Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Affordable Care Act - Let The Teeth Gnashing Begin

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Starting in 2014 the ACA Individual Shared Responsibility Provision kicked in, requiring most to have some sort of minimum health care - your "shared responsibility". If not there will be a penalty, imposed and collected by the IRS when you file your 2014 tax return. Per the IRS website:

"26. What happens if I do not have minimum essential coverage or an exemption, and I cannot afford to make the shared responsibility payment when filing my tax return?

The IRS routinely works with taxpayers who owe amounts they cannot afford to pay. The law prohibits the IRS from using liens or levies to collect any individual shared responsibility payment. However, if you owe a shared responsibility payment, the IRS may offset that liability against any tax refund that may be due to you.

As many workers still withhold more from their paychecks than is necessary to pay the income tax, it looks as if their refund will be smaller.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Wait....what?!?  What?!?! When did this happen!!??  The ACA requires everyone to carry insurance or else pay a penalty!?!?!?  What?!?!

And, further, if I am due a refund and also owe a penalty, and if that penalty is deducted from my refund....that means my net refund will be smaller?!?!? What?!?!?

How does that work?!?!?!?! Seriously!!! How does that work!??!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum