Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deflated footballs.......New England has a history of cheating at every turn

+5
Sal
boards of FL
Joanimaroni
polecat
2seaoat
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

They have had a draft pick taken away before.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Actually, they should just have the officials provide all footballs. Neither team gets to possess them at any point outside of regulation play. Problem solved.

Let New England keep the draft pick.

The end justifies any means... we get it.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:The end justifies any means... we get it.

No. I'm saying fix the issue that potentially led to this story to begin with. Why on earth should each team get to provide balls used in regulation? There should be some officiating control there that prevents this sort of thing entirely.

Have the officials inflate and provide the game balls and then we can all get back to watching the game instead of arguing over the influence of 2 psi in a blowout game.

Pull the money out of the equation... and the ethical thing to do would be to forfeit their win. Screw cheaters.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:Pull the money out of the equation... and the ethical thing to do would be to forfeit their win. Screw cheaters.

$$$$$$$$ huge profits justify field deportment.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:Pull the money out of the equation... and the ethical thing to do would be to forfeit their win. Screw cheaters.

We don't know that the players for New England were even aware of this. If the players on the field had no knowledge of ball tampering, how would keeping them out of the super bowl be ethical? How do we even know that ball tampering even happened at all? There could exist some explanation that would tell us why the balls were underinflated.

And, again, it certainly didn't impact the game. Indianapolis only put up 7 with their own balls.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:

We don't know that the players for New England were even aware of this.  If the players on the field had no knowledge of ball tampering, how would keeping them out of the super bowl be ethical?  How do we even know that ball tampering even happened at all?  There could exist some explanation that would tell us why the balls were underinflated.

And, again, it certainly didn't impact the game.  Indianapolis only put up 7 with their own balls.

Oh....just like I said before you never played sports. A seasoned quarterback with more than 10 years experience knows the feel of the ball. The Colts player, when he intercepted the ball in a previous game, knew something wasn't right. 

Can you tell when a basketball is underinflated....(hint)  it looses maximum bounce.

boards of FL wrote:

We don't know that the players for New England were even aware of this. If the players on the field had no knowledge of ball tampering, how would keeping them out of the super bowl be ethical? How do we even know that ball tampering even happened at all? There could exist some explanation that would tell us why the balls were underinflated.

And, again, it certainly didn't impact the game. Indianapolis only put up 7 with their own balls.

You can't know the impact. How many standard deviations from average to you suppose 11 out of 12 lose inflation?

Since this isn't the first mention... brady must prefer less inflation. What would happen if a golfer used an illegal club?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

We don't know that the players for New England were even aware of this.  If the players on the field had no knowledge of ball tampering, how would keeping them out of the super bowl be ethical?  How do we even know that ball tampering even happened at all?  There could exist some explanation that would tell us why the balls were underinflated.

And, again, it certainly didn't impact the game.  Indianapolis only put up 7 with their own balls.

Oh....just like I said before you never played sports. A seasoned quarterback with more than 10 years experience knows the feel of the ball. The Colts player, when he intercepted the ball in a previous game, knew something wasn't right. 

Can you tell when a basketball is underinflated....(hint)  it looses maximum bounce.

I have played sports all my life - not that that has anything to do with the subject at hand.

If I'm Tom Brady and I happen to feel that the ball may be underinflated (and, assuming that is my preference), but at the same time I know that the officials test the level of inflation prior to the game, am I going to say anything? No. Would anyone say anything? Probably not. Would you say anything?

If the players weren't in on this and if it is understood by everyone that the balls are tested prior to the game, there is absolutely no reason to bring up the point that you feel the ball may be underinflated unless that presents a problem to you.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

You can't know the impact. How many standard deviations from average to you suppose 11 out of 12 lose inflation?

Since this isn't the first mention... brady must prefer less inflation. What would happen if a golfer used an illegal club?

If 2 psi really impacts a game so significantly that it can nullify a blowout, then the NFL needs to change the official ball. Hell, every single game would be in question.

The fact is, 2 psi doesn't make an impact significant enough to swing a game by that much. Even players on the Colts have conceded that.

KarlRove

KarlRove

by polecat Yesterday at 2:29 pm
45 to 7
2lb less air is worth 38 points?

If you ain't cheating you ain't trying.
-----
Correct

KarlRove

KarlRove

If you get your as kicked by 38 points there was more wrong than just air pressure in a ball lol

KarlRove

KarlRove

Besides .... Didnt both teams use same ball?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

All NFL games are rigged...just like Wrastling...

http://www.debate.org/opinions/is-the-nfl-rigged

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

If 2 psi really impacts a game so significantly that it can nullify a blowout, then the NFL needs to change the official ball. Hell, every single game would be in question.

The fact is, 2 psi doesn't make an impact significant enough to swing a game by that much. Even players on the Colts have conceded that.

The legal limits are in place for a reason. Given the conditions and simple physics the advantage was significant.

If you've indeed played sports your whole life... with any success... you know that even a slight advantage is huge.

Particularly in tennis. If you can't pass me more times than not with your backhand... you'ld be lucky to win a game.

Found the culprit...

Deflated footballs.......New England has a history of cheating at every turn - Page 2 Deflat10

Last edited by SheWrites on 1/23/2015, 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

If 2 psi really impacts a game so significantly that it can nullify a blowout, then the NFL needs to change the official ball.  Hell, every single game would be in question.

The fact is, 2 psi doesn't make an impact significant enough to swing a game by that much.  Even players on the Colts have conceded that.  

The legal limits are in place for a reason. Given the conditions and simple physics the advantage was significant.

If you've indeed played sports your whole life... with any success... you know that even a slight advantage is huge.

Particularly in tennis. If you can't pass me more times than not with your backhand... you'ld be lucky to win a game.

2 psi.  You are objectively wrong.  The Jaguars aren't defeating the Seahawks in Seattle due to a 2 psi advantage.  The Colts aren't winning that game on Sunday with a 2 psi advantage.  There is much much more to the game of football than the degree to which you can grip the ball.

There is something surreal about being told by two people - two pop warner FSU homers who couldn't even see that the 'Noles were mediocre - two people who feel that 2 psi (which was only a factor in one half) is such a huge swing that it could have potentially shaped Sunday's blowout - are suggesting that I have never played sports or even remotely know what I'm talking about.

FSU was the greatest thing since sliced bread.  2 psi is a major major factor in football - in spite of what actual NFL players say.  Everyone who disagrees must not have any experience with sports!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

If 2 psi really impacts a game so significantly that it can nullify a blowout, then the NFL needs to change the official ball.  Hell, every single game would be in question.

The fact is, 2 psi doesn't make an impact significant enough to swing a game by that much.  Even players on the Colts have conceded that.  

2 psi.  You are objectively wrong.  The Jaguars aren't defeating the Seahawks in Seattle due to a 2 psi advantage.  The Colts aren't winning that game on Sunday with a 2 psi advantage.  There is much much more to the game of football than the degree to which you can grip the ball.

There is something surreal about being told by two people - two pop warner FSU homers who couldn't even see that the 'Noles were mediocre - two people who feel that 2 psi (which was only a factor in one half) is such a huge swing that it could have potentially shaped Sunday's blowout - are suggesting that I have never played sports or even remotely know what I'm talking about.

FSU was the greatest thing since sliced bread.  2 psi is a major major factor in football - in spite of what actual NFL players say.  Everyone who disagrees must not have any experience with sports!

Oh my.....sorry Boards I didn't know FSU fans could not have an opinion that differs from yours. Dammit ! 

As far as the 2 psi of pressure, it does give an advantage according to what former quarterbacks have said. As far as New England ......it has happened before.

Sal

Sal

We must protect the integrity of the NFL!! ....

Deflated footballs.......New England has a history of cheating at every turn - Page 2 IY65llCKqbj37

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/deflate-gate-nfl-players-pile-england-patriots-quarterback/story?id=28428275

Sal

Sal

Bill Nye says Belichick is full of it ...

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/01/25/deflategate-bill-nye-refutes-bill-belichick-science-calls-out-claims-ball-pressure

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Anyone with half a brain knows Belichick is full of shit.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Richard Sherman said it the best........

"Will they be punished? Probably not. Not as long Robert Kraft and Roger Goodell are still taking pictures at their respective homes. He [Goodell] was just at Kraft's house last week before the AFC Championship. Talk about conflict of interest. As long as that happens, it won't affect them at all."
Sherman isn't joking! The commissioner was at a party at Kraft's house the night before the AFC championship.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum