Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I do not get a good feeling with USA being chanted at a political convention

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I do not understand chanting USA at a political convention. It brings back very vivid memories of Nuermberg rallies in Nazi Germany. I understand the chant when we are at the olympics. it defines our nation in relation to other nations. However, the nazis used propoganda and this blood and soil concept of division within the nation. It was an attempt to divide and conquer.

When it is chanted, it assumes that other Americans are somehow not worthy of being called Americans. I sadly see my republican party using these very scary methodologies which plunge a nation into fascism. Forget the cult of personality......we are on a very dangerous path. We must stand united as Americans, and this idea that some are less American than others is a very dangerous concept........If we learned nothing more from the mistakes of Nazi Germany.....the most important lesson learned is that evil cannot prevail, when good people take a stand and are willing to tell the truth and take risks when confronted by scapegoating and dangerous generalizations. When we stand united.....America is unbeatable, but when we think some of our fellow Americans are somehow not worthy of being Americans.....we are in very very very deep trouble.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I do not understand chanting USA at a political convention. It brings back very vivid memories of Nuermberg rallies in Nazi Germany. I understand the chant when we are at the olympics. it defines our nation in relation to other nations. However, the nazis used propoganda and this blood and soil concept of division within the nation. It was an attempt to divide and conquer.

When it is chanted, it assumes that other Americans are somehow not worthy of being called Americans. I sadly see my republican party using these very scary methodologies which plunge a nation into fascism. Forget the cult of personality......we are on a very dangerous path. We must stand united as Americans, and this idea that some are less American than others is a very dangerous concept........If we learned nothing more from the mistakes of Nazi Germany.....the most important lesson learned is that evil cannot prevail, when good people take a stand and are willing to tell the truth and take risks when confronted by scapegoating and dangerous generalizations. When we stand united.....America is unbeatable, but when we think some of our fellow Americans are somehow not worthy of being Americans.....we are in very very very deep trouble.

Which is exactly where your idol Palin took the dialogue in 2008. Remember the "real America"? That's why I don't understand why you think so much of her. I personally think she's dangerous, for the same reasons I think Romney and Ryan are dangerous; they have no problem lying if it advances their agenda.

I'm more concerned with fascism as an economic model than nationalism. coming from the left that chant was just a taunt... most of them weren't even proud of our country until obama was elected. that tingle will soon be gone i hope.

If there ever was a place to chant USA, it would be at a party where we are HIRING the person who will LEAD it.

In the case of right now, maybe they should start chanting J. O. B instead

2seaoat wrote:I do not understand chanting USA at a political convention. It brings back very vivid memories of Nuermberg rallies in Nazi Germany. I understand the chant when we are at the olympics. it defines our nation in relation to other nations. However, the nazis used propoganda and this blood and soil concept of division within the nation. It was an attempt to divide and conquer.

Yes, but you love everyone singing (kids included) that Obama is the messiah. Traitor. No

NaNook

NaNook

Obama is NOT THE SEC......

[quote="NaNook"]Obama is NOT THE SEC......[/quote

He's small time like the WAC.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum