Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pensacola greyhound station -WTH (505 E burgess road)

+2
Vikingwoman
KarlRove
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

KarlRove

KarlRove

Place is not open at night until bus arrives... The problem with that is it is full of transients outside and building is locked currently.

Greyhound should be ashamed of the location and way it operates out of this town. Maybe this place should be closed down? I call the national number for Greyhound... They don't even have a clue. A poor way to run a business

I have never taken a commercial bus trip, nor train trip, either. While I'd like to take a leisurely scenic trip on a train, I can't say I'd look forward to a bus trip. I've heard too many stories that turn me off to the idea of a trip by bus.  Yes, I know that I'm fortunate to not have to take the bus.  But, so are many others, which is why the bus industry has not flourished.

Vikingwoman

If you know the answer as to why it's closed at night why the hell are you asking,Einstein. The friggin transients! Good grief man!

KarlRove

KarlRove

by Vikingwoman Today at 1:20 am
If you know the answer as to why it's closed at night why the hell are you asking,Einstein. The friggin transients! Good grief man!
-----
I had a friend drop me off at the Waffle House down the road a bit. I didn't want her to be out late so I asked to be dropped off early. They should at least have it opened to passengers. It would be easy to allow folks in who belonged and booted those who do not.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I have taken a small handful of bus trips in my life. The last time I was at the Pensacola Greyhound station was to drop off my good-for-nothing BIL. I can't remember where he was headed.... Probably nowhere, because that is where he has spent most of his adult life.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

colaguy wrote:I have never taken a commercial bus trip, nor train trip, either. While I'd like to take a leisurely scenic trip on a train, I can't say I'd look forward to a bus trip. I've heard too many stories that turn me off to the idea of a trip by bus.  Yes, I know that I'm fortunate to not have to take the bus.  But, so are many others, which is why the bus industry has not flourished.

Five years ago my wife and I went to Tampa by Greyhound to pick-up a motorcycle I'd bought. Never again. The noise, the smells, the ghastly backed-up toilet. Yech.

I'm with you 100% about wanting to take a long, leisurely train trip. But there is no passenger train service in Pensacola. But, of course, you can toss a mullet, or wear a battered camo baseball cap while eating at an upscale restaurant, or tie imitation bull's balls to your pick-up trailer hitch, carry a "Roll Tide" sticker on your rear window or a beheaded alligator noggin.

Yessirree sir, Pensacola's a bastion of civilization . ..

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Wordslinger wrote:
colaguy wrote:I have never taken a commercial bus trip, nor train trip, either. While I'd like to take a leisurely scenic trip on a train, I can't say I'd look forward to a bus trip. I've heard too many stories that turn me off to the idea of a trip by bus.  Yes, I know that I'm fortunate to not have to take the bus.  But, so are many others, which is why the bus industry has not flourished.

Five years ago my wife and I went to Tampa by Greyhound to pick-up a motorcycle I'd bought.  Never again.  The noise, the smells, the ghastly backed-up toilet.  Yech.

I'm with you 100% about wanting to take a long, leisurely train trip.  But there is no passenger train service in Pensacola.  But, of course, you can toss a mullet, or wear a battered camo baseball cap while eating at an upscale restaurant, or tie imitation bull's balls to your pick-up trailer hitch, carry a "Roll Tide" sticker on your rear window or a beheaded alligator noggin.  

Yessirree sir, Pensacola's a bastion of civilization . ..  

Take a look at the Amtrak site to get an idea of what's pitifully available for a train trip. It is expensive and some routes are cobbled together using bus connections. Just another area where we are not probably even in the top ten much less #1. Plot a trip for yourself and see what you come up with, just for fun.

http://www.amtrak.com/home

Sal

Sal

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum