nature can be enjoyed. I truly feel sorry for them. Not envy, not hate, just sadness that they can not see the forest for the trees.. Smile

6Fun Sunday Empty Re: Fun Sunday 2/9/2015, 2:31 pm

Hallmarkgard

Two fellows watching the Locals on a Sunday afternoon...

Fun Sunday K04ykz

7Fun Sunday Empty Re: Fun Sunday 2/9/2015, 2:56 pm

2seaoat

I still am trying to locate where I can get a large pelican statute. They have them in smaller versions on the internet, but I really liked the ones on the street.

8Fun Sunday Empty Re: Fun Sunday 2/9/2015, 6:39 pm

Hallmarkgard

Fun Sunday 9SxZ6e6Wu9nVttpPI3Q_IA_r

9Fun Sunday Empty Re: Fun Sunday 2/9/2015, 7:08 pm

2seaoat

Wanted one ground Pelican......please paint any stolen pelican white.

10Fun Sunday Empty Re: Fun Sunday 2/9/2015, 7:18 pm

Hallmarkgard

PM sent

Fun Sunday HhAG-bXq0aYfbY9Ec0zzrA_r

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum