Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jobs report was more Communist propaganda by the left

+2
2seaoat
KarlRove
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

KarlRove

KarlRove

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102243878

(note the left supporting news media site that gives this report)

Consider it a brutal lesson in government math.

Friday's turbocharged jobs headline came thanks to seasonal adjustments and other wizardry at the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which reported that U.S. job growth hit 321,000 even as the unemployment rate held steady at 5.8 percent.

Those numbers, courtesy of establishment survey estimates, sound nice on the surface, and they certainly present reasons if not for unbridled optimism then at least confidence that the job market continues to mend and is on a pretty steady trajectory higher.

However, the household survey, which is an actual head count, presents details that show there's still plenty of work to do.

A few figures to consider: That big headline number translated into just 4,000 more working Americans. There were, at the same time, another 115,000 on the unemployment line. That disparity can be explained through an expanding labor force, which grew 119,000, though the participation rate among that group remained at 62.8 percent, which is just off the year's worst level and around a 36-year low.

But wait, there's more: The jobs that were created skewed heavily toward lower quality. Full-time jobs declined by 150,000, while part-time positions increased by 77,000.

Families, for instance, also were under pressure: There were 110,000 fewer married men at work, while married women saw their ranks shrink by 59,000.

And there was an exceedingly huge disparity between expectations and results: ADP's report Wednesday showed just 208,000 new private sector positions, compared with the 314,000 in the BLS report. That's a miss of 51 percent, the worst showing for ADP's count since April 2011 even though the firm has touted its partnership since then with Moody's Analytics as a way to make its count more accurate.

Some Wall Street analysts had been scaling back their calls, and Goldman Sachs, which has had a good history of picking the number, was expecting gains of 220,000. Even the most buoyant economist on the street, Joe LaVorgna at Deutsche Bank, was looking for 250,000.

Finally, there was a rather startling numerical coincidence: That same 321,000 figure was repeated later in the report—as the total number of bar and restaurant jobs created over the past 12 months.

Taken in total, a peek beneath the hood of these numbers suggests a job market that still has a ways to go.

(Read the full report here.)

KarlRove

KarlRove

bumpa

2seaoat

Florida State scores a touchdown and extra point, but Pace argues that although we have always called that seven points.......it is now four points.....oh I forgot......he likes Florida State......so it is now nine points......I think I will stick with the rules and simple math. The guy you hate is running up the score pace.....kicking asz and setting records......bowl game and probably the championship game again this year.........it has to hurt.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Yep he is setting records on how fast he can eff up America. You are right, he is doing a splendid job if that is the case.

polecat

polecat

Dear teabagger
6 years later you still have your guns.
You don't live in a FEMA camp, and you don't live under Sharia law.
There's no death panels, gay marriage hasn't ruined your life, you've seen the birth certificate, and the economy is growing.
Can you admit you were a DUMBASS?

boards of FL

boards of FL

polecat wrote:Dear teabagger
There's no death panels, gay marriage hasn't ruined your life, you've seen the birth certificate, and the economy is growing.

Nice one!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Must be nice on your planet....where's that at ? A tea party person could take issue with everything you mentioned....but then you would just deny it so...your life of wishful thinking rolls on....what is it Pkr calls it Unicornica?

polecat

polecat

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Must be nice on your planet....where's that at ? A tea party person could take issue with everything you mentioned....but then you would just deny it so...your life of wishful thinking rolls on....what is it Pkr calls it Unicornica?

Really?
Someone came and took your guns?
You live in a FEMA camp
When and where do the death panels meet?
Shall I go on...

Sal

Sal

polecat wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Really?
You live in a FEMA camp
Shall I go on...

No, ....

.... he lives in a surplus FEMA trailer parked way out in the sticks ....

.... with his gunz and his supplies stockpiled for the coming apocalypse ....

.... soiling his Depends every time the wind blows, because the death panel goon squads are just around the corner looking for him ....

.... so, yeah ....

.... Obama.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sal wrote:
polecat wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Really?
You live in a FEMA camp
Shall I go on...

No, ....

.... he lives in a surplus FEMA trailer parked way out in the sticks ....

.... with his gunz and his supplies stockpiled for the coming apocalypse ....

.... soiling his Depends every time the wind blows, because the death panel goon squads are just around the corner looking for him ....

.... so, yeah ....

.... Obama.
I live in a modest home in a Milton Florida suburb bub....I have one gun here just as Bob has, just like Bob's. I wear boxers and am as happy as a man can be.....so you must be talking about Teo......

KarlRove

KarlRove

by polecat Today at 1:57 pm
Dear teabagger
-----
Hello WTM

Take of the hand with your writing style and vocabulary thst doesn't beat around the bush with insults.

Sal

Sal

KarlRove wrote:by polecat Today at 1:57 pm
Dear teabagger
-----
Hello WTM

Take of the hand with your writing style and vocabulary thst doesn't beat around the bush with insults.

Polecat has been around as long as I have, dumbass.

You've had WTM on the brain for the last couple of days.

polecat

polecat

I'm just me and I did not write that I just agreed with it and posted it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum