Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Now Obama is Playing Nice With Cuba

+10
Vikingwoman
nadalfan
othershoe1030
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
TEOTWAWKI
knothead
gatorfan
KarlRove
ZVUGKTUBM
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/17/politics/cuba-alan-gross-deal/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

"...We are charting a new course toward Cuba," a senior administration official said. "The President understood the time was right to attempt a new approach, both because of the beginnings of changes in Cuba and because of the impediment this was causing for our regional policy...."

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

KarlRove

KarlRove

I'm sure he will write an executive order or memorandum to do whatever he wants. Communist negotiating with communists. This ought to go well.

gatorfan

Good, it's long past time to smoke the peace pipe with Cuba and open up trade, etc with that country. The Cubans I know are hard working people and deserve a country where opportunity is expanded.

knothead

knothead

I agree gatorfan . . . . I have friends who are from there and their work ethic is right up there with the Mexicans both work circles around Americans. I hope the Agreement includes repayment to those whose assets were seized following their revolution. It is past time to normalize . . .

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The best way to stop an enemy is to make him a friend....the MIC doesn't want that to happen.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

KarlRove wrote:I'm sure he will write an executive order or memorandum to do whatever he wants.  Communist negotiating with communists. This ought to go well.

I knew I could get a rise out f the Obama-haters by posting this article. Twisted Evil

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

TEOTWAWKI wrote:The best way to stop an enemy is to make him a friend....the MIC doesn't want that to happen.

The MIC was ready to bake Cuba under nuclear fireballs back in 1961. Gen. Curtiss Lemay was a USAF sociopath who had millions of megatons of explosives ready to be delivered to Cuban and also Russian targets. He was itching for a 'Go' signal to be made.

God bless John Kennedy and his brother Bobby for managing to turn those events off.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Good. Obama took action on the pleas of the Pope.

2seaoat

Normalization of relations with Cuba would be very good for the Port of Pensacola because prior to the trade sanctions a good portion of the port activity was shipments to and from Cuba.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

This normalization is long overdue. Twisted "logic" all along somehow trying to square all our trade with China, engaging as a way of transforming that country but letting domestic politics take a hand over our policy toward Cuba.

KarlRove

KarlRove

I could care less if we do so. There's nothing from Cuba I want. I lived at Gitmo as a kid.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

News reports are very interesting today re this announcement from the President. Of course Rubio flew over Yahoo ridge, hair aflame, that's to be expected but the comments I've heard on Fox and CNN and MSNBC have been surprisingly supportive.

Just heard Shepard Smith saying, well the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. He said he was reporting from south Florida years ago so has kept a close eye on U.S. Cuban relations.

I think this is pretty exciting. (in a good way).

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Normalization of relations with Cuba would be very good for the Port of Pensacola because prior to the trade sanctions a good portion of the port activity was shipments to and from Cuba.

It won't happen. Our port is not a working port anymore. The city officials do not want a functioning port......the downtown area has been designated a mixed media venue.

The city is very selective about what companies and commodities can utilize the port. Can you imagine unloading something that would be offensive to the patrons of the Fish House.....yuk!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Joanimaroni wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Normalization of relations with Cuba would be very good for the Port of Pensacola because prior to the trade sanctions a good portion of the port activity was shipments to and from Cuba.

It won't happen. Our port is not a working port anymore. The city officials do not want a functioning port......the downtown area has been designated a mixed media venue.

The city is very selective about what companies and commodities can utilize the port. Can you imagine unloading something that would be offensive to the patrons of the Fish House.....yuk!
Pensacola ....life as it was in the 19th century...

KarlRove

KarlRove

Pensacola was a very progressive place at the turn of the 20th century. In researching things for my Florida History class I was perusing through the Florida Historical Quarttely and found that there was once a legitimate red light district that flourished and was taxed/regulated including prostitution and illicit drugs.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Oh, that was when we had a serous port and not the joke we have now.

nadalfan

gatorfan wrote:Good, it's long past time to smoke the peace pipe with Cuba and open up trade, etc with that country. The Cubans I know are hard working people and deserve a country where opportunity is expanded.

Totally agree!

Vikingwoman

This is a feather in Pres. Obama's cap. Just more of his accomplishments. Obama for sainthood! LOL! Eat it w/ a spoon,pugs.

Cuba still will live under a dictator. They have trade with many countries.

So explain to me the big deal about this???

SheWrites wrote:Cuba still will live under a dictator. They have trade with many countries.

So explain to me the big deal about this???

Their biggest benefactors are russia and venezuela though... both in dire financial straights right now.

Obama folded the best hand... again.

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:This is a feather in Pres. Obama's cap. Just more of his accomplishments. Obama for sainthood! LOL! Eat it w/ a spoon,pugs.

Please explain how this is an "accomplishment".

What did the U.S. get out of this surrender to another communist nation?

Here is what our currently semi-retired President said in 2008.

Obama also said he would up uphold the embargo imposed after the island went communist, to use as leverage until Cuba shows "significant steps toward democracy," starting with freedom for approximately 219 jailed political prisoners.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2008/12/02/20081202obama-cuba1202-ON.html#ixzz3MCyUqjif

So he lied again....

Vikingwoman

uhh-two people were freed who were held hostage. What is wrong w/ you people? You can never give any credit for anything. What a miserable lot you are.

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:uhh-two people were freed who were held hostage. What is wrong w/ you people? You can never give any credit for anything. What a miserable lot you are.

So exactly what was accomplished? Nothing and you're embarrassed by the revelation of semi-retired President Obama's utterances and policy in 2008.

Specifically what did President Obama do to free Andrew Tahmooressi? A man who had served our country? Did President Obama call and welcome him home?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Vikingwoman wrote:uhh-two people were freed who were held hostage. What is wrong w/ you people? You can never give any credit for anything. What a miserable lot you are.

Markle is the Great Embellisher. He always exaggerates perceived Republican successes, while making sure he thoroughly denigrates perceived Democratic failures. In his eyes, there is nothing the Republicans can do wrong, while at the same time, there is nothing the Democrats can do right.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Markle is the Great Embellisher. He always exaggerates perceived Republican successes, while making sure he thoroughly denigrates perceived Democratic failures. In his eyes, there is nothing the Republicans can do wrong, while at the same time, there is nothing the Democrats can do right.

ONCE AGAIN...you have NOTHING. So you WHINE. I am SO impressed!

Now Obama is Playing Nice With Cuba AnimatedLaughterPink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum