Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

“conspiracy theorists” are actually more mentally sane (reasonable & sensible) than those who are considered conventionalists.

+2
boards of FL
TEOTWAWKI
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/12/08/study-suggests-conspiracy-theorists-are-the-most-sane-of-all/

Yeah but I already knew that......

Not that long ago, practically anyone who thought outside of the box, questioned the official stories, or did any type of investigation into certain subjects was labeled a “conspiracy theorist.” In fact, many of these people, including the majority of the writers here at Collective Evolution, are still considered conspiracy theorists by many even though the goal is simply to examine or verify the truth of something.
It is interesting how many of the people who are labeled as conspiracy theorists spend a lot of time with research and critical thinking. Sure there are always going to be more extreme people who lend a “bad name” to those who are legitimately assessing evidence, but it doesn’t mean the entire idea of conspiracy is invalid.
Many will check the facts, and look into the evidence on both sides of the coin. Generally the people who believe the mainstream idea of what is true, or is accepted as truth do not bother to look at the other side of the coin. They believe what they are told without question, and anyone who disagrees is, well, crazy, or a conspiracy theorist. Or in other words, paranoid.
The fascinating part is, it’s become some common place amongst society for people to not want to be labeled as a conspiracy theorist that anytime political leaders or the media wish to make something unquestionable, they will literally use the words “conspiracy theorists” in their speeches or reports when referring to anyone who wishes to question the story.

boards of FL

boards of FL

* - Source: Conspiracy theory website.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:* -  Source:  Conspiracy theory website.

you think government run media is going to post the truth ?...you are so unreasonable..

A case study examining online commenting trends was performed by psychologists Michael J. Wood and Karen M. Douglas of the University of Kent that revealed so called “conspiracy theorists” are actually more mentally sane (reasonable & sensible) than those who are considered conventionalists.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

‘The research showed that people who favored the official account of 9/11 were generally more hostile when trying to persuade their rivals,” said the study.

Yeah Bob..you are so hostile....

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

“conspiracy theorists” are actually more mentally sane (reasonable & sensible) than those who are considered conventionalists. Mind_blowing_46

TEOTWAWKI wrote:“conspiracy theorists” are actually more mentally sane (reasonable & sensible) than those who are considered conventionalists. Mind_blowing_46

Lol... I almost had a nephew convinced that planes were really just very small. It was blowing his mind.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PkrBum wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:“conspiracy theorists” are actually more mentally sane (reasonable & sensible) than those who are considered conventionalists. Mind_blowing_46

Lol... I almost had a nephew convinced that planes were really just very small. It was blowing his mind.
Great already warping your poor nephew...that's where BOFs come from....

2seaoat

It is interesting how many of the people who are labeled as conspiracy theorists spend a lot of time with research and critical thinking.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/12/08/study-suggests-conspiracy-theorists-are-the-most-sane-of-all/

Yeah but I already knew that......

Not that long ago, practically anyone who thought outside of the box, questioned the official stories, or did any type of investigation into certain subjects was labeled a “conspiracy theorist.” In fact, many of these people, including the majority of the writers here at Collective Evolution, are still considered conspiracy theorists by many even though the goal is simply to examine or verify the truth of something.
It is interesting how many of the people who are labeled as conspiracy theorists spend a lot of time with research and critical thinking. Sure there are always going to be more extreme people who lend a “bad name” to those who are legitimately assessing evidence, but it doesn’t mean the entire idea of conspiracy is invalid.
Many will check the facts, and look into the evidence on both sides of the coin. Generally the people who believe the mainstream idea of what is true, or is accepted as truth do not bother to look at the other side of the coin. They believe what they are told without question, and anyone who disagrees is, well, crazy, or a conspiracy theorist. Or in other words, paranoid.
The fascinating part is, it’s become some common place amongst society for people to not want to be labeled as a conspiracy theorist that anytime political leaders or the media wish to make something unquestionable, they will literally use the words “conspiracy theorists” in their speeches or reports when referring to anyone who wishes to question the story.

Let me try to do my best to clear up what appears to be some miscommunication.  Or maybe misinterpretation is a more apt term for what's happened here.

Actual conspiracies not only do exist,  but they are not even uncommon.
We've all engaged in conspiracy at some time.  It happens whenever two or more of us have colluded to do something covertly.  Most conspiracy is pretty innocent in nature and some is not.
And we've all discovered actual conspiracy being done by others.
Yesterday I myself devoted a thread to outlining what I believe is a government conspiracy.

So it's not the idea of conspiracy per se that I object to.  That's what you're misinterpreting,  teo.

What I object to is something else.  It's when someone spins up wild implausible claims without stepping back to realize how wild and implausible they are.  
It happens when someone tells me two of the tallest and largest buildings in the world can be subjected to a "controlled demolition" and it go completely undetected for decades of time.  And when I point out how UTTERLY implausible that notion is,  the same people can never provide any explanation for the hundreds of questions I ask pointing to the UTTER implausibility of every facet of it.
That sort of blatantly obvious implausibility is found only in very poorly thought out works of fiction.  It is not found in the real world.

But the thing I object to even more than that,  is when those making the claims cannot even assign any motive for the wildly implausible claims they're making.
Even if we start with the premise that 9/11 was an "inside job",  the fact is there is no motive for the "inside jobbers" to want to do anything as unbelievably stupid as that "controlled demolition" because whatever supposed  benefit they will receive from it would so far outweigh the risks and the downside,  that anyone with common sense would realize the "inside jobbers" would never ever want to atemmpt such a thing.

And it becomes even more ridiculous when the only benefit anyone can suggest is so inane.  That it was a remedy for the building owner's asbestos problem.  To even contemplate that people would conspire to commit one of the most heinous examples of mass murder and treason in the history of the world when the only benefit is for one of them to get rid of an asbestos problem,  is so over the top that I cannot imagine anyone would fail to recognize that.  ESPECIALLY someone as smart as you are.  In fact I cannot even imagine the dumbest of individuals actually believing such a childish thing when there is no reason to believe it.

There was no other benefit afforded by a "controlled demolition".  As I've pointed out so many times before to so many different people who make these absurd claims,  when I was researching all this I found a website which provides front pages of newspapers from around the country and around the world.  And the vast majority of newspaper front pages of 9/12/2011 showed us two towering infernos.  Not a pile of rubble.
All those newspapers had a choice to present either on their front page the day following the disaster.  And they chose the towering inferno photos for a reason.  That's because they know and I know that two 110 story towering infernos are a whole lot more moving and emotionally engaging than a picture of a pile of rubble.

If the skyscrapers had not collapsed,  the image of the towering infernos with Americans jumping to their deaths,  and the image of America desperately trying to rescue it's people would have continued to be televised to the country and the world.  Maybe for days on end while our largest city continued to be paralyzed.
The "inside jobbers" would have been fully aware of that too.  And they would have also realized that an unbelievably difficult plot to "blow up" the buildings would have immediately put the whole plot at risk of being exposed which is the very last thing they would ever want to do.  Especially since it would accomplish nothing of benefit to them.

I've observed some things which appear to be common to all "9/11 Truthers".
One,  they all seem to be so eager and willing to accept this sort of nonsensical claim without ever thinking any of it through.  I see that occuring with just about every aspect of these "theories".
Another is,  whenever they're confronted with logical rebuttal to these crazy claims,  they always fall back on that maddening line "well you don't accept it because you always believe everything the government tells you".  Horseshit.  I spent most of yesterday on here TELLING YOU how I don't believe what the government has told me.
If everything boils down to either I HAVE TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS ME, OR,  I HAVE TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING THE ALEX JONESES OF THE WORLD TELL ME,  then count me out.

Any questions?

Last edited by Bob on 12/10/2014, 11:56 am; edited 2 times in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

See, Hostile...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Not so much hostility,  more like this makes me cringe.  Why wouldn't it?
What makes me cringe is to see so many of my fellow human beings be so easily manipulated by snake oil. And it's not even good snake oil.
It's an embarrassment to our whole species.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:Not so much hostility,  more like this makes me cringe.  Why wouldn't it?
What makes me cringe is to see so many of my fellow human beings be so easily manipulated by snake oil.  And it's not even good snake oil.
I feel the same way about you ...those buildings were imploded...final answer...if you can't deal with that then believe what you want....it changes nothing ...

“conspiracy theorists” are actually more mentally sane (reasonable & sensible) than those who are considered conventionalists. Wtc7amateurmg7“conspiracy theorists” are actually more mentally sane (reasonable & sensible) than those who are considered conventionalists. Wtc7“conspiracy theorists” are actually more mentally sane (reasonable & sensible) than those who are considered conventionalists. Wtc-7-collapse-o“conspiracy theorists” are actually more mentally sane (reasonable & sensible) than those who are considered conventionalists. Wtc7ny1cuyf8“conspiracy theorists” are actually more mentally sane (reasonable & sensible) than those who are considered conventionalists. A39ae149b0f6

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What is it now, about a dozen times over the years we've preached this stuff to each other and always end up right back at this same impasse?

I still enjoy it every time though. Keeps the juices flowing to ward of the alzheimers. lol

Bob wrote:Not so much hostility,  more like this makes me cringe.  Why wouldn't it?
What makes me cringe is to see so many of my fellow human beings be so easily manipulated by snake oil.  And it's not even good snake oil.

Agree.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Let's get that catfish again one day next week. I'm hungry for it again.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Do you like catfish, SheWrites? We'd love to have you join us.
We have to go all the way to Milton to get it but it's worth it. lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I am not the one denying physics.....I think Lisa12 would like some catfish...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You and Lisa pick a day next week and we'll all get us some of that mouth watering catfish.

p.s. It's not physics you're denying, it's logic.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:You and Lisa pick a day next week and we'll all get us some of that mouth watering catfish.

p.s.  It's not physics you're denying,  it's logic.  
Physics is logic.....nothing falls into the path of most resistance NOTHING....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Bob wrote:You and Lisa pick a day next week and we'll all get us some of that mouth watering catfish.

Well firstly, gravity is what controls the collapse of skyscrapers.
If the "path of most resistance" is in the direction gravity takes them (which is straight down towards the surface of the earth), then they certainly will collapse into the path of most resistance.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Well firstly,   gravity is what controls the collapse of skyscrapers.  
If the "path of most resistance" is in the direction gravity takes them (which is straight down towards the surface of the earth),  then they certainly will collapse into the path of most resistance.  

Okay fall straight down or fall over and see which is easier to hit your head on the floor first...oh yeah that backbone legs neck and stuff get in your way falling straight down....well I'll come over and set your legs on fire and see if that helps.....

“conspiracy theorists” are actually more mentally sane (reasonable & sensible) than those who are considered conventionalists. China%20fire%20no%20collapse%202

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 12/10/2014, 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Claim One:
“The Twin Towers collapsed at free-fall accelerations through the path of greatest resistance.”

Perhaps the most bizarre aspect of September 11 was the rapid destruction of both 110-story Twin Towers: after the collapses began due to cascading structural failures at the airplane impact locations, each tower fell completely in just fifteen to twenty seconds. Mainstream scientific analyses, including years of work by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), generally looked at the cause of each collapse: the intense fires (started by jet fuel and fed by office contents and high winds) eventually caused floor trusses to sag, pulling the perimeter walls inward until they finally snapped. At this instant, the entire upper section of each tower fell the height of one floor, initiating an inevitable, progressive, and utterly catastrophic collapse of each of the structures.

While the mainstream explanation (dismissed as the “official story” by 9/11 Truthers) usually ends with the initiation of these unstoppable collapses, the 9/11 Truth movement’s attacks begin there. Gage of AE911 Truth says on that group’s website, “Destruction [of the Twin Towers] proceeds through the path of greatest resistance at nearly free-fall acceleration” (Gage 2011; emphasis added). Many 9/11 Truther pundits drop the “nearly” and say simply that the collapses were at free fall. Truthers then insist that free fall acceleration indicates a complete lack of resistance, proving that the structures were demolished with explosives. We are also told that the sheer mass of the towers, “80,000 tons of structural steel,” would simply resist collapse.

“conspiracy theorists” are actually more mentally sane (reasonable & sensible) than those who are considered conventionalists. Thomas-figure

{View full-size chart on the linked page}

How could the buildings fall so quickly? It’s been explained very well in the technical literature by Northwestern’s Zdenek Bazant, PhD, and others (see, for example, Bazant 2008). I’ve developed a simpler physics model of the progressive collapses that agrees quite well with the main points of Bazant’s more rigorous results (Thomas 2010b). Here are some of my findings:

Each floor of the towers contained over two million kilograms of mass. The gravitational potential energy of a standing tower with twelve-foot floors extending upward 110 stories can be calculated straightforwardly; it comes to over 420 billion joules of energy, or the equivalent of 100 tons of TNT per tower. This energy, which was released completely during the collapses, is more than the energy of some of the smaller nuclear weapons in the U.S. arsenal, such as the W-48 (72 tons TNT) (Sublette 2006). This is where the energy required to break columns, pulverize concrete, and expel debris through windows came from. (Truthers often compare such expulsions of air and debris, visible several floors below the collapse fronts, to “squibs,” explosive devices often used in demolitions. However, they are readily explained by pressure changes as the towers, acting like a gigantic bicycle pump being compressed, collapsed.)
The Twin Towers used a “tube within a tube” architectural design, which provided considerable open office space in the interiors of the Towers. Much of the structural support was provided by a dense grouping of thick central core columns in the interior and the perimeter walls on the outside. When the towers began to collapse, large parts of the inner cores (called “the Spires” in 9/11 Truth circles) were actually left standing, briefly, before they, too, toppled over. The perimeter walls were largely forced to peel outward in large sections, producing the iconic images of Ground Zero with which we’re all familiar. Between the outer perimeter and the inner core, the weight of the upper sections plowed through one floor after another, breaking the floor connection brackets and support columns, pulverizing concrete decks, and gaining momentum and mass with each additional floor failure. Had the buildings been constructed differently (the Port Authority was allowed to circumvent some existing New York buildings requirements for the Towers), the collapses might not have even happened (Young 2007).
Even the 9/11 Truth movement’s most eminent physicists are confused about the basic principle of the difference between static and dynamic forces. A piece of paper, taped across a jar’s opening, will support a heavy coin such as a quarter indefinitely (static load). However, if the coin is dropped from just a few inches up, it will tear right through the paper (dynamic load). Given the information at hand—for example, the mass of the upper section of the north tower (fifty-eight million kilograms), the distance it fell (3.8 meters, about twelve feet), and the stiffness/rigidity of the lower structure itself, the dynamic force imparted on the lower section can be estimated as some thirty times the upper portion’s weight. This is many times the lower structure’s safety margin, which explains why it was quickly overwhelmed.
Once progressive collapse began, there were decreasing time intervals of free fall (between floors), punctuated by very brief, incredibly violent collisions—decelerations—of the upper mass, for each floor in turn. There was resistance at every step of the collapse, as the upper section collided with and incorporated each floor below. Conservation of momentum shows that the reductions in falling speed were slight as each floor was impacted, going as the ratio of floors before to floors after (e.g. 14/15, or about 94 percent, for the first impact). Accordingly, the upper section fell from rest to about 19 mph, was slowed down to 18 mph by the first impact, continued to fall until a speed of 26 mph was reached, was then slowed down to 24 mph by another impact, and so on. While the first plunge lasted about nine-tenths of a second, the upper section took only four-tenths of a second to fall through the next floor, three-tenths of a second for the next one, and so on until the bottom floors, which were crushed at a rate of just seven-hundredths of a second each, at speeds of over 100 mph. Yes, there was resistance at every step, as many tons of structural steel was demolished; yet the entire process, like an avalanche, lasted only fifteen to twenty seconds, about 50 to 100 percent longer than true “free fall” would have lasted.
Physics teacher David Chandler’s measurements of the first seconds of the collapse of the North Tower (WTC 1) showed that it fell with increasing speed but at only two-thirds of gravitational acceleration (g) (Chandler 2010). Chandler argues that this means the bottom section exerted a constant upward force of one-third of the upper section’s weight upon its mass, and he declares that this force should have been much larger, indicating that “some sort of controlled demolition was at work.”
Second, Chandler argues that being a Newtonian action/reaction pair, the impact force of the upper section on the lower section was only a third of the upper part’s weight. However, I’ve found that his estimate of the downward impact force was too low by a factor of one hundred. In addition, I found that the actual process—a series of twelve-foot free falls punctuated by violent and brief collisions with each floor—would have resulted in an average acceleration of precisely what Chandler measured for the start of the collapse of WTC 1, namely 2/3 g. (By the end of the collapse, my calculations indicate an average acceleration of only 1/3 g, but this can’t be measured in dust-obscured videos.)

http://www.csicop.org/si/show/the_9_11_truth_movement_the_top_conspiracy_theory_a_decade_later

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

That's a lot of bullshit Bob...
Where's the wtc7 explanation ?  If it imploded they all did..If it was Pulled they all were...

a 100000 people die/year from FDA approved drugs...I am sure the government pays well for bullshit generators.....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Okay fall straight down or fall over and see which is easier to hit your head on the floor first...oh yeah that backbone legs neck and stuff get in your way falling straight down....well I'll come over and set your legs on fire and see if that helps.....

You didn't read what I said.  I didn't say my body or a telephone pole or a tree would collapse straight down.
My body,  a telephone pole,  and a tree have enough rigidity to the structure to overcome that.  We will all "fall over" because of that rigidity.
I said A SKYSCRAPER will collapse straight down to the ground.  That's because it DOES NOT have the rigidity to keep itself intact enough to "fall over".
God (or the flying spaghetti monster or whoever created us) built that rigidity into our bodies.

Skyscraper designers don't build that kind of rigidity into the structure of a skyscraper.
If they did,  the skeleton would be so dense and bulky it would replace all the rentable space of the building.

Use your head, teo.

Last edited by Bob on 12/10/2014, 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This time let's do this differently than most truthers want to do.
Let's don't jump around between a dozen different points which
distracts us from dealing with any one of them.

Right now, let's stick to your notion that skyscrapers don't collapse downwards.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum