Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Religion should be eliminated for the sake of human progress.

+4
polecat
boards of FL
KarlRove
Wordslinger
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

KarlRove

KarlRove

Floridatexan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Churches and religion have just as much right to access and to advance their positions as unions or communists.

Wtf do y'all think free speech means? I'll know you get it when I see you defend the rights of those you disagree with.

Everyone has a right to speak.  And I have a right to tell you you're FOS.  Churches do not have a right to actively promote candidates for office...it's a condition of their 501(c)(3) status with the IRS.

http://ffrf.org/outreach/item/14005-churches-and-political-lobbying-activities

Would that include all the black churches that tell their members who to vote for?

You're so smart, you figure it out. Show me an example of this kind of thing from a predominately black church. Organizing people to get to the polls is definitely not the same thing.

You and I both know that is EXACTLY what is happening. Folks are registered and bussed to the polls and coached on who to vote for in advance.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Churches and religion have just as much right to access and to advance their positions as unions or communists.

Wtf do y'all think free speech means? I'll know you get it when I see you defend the rights of those you disagree with.

Everyone has a right to speak.  And I have a right to tell you you're FOS.  Churches do not have a right to actively promote candidates for office...it's a condition of their 501(c)(3) status with the IRS.

http://ffrf.org/outreach/item/14005-churches-and-political-lobbying-activities

Would that include all the black churches that tell their members who to vote for?

You're so smart, you figure it out.  Show me an example of this kind of thing from a predominately black church.  Organizing people to get to the polls is definitely not the same thing.

You and I both know that is EXACTLY what is happening. Folks are registered and bussed to the polls and coached on who to vote for in advance.

Are we to presume that once in the ballet booth, their ministers or pastors are holding a pistol to their heads? Still, rules and laws are rules and laws.

Any black church that participates in politics by advocating certain candidates up for an election should indeed lose its tax exempt status.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

I forgot to mention:

Let's remove churches altogether! That would be doing some real good!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum