Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Net Neutrality for People NOT called STUPID for Supporting ObamaCare by this administration.

+3
Hospital Bob
Sal
Markle
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Markle

Markle

Progressives never saw ANYTHING they did NOT want to regulate and, most of all...TAX! So if you LOVE more taxes, and what Progressive does not, yu must support MORE REGULATIONS!

Consumers

FCC official warns Obama-backed net neutrality plan would bring 'immediate' Internet tax

Published November 17, 2014
·FoxNews.com

Internet users would be forced to pay a new federal tax on their monthly bills if the government approves regulations recently endorsed by President Obama, a member of the Federal Communications Commission predicts.

Commissioner Mike O'Reilly addressed what's known as "net neutrality" at a Washington seminar on Friday. He spoke after Obama backed stricter rules by calling for preventing service providers from charging more for speedier service and for regulating them like telecommunications companies under a decades-old law.

That law requires telecommunications companies to pay into the FCC’s “Universal Service Fund” -- and would likely require the same of Internet companies. But O'Reilly says history clearly shows that the fees would quickly be “passed off” to customers, just like they are now on monthly phone bills.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/11/17/fcc-official-warns-obama-backed-net-neutrality-plan-will-bring-backdoor-tax-on/

I want to see them respond to this.

I need to go remove my thread because as you can see in this news, it appears Obama just wants to fund his Obama phones with this, and other social freebies.

Another tax, another 100's of pages of job killing regulations.

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:

That law requires telecommunications companies to pay into the FCC’s “Universal Service Fund” --

A policy which began in the Reagan administration and was expanded during the Bush administration, but I digress.

You would have us believe that it's the alleged $1.50 - $3.00 per month tax that's the problem, not the $60 per month bill for crappy, unreliable cable internet from a monopolistic provider.

Even if it's true, I will gladly pay the $1.50 - $3.00 per month to cover the last mile.

FAUX News distorts, Markie abides.

It's almost laughable... the useless idiots want to turn over the internet to the same govt that couldn't launch a website.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:
Markle wrote:

That law requires telecommunications companies to pay into the FCC’s “Universal Service Fund” --

A policy which began in the Reagan administration and was expanded during the Bush administration

Can you link me to something which explains that. I looked on the wiki page for "Universal Service Fund" and can't find a mention of that.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:It's almost laughable... the useless idiots want to turn over the internet to the same govt that couldn't launch a website.

Hoo boy, ....

.... are we gonna have to start calling it Obamanet?

That'll get the natives good and stirred up, fershur.

2seaoat

You cannot handicap stupidity.......so you think the internet has not been taxed. Shocked

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/technology/2012/07/who_invented_the_internet_the_outrageous_conservative_claim_that_every_tech_innovation_came_from_private_enterprise_.html

The government invented the internet, in conjunction with university R&D departments and private companies like Xerox and Hewlett Packard.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/technology/2012/07/who_invented_the_internet_the_outrageous_conservative_claim_that_every_tech_innovation_came_from_private_enterprise_.html

The government invented the internet, in conjunction with university R&D departments and private companies like Xerox and Hewlett Packard.    

You mean the internet was invented by one of your hero's, Al "Snake Oil Salesman" Gore.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

You mean the internet was invented by one of your hero's, Al "Snake Oil Salesman" Gore.

You really are stupid. Al Gore never said he invented the internet; what he actually did was expedite it through Congress. In 1967, I went to work for a bank. My first duties included documenting account information on data entry cards...transferring the bank's accounting system to computers at our correspondent bank. That facility took up an entire warehouse. Then, in 1968, as a student, I took Intro to EDP, which was taught by a former H/P researcher. He liked to talk about the evolution of the internet. The modem was a cradle for a dial-up phone; that's an experience I'll never forget. We used COBOL, wrote programs on punch cards, and fed them into the CPU. Engineering students used FORTRAN.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:You cannot handicap stupidity.......so you think the internet has not been taxed.   Shocked

Show us a link to your assertion.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

You really are stupid.  Al Gore never said he invented the internet; what he actually did was expedite it through Congress.  In 1967, I went to work for a bank.  My first duties included documenting account information on data entry cards...transferring the bank's accounting system to computers at our correspondent bank.  That facility took up an entire warehouse.  Then, in 1968, as a student, I took Intro to EDP, which was taught by a former H/P researcher.  He liked to talk about the evolution of the internet.  The modem was a cradle for a dial-up phone; that's an experience I'll never forget.  We used COBOL, wrote programs on punch cards, and fed them into the CPU.  Engineering students used FORTRAN.    

In a March 1999 interview with Wolf Blitzer, Gore said, "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet."

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
Markle wrote:

A policy which began in the Reagan administration and was expanded during the Bush administration, but I digress.

You would have us believe that it's the alleged $1.50 - $3.00 per month tax that's the problem, not the $60 per month bill for crappy, unreliable cable internet from a monopolistic provider.

Even if it's true, I will gladly pay the $1.50 - $3.00 per month to cover the last mile.

FAUX News distorts, Markie abides.

I receive excellent service and have for many years from Comcast. I also have the choice of several other high speed internet providers.

Please look at your phone bill. The government taxes total around 15%.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Imagine someone spilled their drink on the floor and then you saw someone else reach down to clean it up with a paper towel.

I suspect you could find an article written by a GOP supporter...

"MUST REED!!!111 CLEANING UP SHIT ON THE FLOOR WILL RESULT IN A NEW ****TAX(** IF WE START CLEANIGN SHT UP, WE HAVE TO BUY MORE APPER TOWEL11 THAT THE SXAME AS A TA!@!@@@@22222 LET'S LEAVE SHIT ON FLOR!!!1"

It's as if you have no idea as to how the govt operates... regulatory creep and evolution. Must be your first rodeo.

again

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:It's as if you have no idea as to how the govt operates... regulatory creep and evolution. Must be your first rodeo.

again

I know you are but what am I?

boards of FL wrote:Imagine someone spilled their drink on the floor and then you saw someone else reach down to clean it up with a paper towel.

I suspect you could find an article written by a GOP supporter...

"MUST REED!!!111  CLEANING UP SHIT ON THE FLOOR WILL RESULT IN A NEW ****TAX(**  IF WE START CLEANIGN SHT UP, WE HAVE TO BUY MORE APPER TOWEL11  THAT THE SXAME AS A TA!@!@@@@22222 LET'S LEAVE SHIT ON FLOR!!!1"

Net Neutrality for People NOT called STUPID for Supporting ObamaCare by this administration. Th?&id=HN.608044898483504044&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1

OH NO!!!!! IF I SCREAM AND SHOUT LOAD ENOUGH I CAN BE THE SQUEAKY WHEEL THAT GETS THE OIL. THEN NO ONE WILL COMPLAIN WHEN THE TAXES INCREASE. IT'S ONLY A FEW MORE DOLLARS!!! WHY CAN'T THEY SEE THAT. I DON'T CARE IF THE AVERAGE WORKER PROBABLY WON'T GET A ADEQUATE PAY RAISE THIS YEAR @)* *^##!+ I WANT MY NEW TAX!!!

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpzggAVxLME

Laughing

boards of FL

boards of FL

You don't understand net neutrality, neocon.

boards of FL

boards of FL

The alternative to net neutrality is designed to fail, teabaggers.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:It's as if you have no idea as to how the govt operates... regulatory creep and evolution. Must be your first rodeo.

again

Once again, you make no sense. Had nothing...again so you just throw something out. Must have stung when I used something similar with you. But...mine made sense.

Keep up the good work!

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

again

Once again, you make no sense.  Had nothing...again so you just throw something out.  Must have stung when I used something similar with you.  But...mine made sense.

Keep up the good work!

Had nothing? Go re-read my post. It's all there, republican.

2seaoat

I am still smiling that Mr. Markle wants me to provide a link that the internet has being taxed by government......I guess I am going to have some fun. Mr. Markle how is your internet delivered to your home? How do you connect to the worldwide web?

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:The alternative to net neutrality is designed to fail, teabaggers.

So desperate you are now reduced to using homosexual slurs. You must be so proud.

He's just proving how immature he is.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:The alternative to net neutrality is designed to fail, teabaggers.

So desperate you are now reduced to using homosexual slurs.  You must be so proud.

I post facts that refute your claims and all you see is homosexual slurs.

Bad ideas fail, neocon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum