Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stupid Wendy Davis ....liberals who have nothing to run on do these things

+3
ZVUGKTUBM
Floridatexan
2seaoat
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/10/10/wendy-davis-goes-negative-with-wheelchair-ad/

Yep, wheelchair ads....what an idiot. She just lost that election.

2seaoat

Yep, wheelchair ads....what an idiot. She just lost that election.

Tort reform which takes the rights of victims away is something to run on.......More special interests turning Americans into slabs of beef with little or no value. Yep, it sounds like an issue which is resonating in America. Record corporate profits and BP poisoning folks and giving pennies on the dollar for damages.......nobody in Texas would care about such things.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The point of her ad is that Greg Abbott, who is in a wheelchair, doesn't want to help other people who are in wheelchairs.  Greg Abbott also figures in the current Rick Perry scandal over improper use of cancer research funds...the one that was being investigated by the Public Integrity Unit.  The prosecutor in that case is a Republican.  And there's another scandal involving Texas Enterprise Fund misappropriation...in which AG Abbott has some 'splainin' to do.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/09/30/greg-abbotts-shady-relationship-texas-enterprise-fund-cost-taxpayers-222-million.html

http://progresstexas.org/blog/wendy-davis-ad-blasts-greg-abbott-cancer-fund-scandal

One more thing...Wendy Davis is not stupid.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PaceDog keeps starting threads about Democratic candidates. He must be sleepless at night over how this election might turn out for Republicans.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:The point of her ad is that Greg Abbott, who is in a wheelchair, doesn't want to help other people who are in wheelchairs.  Greg Abbott also figures in the current Rick Perry scandal over improper use of cancer research funds...the one that was being investigated by the Public Integrity Unit.  The prosecutor in that case is a Republican.  And there's another scandal involving Texas Enterprise Fund misappropriation...in which AG Abbott has some 'splainin' to do.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/09/30/greg-abbotts-shady-relationship-texas-enterprise-fund-cost-taxpayers-222-million.html

http://progresstexas.org/blog/wendy-davis-ad-blasts-greg-abbott-cancer-fund-scandal

She's not stupid, she simply makes extremely bad choices. Six of one and half a dozen of another is it not?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:The point of her ad is that Greg Abbott, who is in a wheelchair, doesn't want to help other people who are in wheelchairs.  Greg Abbott also figures in the current Rick Perry scandal over improper use of cancer research funds...the one that was being investigated by the Public Integrity Unit.  The prosecutor in that case is a Republican.  And there's another scandal involving Texas Enterprise Fund misappropriation...in which AG Abbott has some 'splainin' to do.

She's not stupid, she simply makes extremely bad choices.  Six of one and half a dozen of another is it not?

Compared to you, she's an Einstein.

Anyone who would attack a handicapped person is.....stupid.

Sal

Sal

A tree fell on him.

He was paralyzed.

He sued and got millions.

He has since spent the rest of his life doing everything he could to stop anyone else from receiving the same kind of treatment he had.

It's called hypocrisy.

And, there's nothing wrong with pointing it out.

Of course Dems have no couth ..... Whatever it takes be it attacking handicapped people or not they will do it

Sal

Sal

You really would have to be a box-of-rocks dumbass not to recognize that the ad is aimed at his hypocrisy, not at his disability.

You'd have to be the same if you think attacking handicapped people is appropriate ... But you do refer to people as retarded which is totelly wrong as well.

Sal

Sal

It's hilarious to see the same jackasses who are constantly bemoaning political correctness, throwing a hissy about this ad.

But, like I said ...

... hypocrisy.

Sal wrote:It's hilarious to see the same jackasses who are constantly bemoaning political correctness, throwing a hissy about this ad.

But, like I said ...

... hypocrisy.

Normal folks don't use the R word like others do when saying "hello"...You use the R word like it's nothing and that refers to the handicapped as well. Please move out of the 1960s and into the 21st century. The term is InD or Intellectually Disabled.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://progresstexas.org/blog/ten-facts-about-briberygate-and-cancer-research-center-scandal

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Normal folks don't use the R word like others do when saying "hello"...You use the R word like it's nothing and that refers to the handicapped as well. Please move out of the 1960s and into the 21st century. The term is InD or Intellectually Disabled.

What the hell are you blathering about, you intellectually disabled teatard?

boards of FL

boards of FL

We have republican efforts underway in multiple states that aim to keep people out of the polls. We have house republicans across the country sitting in highly gerrymandered districts...so much so that democratic legislators actually received more votes during the 2010 mid-term "shellacking". And here we have members of the republican base referring to liberals as the entities that have nothing to run on.

Dum dum dum dum dum.

Sal

Sal

The Davis ad is an important one because it strikes at the heart of what movement conservatism has made of the Republican party, which once was the party of the Pure Food and Drug Act, trust-busting, the Interstate Highway System, the Clean Water Act, and the EPA. Over the past three decades, however, beginning with that epochal moment when Ronald Reagan said, in his first inaugural, that government was the problem -- not if you were a defense contractor, one thinks, or a mullah who wanted missiles -- the Republican party has profited uniquely from a massive internal contradiction that would have given a less well-funded institution the blind staggers. And the party has doubled down on that contradiction year after year, decade after decade. Simply put, the Republican party deliberately has transformed itself from the Party of Lincoln to the Party of I've Got Mine, Jack. And it rarely, if ever, gets called to account for that. As a result, and without substantial notice or paying a substantial price, and on many issues, individual Republicans have been able to justify the benefits they've received from government activity that they now oppose in theory and in practice. This is not "hypocrisy." That is too mild a word. This is the regulatory capture of the government for personal benefit. That it makes a lie, again and again, of the basic principles of modern conservatism -- indeed, that it shows those principles to be a sham -- is certainly worthy of notice and debate. It is certainly worthy of notice and debate that the conservative idea of the benefits of a political commonwealth means those benefits run only one way. Modern conservatism is not about making the government smaller. It's about making the government exclusive. It's not about streamlining the benefits of the political commonwealth. It's about making sure those benefits flow only to those people who have proven through their ability to work all the other levers of power that they deserve those benefits.

One of the clearest demonstrations of the contradiction came during the Republican National Convention in 2012, when the party gave one night of speeches over to the theme, "We did build that," a deliberate misinterpretation of something the president had said. Speaker after speaker spoke of how they pulled themselves up and built their success without interference from "government." By the end of the night, the bootstraps has been pulled up so hard and so long that they must've extended from Tampa halfway through Alabama. But there was a curious thing about these speeches. A great many of them began with, "When my Dad got out of the Army..." There was the guy who built his business who never mentioned the small-business loans he'd obtained. There was Chris Christie, railing against the dead hand of big government while nearly sobbing over how important the GI Bill had been to his Dad. There was Governor Mary Fallin of Oklahoma who, against all history and logic, explained how her state had been built only through the sweat of Oklahomans. It was a night of organized bullshit so epic that it stands alone in my memory. It should have been all anybody talked about for a month. It should have defined the Republican party for a generation. Hell, if it weren't for the New Deal, Ronald Reagan's father would have been the town drunk. Government wasn't The Problem then. Instead, it passed without conspicuous notice. If a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged, then a liberal is a conservative who was stupid enough to buy a Pinto. My son's industrial accident must be avenged. Oh, and we should do away with OSHA as soon as that happens. Greg Abbott deserved that $10 million, but all the people taking advantage of the Americans With Disabilities Act don't deserve wheelchair ramps or curb cuts. It's monstrous.

The contradiction never should have been allowed to grow this way. Clarence Thomas should have been defined by his hysterical opposition to the affirmative action programs that helped him get out of Georgia and into Holy Cross, and not by what he may or may not have said to Anita Hill, as egregious as those comments may have been. Paul Ryan should have had the Social Security survivors benefits that got him through high school and college hung around his entire political career and draped like an iron shroud over every dystopian "budget" he ever proposed. (And, no, his sudden tenderness towards the generosity of his fellow citizens doesn't count. You're welcome, dickhead.) Every Republican congressman who begged for money from the stimulus package he otherwise condemned -- like Paul Ryan, now that I think about it -- should have had that request become a liability, and not an asset. And, since the elite political press pretty much has chickened out on its job of highlighting how the entire modern conservative ideology is built on this kind of slippery manure, it's up to the Democratic party to do it, and the Democratic party has been terrible at the job, too. This is why Wendy Davis's commercial is not only fair, it's an important moment that needs to be replicated where applicable all over the country until the message sinks in. Either government is the problem or it is not. If it's a problem for the country as a whole, then it's also a problem in Greg Abbott's personal life, and he should have been more concerned than he was about those personal injury lawsuits that are clogging up the courts. After all, they're the real job-killers.

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/Pulling_Up_The_Ladder

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Amen.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:

She's not stupid, she simply makes extremely bad choices.  Six of one and half a dozen of another is it not?

Compared to you, she's an Einstein.

Stupid Wendy Davis ....liberals who have nothing to run on do these things Socratestoo

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Of course Dems have no couth ..... Whatever it takes be it attacking handicapped people or not they will do it

Face it, the guy in the wheelchair's an asshole. And no matter how many times or how many ways you describe his physical disability, he still remains an asshole.

Markle

Markle

[quote="Wordslinger"]
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Of course Dems have no couth ..... Whatever it takes be it attacking handicapped people or not they will do it

Face it, the guy in the wheelchair's an asshole.  And no matter how many times or how many ways you describe his physical disability, he still remains an asshole.[/quote

You're so cute the more desperate you get.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Look who's campaigning for Greg Abbott, our old friend "uncle" Ted:

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/republican_hero_ted_nugent_shit_in_his_own_pants_to_avoid_the_draft

Republican loud-mouth, attention-seeking buffoon and draft dodging he-man man’s man, rocker Ted Nugent, the manly-man-man-man who gave his very own personal seal o’ approval to Mitt Romney and now, apparently, wants to give that very same kiss of death to the NRA.

Oh yes, if you haven’t heard, “the Motor City madman” will be the guest of Texas Congressman Steve Stockman at Obama’s State of the Union speech tomorrow night. Nugent plans to make an ass of himself highly visible on television both before and after the President’s speech (“During” would be interesting). Gun control advocates predict that Nugent’s appearance—let’s face it, whether you are a gun fan or not, Ted Nugent is a complete fucking twat—will backfire, making the NRA’s arguments harder to swallow.

In honor of this, here’s an oldie, but a goodie, an excerpt from a 1977 interview Nugent gave to High Times magazine:

High Times:How did you get out of the draft?

Ted Nugent: Ted was a young boy, appearing to be a hippie but quite opposite in fact, working hard and playing hard, playing rock and roll like a deviant. People would question my sanity, I played so much. So I got my notice to be in the draft. Do you think I was gonna lay down my guitar and go play army? Give me a break! I was busy doin’ it to it. I had a career Jack. If I was walkin’ around, hippying down, getting’ loaded and pickin’ my ass like your common curs, I’d say “Hey yeah, go in the army. Beats the poop out of scuffin’ around in the gutters.” But I wasn’t a gutter dog. I was a hard workin’, motherfuckin’ rock and roll musician.

I got my physical notice 30 days prior to. Well, on that day I ceased cleansing my body. No more brushing my teeth, no more washing my hair, no baths, no soap, no water. Thirty days of debris build. I stopped shavin’ and I was 18, had a little scraggly beard, really looked like a hippie. I had long hair, and it started gettin’ kinky, matted up. Then two weeks before, I stopped eating any food with nutritional value. I just had chips, Pepsi, beer-stuff I never touched-buttered poop, little jars of Polish sausages, and I’d drink the syrup, I was this side of death, Then a week before, I stopped going to the bathroom. I did it in my pants. poop, piss the whole shot. My pants got crusted up.

See, I approached the whole thing like, Ted Nugent, cool hard-workin’ dude, is gonna wreak havoc on these imbeciles in the armed forces. I’m gonna play their own game, and I’m gonna destroy ‘em. Now my whole body is crusted in poop and piss. I was ill. And three or four days before, I started stayin’ awake. I was close to death, but I was in control. I was extremely antidrug as I’ve always been, but I snorted some crystal methedrine. Talk about one wounded motherfucker. A guy put up four lines, and it was for all four of us, but I didn’t know and I’m vacuuming that poop right up. I was a walking, talking hunk of human poop. I was six-foot-three of sin. So the guys took me down to the physical, and my nerves, my emotions were distraught. I was not a good person. I was wounded. But as painful and nauseous as it was – ‘cause I was really into bein’ clean and on the ball – I made gutter swine hippies look like football players. I was deviano.

So I went in, and those guys in uniform couldn’t believe the smell. They were ridiculin’ me and pushin’ me around and I was cryin’, but all the time I was laughin’ to myself. When they stuck the needle in my arm for the blood test I passed out, and when I came to they were kicking me into the wall. Then they made everybody take off their pants, and I did, and this sergeant says, “Oh my God, put those back on! You fucking swine you!” Then they had a urine test and I couldn’t piss, But my poop was just like ooze, man, so I poop in the cup and put it on the counter. I had poop on my hand and my arm. The guy almost puked. I was so proud. I knew I had these chumps beat. The last thing I remember was wakin’ up in the ear test booth and they were sweepin’ up. So I went home and cleaned up.

They took a putty knife to me. I got the street rats out of my hair, ate some good steaks, beans, potatoes, cottage cheese, milk. A couple of days and I was ready to kick ass. And in the mail I got this big juicy 4-F. They’d call dead people before they’d call my ass. But you know the funny thing about it? I’d make an incredible army man. I’d be a colonel before you knew what hit you, and I’d have the baddest bunch of motherfuckin’ killers you’d ever seen in my platoon. But I just wasn’t into it. I was too busy doin’ my own thing, you know?

Yeah, man, lay off, the Nuge was just doing his own thing!

Let’s hope Ted’s wearing a diaper tomorrow evening, huh?

Below, a preposterous idiot in an Indian headdress plays “The Star Spangled Banner” on his gee-tar for an audience of mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging Neanderthals:

[...]

Stupid Wendy Davis ....liberals who have nothing to run on do these things Nugent_zps90ce947b

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:It's hilarious to see the same jackasses who are constantly bemoaning political correctness, throwing a hissy about this ad.

But, like I said ...

... hypocrisy.

Indeed, once again you go out of your way to prove your ignorance of the facts of the situation. Nothing unusual.

You seem intent on proving or being the poster boy for a quote from the best President in modern history. Ronald Reagan.

Stupid Wendy Davis ....liberals who have nothing to run on do these things Quote-the-trouble-with-our-liberal-friends_zpsda57fd1b

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

What's abundantly clear is that the "Dems" are couther than you. Totelly!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum