Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SOTU 15

+3
knothead
boards of FL
gatorfan
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26SOTU 15 - Page 2 Empty Re: SOTU 15 1/20/2015, 11:36 am

KarlRove

KarlRove

Nothing is going to change. Congress and the Potus regardless of party are bought and paid for by special interests.

27SOTU 15 - Page 2 Empty Re: SOTU 15 1/20/2015, 12:17 pm

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:I was pretty sure you would ignore this: Don't think of a "flat tax" in a simplistic 3X5 card tax return format.

Amazing.

I didn't ignore that.  You ignored the 'flat' part of 'flat tax'.  

I know what the established thinking is about a flat tax drone. 1 rate for everyone. I thought this was an informal forum where people could discuss out of the box ideas, obviously that is too much to ask. Apparently you are too linear to participate in spite of your faux interest.

You proposed a "flat tax" and then gave an explanation for that that mirrors the progressive tax system that we already have.

That isn't an example of "thinking outside of the box".  That is an example of "proposing what we already have, but with new, incorrect terminology."

It would be unusual for you to consider a total thread discussion instead of cherry picking your talking points.

You are incorrect in thinking we have this: "Elimination of millions of special interest loopholes and mind boggling regulations is the goal."

I find it amusing that you somehow think you are more aware of issues than you really are.

Narrow minded people are a hoot.

We could eliminate the "millions of special interest loopholes", but that wouldn't bring us to a "flat tax".  Nothing you described remotely approaches a "flat tax".  A "flat tax" would be a disastrous idea; hence why I wanted to see you defend it.  

Wouldn't it be easier to just respond with "Yeah.  You're right.  A flat tax would be a terrible idea" rather than trying to redefine what a "flat tax" is?

Do you want to be right, or do you want to get it right?

You’re like a dog with a new bone. What a bore, tell me - what’s it like to crawl through life in straight line?

OK, let’s make this easy for you:

BoF is Right!!!!

BENGHAZI!!!!

ALWAYS right!!!!

BENGHAZI!!!!

Let there be no global thinking on this, the narrow minded forum!!!

BENGHAZI!!!!

This is not a forum!!! It’s really a narrowly focused blog on not trying to understand a bigger picture than the meaning of a few words….

BENGHAZI!!!

When you’re stuck with forum members with all the brain power of a brick…..it’s easier to let them bask in the glow of grasping a single point and dragging it around over and over and over.

BENGHAZI!!!!

After all, in the big scheme of things your opinion or inability to grasp concepts foreign to your narrow mind are not worth a cup of warm spit.

HILARIOUS!

28SOTU 15 - Page 2 Empty Re: SOTU 15 1/20/2015, 12:21 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Well, shouldn't we, at the very least, allow top tier tax rates to revert back to pre-Bush days?  I would actually call for more than that, but at the very least top tier rates should revert back to what they were under Clinton when we were getting perennial surpluses.

And shouldn't tax burdens be reduced for middle and working class demographics?  We have all seen the charts which clearly depict gross redistribution of wealth in the US.  Shouldn't that be addressed?

Both of those goals could be achieved along with many others through true tax code reform.

Even a flat tax would be preferable to the monstrosity of a tax code our not so illustrious Congress has foisted on us over several decades of catering to special interests.

When you can call the IRS with a tax question and even they aren't responsible for the legality of the answer they may give you the system is broken.

A flat tax would be the most regressive move possible...punishing the poor while giving the rich yet another escape from any tax burden.

29SOTU 15 - Page 2 Empty Re: SOTU 15 1/20/2015, 12:33 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:I was pretty sure you would ignore this: Don't think of a "flat tax" in a simplistic 3X5 card tax return format.

Amazing.

I didn't ignore that.  You ignored the 'flat' part of 'flat tax'.  

I know what the established thinking is about a flat tax drone. 1 rate for everyone. I thought this was an informal forum where people could discuss out of the box ideas, obviously that is too much to ask. Apparently you are too linear to participate in spite of your faux interest.

You proposed a "flat tax" and then gave an explanation for that that mirrors the progressive tax system that we already have.

That isn't an example of "thinking outside of the box".  That is an example of "proposing what we already have, but with new, incorrect terminology."

It would be unusual for you to consider a total thread discussion instead of cherry picking your talking points.

You are incorrect in thinking we have this: "Elimination of millions of special interest loopholes and mind boggling regulations is the goal."

I find it amusing that you somehow think you are more aware of issues than you really are.

Narrow minded people are a hoot.

We could eliminate the "millions of special interest loopholes", but that wouldn't bring us to a "flat tax".  Nothing you described remotely approaches a "flat tax".  A "flat tax" would be a disastrous idea; hence why I wanted to see you defend it.  

Wouldn't it be easier to just respond with "Yeah.  You're right.  A flat tax would be a terrible idea" rather than trying to redefine what a "flat tax" is?

Do you want to be right, or do you want to get it right?

You’re like a dog with a new bone. What a bore, tell me - what’s it like to crawl through life in straight line?

OK, let’s make this easy for you:

BoF is Right!!!!

BENGHAZI!!!!

ALWAYS right!!!!

BENGHAZI!!!!

Let there be no global thinking on this, the narrow minded forum!!!

BENGHAZI!!!!

This is not a forum!!! It’s really a narrowly focused blog on not trying to understand a bigger picture than the meaning of a few words….

BENGHAZI!!!

When you’re stuck with forum members with all the brain power of a brick…..it’s easier to let them bask in the glow of grasping a single point and dragging it around over and over and over.

BENGHAZI!!!!

After all, in the big scheme of things your opinion or inability to grasp concepts foreign to your narrow mind are not worth a cup of warm spit.

HILARIOUS!

Ooooook then...

30SOTU 15 - Page 2 Empty Re: SOTU 15 1/20/2015, 12:34 pm

gatorfan

Floridatexan wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Well, shouldn't we, at the very least, allow top tier tax rates to revert back to pre-Bush days?  I would actually call for more than that, but at the very least top tier rates should revert back to what they were under Clinton when we were getting perennial surpluses.

And shouldn't tax burdens be reduced for middle and working class demographics?  We have all seen the charts which clearly depict gross redistribution of wealth in the US.  Shouldn't that be addressed?

Both of those goals could be achieved along with many others through true tax code reform.

Even a flat tax would be preferable to the monstrosity of a tax code our not so illustrious Congress has foisted on us over several decades of catering to special interests.

When you can call the IRS with a tax question and even they aren't responsible for the legality of the answer they may give you the system is broken.

A flat tax would be the most regressive move possible...punishing the poor while giving the rich yet another escape from any tax burden.  

If you were to REALLY read what I said I am advocating more for tax code reform. The flat tax was just an aside as better than what is in place now. But, like BoF, you cherry pick one point.

31SOTU 15 - Page 2 Empty Re: SOTU 15 1/20/2015, 12:42 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:Both of those goals could be achieved along with many others through true tax code reform.

Lest I not respond to gatorfan's entire post...

Yes, gatorfan.  We should make some changes to the tax code.  I think a good starting point to that discussion would be to consider the ideas proposed by Obama.  Broadly speaking, we need the rich to pay more in taxes and we need middle and working class families to pay less.  I'm basing that idea on the fact that we have witnessed a gross redistribution of wealth over the last several decades.  Our tax policy should reflect that and I feel that Obama's proposed tax changes account for that.

A flat tax is a laughably terrible idea if your goal is to address skewed wealth distribution because it would effectively raise taxes on the poor and lower taxes on the rich.  

Regarding your comment on the IRS.  Perhaps we should stop cutting their funding.  On what planet do you cut funding and then see improved results?

SOTU 15 - Page 2 IRS_chart2_b

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum