Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Garcon Point Bridge Toll Incresing to $5.00, One-Way

+3
TEOTWAWKI
Joanimaroni
ZVUGKTUBM
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://www.pnj.com/story/news/2014/11/14/garcon-point-bridge-toll-go/19037733/

I think the Garcon Point Bridge would serve a better purpose if it were dismantled and used to make a reef out in the Gulf.

Yes, gasoline prices are at an all-time low--encouraging more drivers to take the long way around to get to Milton, and the foolish bond-holders are demanding the toll be increased to boost already lagging revenue. I have news for the bondholders...... "F" U

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:http://www.pnj.com/story/news/2014/11/14/garcon-point-bridge-toll-go/19037733/

I think the Garcon Point Bridge would serve a better purpose if it were dismantled and used to make a reef out in the Gulf.

Yes, gasoline prices are at an all-time low--encouraging more drivers to take the long way around to get to Milton, and the foolish bond-holders are demanding the toll be increased to boost already lagging revenue. I have news for the bondholders...... "F" U

I quit using the bridge years ago!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

There's a bridge there?..huh...that was stupid...

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:http://www.pnj.com/story/news/2014/11/14/garcon-point-bridge-toll-go/19037733/

But...you love higher taxes...for everyone else.

You and the other far left Progressives here have also tried to convince others that the more you punish people the more they will do something. Using Progressive logic, if they raised the toll to $10.00 each way and say $25.00 round trip, hundreds, if not thousands, would use the bridge.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:

You and the other far left Progressives here have also tried to convince others that the more you punish people the more they will do something.  Using Progressive logic, if they raised the toll to $10.00 each way and say $25.00 round trip, hundreds, if not thousands, would use the bridge.

Leave it to YOU to politicize a thread concerning a local issue that is located 200 miles away from where you live. I won't call you a dork, because I already know what your response will be. Rolling Eyes

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:

You and the other far left Progressives here have also tried to convince others that the more you punish people the more they will do something.  Using Progressive logic, if they raised the toll to $10.00 each way and say $25.00 round trip, hundreds, if not thousands, would use the bridge.

Leave it to YOU to politicize a thread concerning a local issue that is located 200 miles away from where you live. I won't call you a dork, because I already know what your response will be. Rolling Eyes

Oh but the bridge was built for a crooked politician's monetary benefit.

Last edited by Joanimaroni on 11/14/2014, 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

You and the other far left Progressives here have also tried to convince others that the more you punish people the more they will do something. Using Progressive logic, if they raised the toll to $10.00 each way and say $25.00 round trip, hundreds, if not thousands, would use the bridge.

If taxes were raised to take care of America's failing infrastructure, investment in private sector jobs, and paying off our debt there never would have been a need to have a toll bridge in the first place.

I used the bridge when I was using my dump truck running from Garcon to Navarre. At 8mpg it paid for my savings. However, at $2.75 per gallon and having a Prius I will not use it. Nothing better however than crossing it with a full moon late at night with nobody else on the bridge.

Vikingwoman

That's the way to do it! Keep on increasing it until somebody uses it.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Gasoline would need to cost $10.00 per gallon for a $5.00 bridge toll to be worth it.

The bond-holders who invested in this boondoggle were suckers, plain and simple.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Gasoline would need to cost $10.00 per gallon for a $5.00 bridge toll to be worth it.

The bond-holders who invested in this boondoggle were suckers, plain and simple.

Yes they were. They were swindled. The traffic projections for the bridge were based on the bridge to Destin not the bridge to Gulf Breeze Walmart.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:

Is that NOT what you believe? Citizens will do more of whatever it is for which they are being punished.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:But...you love higher taxes...for everyone else.

If taxes were raised to take care of America's failing infrastructure, investment in private sector jobs, and paying off our debt there never would have been a need to have a toll bridge in the first place.  

I used the bridge when I was using my dump truck running from Garcon to Navarre.  At 8mpg it paid for my savings.  However, at $2.75 per gallon and having a Prius I will not use it.  Nothing better however than crossing it with a full moon late at night with nobody else on the bridge.

What a hoot! One would think it was two different people writing those two paragraphs. Two, diametrically opposed points of view.

Might you have two personalities along with your other maladies?

2seaoat

What a hoot! One would think it was two different people writing those two paragraphs. Two, diametrically opposed points of view.

You really cannot distinguish things in your environment.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:

If taxes were raised to take care of America's failing infrastructure.

If taxes were raised to take care of America's infrastructure, you would get a lot more Bo's Bridges.
Sadly, that's about all today's democrat and republican politicians are capable of.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:What a hoot! One would think it was two different people writing those two paragraphs. Two, diametrically opposed points of view.

You really cannot distinguish things in your environment.

Garcon Point Bridge Toll Incresing to $5.00, One-Way AnimatedLaughterPink

Good to see that you saw it too an have a sense of humor. It is laughable!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum