Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Serious Question ....

+6
2seaoat
nadalfan
boards of FL
Floridatexan
Joanimaroni
Sal
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Serious Question .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious Question .... 10/3/2014, 4:54 pm

Sal wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Sal, you are missing the point.  Totally missing the point.

The only point PeeDawg has ever had is the one on the top of his head.

There's a difference between reporting news and fear-mongering.

There's a difference between being informed and being irrationally terrified.

Like the left does everytime a shooting takes place? Or everytime a white kills a black? No matter the rarity.

27Serious Question .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious Question .... 10/3/2014, 4:56 pm

Sal wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Sal- http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Patient-With-Ebola-Like-Symptoms-Being-Treated-at-Howard-University-Hospital-278025181.html

Left wing news

Good post!

Let's compare.

Left wing news ....

Serious Question .... - Page 2 Screen20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wingnut news ....

Serious Question .... - Page 2 Screen21
Serious Question .... - Page 2 Screen22

Do ya see a difference?

Moron, I posted a left wing news source MSM. It's sad you just don't get it.

28Serious Question .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious Question .... 10/3/2014, 4:59 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:

I'm not Pacedog.

There is a difference between reporting news, warning the public, and a knowledgable government not being proactive.

29Serious Question .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious Question .... 10/3/2014, 5:02 pm

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Moron, I posted a left wing news source MSM. It's sad you just don't get it.

Slooooooowly, for the extremely dense ....

.... I posted a screen grab from your link, you fucking imbecile.

I then compared it to a typical wingnut source (one you've linked to on multiple occasions).

I did this to highlight the difference between news reporting (NBC) and hysterical bedwetting (Gateway Pundit).

Get it?

Dumbass.

30Serious Question .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious Question .... 10/3/2014, 8:41 pm

Sal wrote:

Serious Question .... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaIFZIAyoDhxvXvbnvItyaDByxDmzWzOvf5Au_qWIqwm0Bsab-

Fortunately his head is no where as near as pointy as yours.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xxQs34UMx4

Laughing

31Serious Question .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious Question .... 10/3/2014, 11:22 pm

2seaoat

A brave man dies once......a coward dies a thousand deaths.

I have a friend who was a smart engineer who was a rep for an industrial filter company. He once was a brave man. As he aged I saw him get more scared of living.....more retrenched in the illusion that somehow he could find safety. It has been scary to see the transformation from a brave man into this indecisive, inflexible, old man who is afraid. You cannot teach courage. It just has to feel right and sadly I have seen his politics turn into the politics of fear........racism and a real need not to be around people who are not well off economically. He wanted a corvette(I have a bunch of theories about people attracted to corvettes), and playing poker last night I heard the one time he takes it out of storage each year and drives it........it broke down. I do not get any of it........buy a vehicle which represents something dear and cherished to you, and put it in storage to use once a year, and in this artificial world and illusion......the car breaks down.....stranding he and his wife........reality entered this sad illusion. If you like the car......drive it and enjoy it frequently.....but like Silas Marner's gold hidden away in the floor boards.....only to be taken out and fondled......that novel written in 1861 goes to the core of many of our political problems and diversity between those who have assets and those who do not have assets..........the fear is overpowering.......please do not make any mistake......the hoarding of wealth is both evil and sad.

With little else to live for, Silas becomes infatuated with the money he earns for his work and hoards it, living off as little as possible. Every night he pulls his gold out from its hiding place beneath his floorboards to count it. He carries on in this way for fifteen years.

I think the aging process naturally tends to support conservative urges which are powerful fears of not being in control.

32Serious Question .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious Question .... 10/3/2014, 11:55 pm

2seaoat wrote:A brave man dies once......a coward dies a thousand deaths.

I have a friend who was a smart engineer who was a rep for an industrial filter company.   He once was a brave man.   As he aged I saw him get more scared of living.....more retrenched in the illusion that somehow he could find safety.   It has been scary to see the transformation from a brave man into this indecisive, inflexible, old man who is afraid.   You cannot teach courage.  It just has to feel right and sadly I have seen his politics turn into the politics of fear........racism and a real need not to be around people who are not well off economically.   He wanted a corvette(I have a bunch of theories about people attracted to corvettes), and playing poker last night I heard the one time he takes it out of storage each year and drives it........it broke down.  I do not get any of it........buy a vehicle which represents something dear and cherished to you, and put it in storage to use once a year, and in this artificial world and illusion......the car breaks down.....stranding he and his wife........reality entered this sad illusion.   If you like the car......drive it and enjoy it frequently.....but like Silas Marner's gold hidden away in the floor boards.....only to be taken out and fondled......that novel written in 1861 goes to the core of many of our political problems and diversity between those who have assets and those who do not have assets..........the fear is overpowering.......please do not make any mistake......the hoarding of wealth is both evil and sad.

With little else to live for, Silas becomes infatuated with the money he earns for his work and hoards it, living off as little as possible. Every night he pulls his gold out from its hiding place beneath his floorboards to count it. He carries on in this way for fifteen years.

I think the aging process naturally tends to support conservative urges which are powerful fears of not being in control.

Serious Question .... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgDOHJZHKf7vtVeG2pR7aW8CHcQqarPISXxvI7fTlPW3aE_oVRtw

So that's why you demand that government do your charity work at the point of a sword with everyone else's money, instead of financing your absolution of conscience with your own wealth.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THbvc3lx2pk

Smile

33Serious Question .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious Question .... 10/4/2014, 12:00 am

There's not much that's more cowardly than sacrificing an individual's liberty for some perceived collective entitlement.

34Serious Question .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious Question .... 10/4/2014, 12:41 am

Th Dude wrote:There's not much that's more cowardly than sacrificing an individual's liberty for some perceived collective entitlement.

Serious Question .... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-cSTxTskc294QTq1y3ljWR-joemhSU94OdDabiGLOcGXY2ItM_w

Allow me to rephrase please...

There's not much that's more cowardly than sacrificing other individual's liberties for some personal perceived collective entitlement.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ld3prHzbdY

Smile

35Serious Question .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious Question .... 10/4/2014, 10:38 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Sal wrote:Are cowardly people conservative because they're cowardly, or are conservatives cowardly because they're conservative?

Seriously, these people are in a blind panic about something new every other week.

Ebola, ISIS, immigrant children, blacks playing the knockout game ....

.... the list is endless.

It makes me wonder ....

Are easily frightened people inherently attracted to so-called conservative ideas for some reason?

Or, does the science denying and reality free right-wing echo chamber's endless fear-mongering induce this much panic?

Maybe, FAUX News just knows their audience.

Here is a site with a boatload of reports on various studies re liberal and conservative personalities, thought processes, likes/dislikes etc.

One of my views on the lib/con differences is that liberals are less threatened by different ideas than are conservatives.

Just to toss out another thought, I wonder what William F. Buckley Jr. would think of the current positions and people in the so called conservative arena these days? I digress.

4. Liberals have more tolerance to uncertainty (bigger anterior cingulate cortex), and conservatives have more sensitivity to fear (bigger right amygdala).
Source: Gary Leisman, et al., 'Intentionality and 'Free-Will' from a

2. Reliance on quick, efficient, and "low effort" thought processes yields conservative ideologies, while effortful and deliberate reasoning yields liberal ideologies.              

http://2012election.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=004818

36Serious Question .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious Question .... 10/4/2014, 11:17 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

othershoe1030 wrote:
Sal wrote:Are cowardly people conservative because they're cowardly, or are conservatives cowardly because they're conservative?

Seriously, these people are in a blind panic about something new every other week.

It makes me wonder ....

Are easily frightened people inherently attracted to so-called conservative ideas for some reason?

Or, does the science denying and reality free right-wing echo chamber's endless fear-mongering induce this much panic?

Here is a site with a boatload of reports on various studies re liberal and conservative personalities, thought processes, likes/dislikes etc.

One of my views on the lib/con differences is that liberals are less threatened by different ideas than are conservatives.

Just to toss out another thought, I wonder what William F. Buckley Jr. would think of the current positions and people in the so called conservative arena these days? I digress.

4. Liberals have more tolerance to uncertainty (bigger anterior cingulate cortex), and conservatives have more sensitivity to fear (bigger right amygdala).

2. Reliance on quick, efficient, and "low effort" thought processes yields conservative ideologies, while effortful and deliberate reasoning yields liberal ideologies.              

All of which means, liberals are braver and smarter than conservatives. But we knew that anyway!!

37Serious Question .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious Question .... 10/5/2014, 7:22 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It makes me wonder ....

All this is true.
BUT, as usual, you're not even listening to the other side. Because what they say is true is as well.
You and seaoat and the rest of the "liberals" are just as afraid as the "conservatives" except you're afraid of something different. You're scared shitless of a world where the government is not always holding everyone's hand like a fairy godmother.

38Serious Question .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious Question .... 10/5/2014, 7:51 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:

It makes me wonder ....

All this is true.
BUT,  as usual,  you're not even listening to the other side.  Because what they say is true is as well.
You and seaoat and the rest of the "liberals" are just as afraid as the "conservatives" except you're afraid of something different.  You're scared shitless of a world where the government is not always holding everyone's hand like a fairy godmother.  

lol!

39Serious Question .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious Question .... 10/5/2014, 10:37 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Bob wrote:

It makes me wonder ....

All this is true.
BUT,  as usual,  you're not even listening to the other side.  Because what they say is true is as well.
You and seaoat and the rest of the "liberals" are just as afraid as the "conservatives" except you're afraid of something different.  You're scared shitless of a world where the government is not always holding everyone's hand like a fairy godmother.  

No Bob, it is not that liberals want the government holding our hand it is that we do not want it set up in such a way that it keeps shoveling money and tax breaks to people who don't need it and should be paying tax rates that help support government services that everyone uses.

It is that we see the wealth gap and below poverty wages creating a wealth distribution like the one of the Gilded Age and the Roaring 20's. It is not a healthy situation.

I am happy to see cities and states raising the minimum wage on their own without waiting for the 'do less than nothing' Congress to raise it on the national level. I am fed up with tax payers subsidizing the profits of corporations like Wal-mart by providing their workers with food stamps and who knows what other government payments simply because the richest family in the country wants more profits. Why are we subsidizing them?

We need to reform the tax code and raise the minimum wage but that is not going to happen until we have a Congress that is not in the pocket of the corporations. We need a government that is by and for the people. Until that happens the wealth gap will continue to grow until we have another huge "correction" and then and only then will (apparently) the eyes of the people be opened and reform will begin. (Although there are signs that more and more people are catching on the the underlying problems.)

Do not confuse the desire to have a government that works for all the people with the idea that we want it to hold our hands. Right now the government is holding hands with the corporations.

40Serious Question .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious Question .... 10/5/2014, 10:44 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Wordslinger wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

It makes me wonder ....

All of which means, liberals are braver and smarter than conservatives.  But we knew that anyway!!

Yes we are a pretty tough bunch, thoughtful and not afraid of controversial ideas. We are not threatened by having our positions challenged. And, yes, we knew that already!

41Serious Question .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious Question .... 10/5/2014, 10:57 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Oh for crimminy sakes.  Government is borrowing itself into bankruptcy to keep holding the hands of not only the 1% but those on the other end of the economic scale too.
That's because everybody in this society wants government handouts and the politicians are glad to oblige them.

42Serious Question .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious Question .... 10/5/2014, 11:09 am

othershoe1030 wrote:

.....One of my views on the lib/con differences is that liberals are less threatened by different ideas than are conservatives.....

Serious Question .... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3Qpc28Doa3bW5oCXNDziN2uMzBGZAnuu5Q8YKzrx1voVS_O9X5g

Yeah sure they are...

*****ROFLMAO*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-e2bptjUOc

Laughing

43Serious Question .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious Question .... 10/5/2014, 11:15 am

Bob wrote:

All this is true.

Serious Question .... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWRCBamoMQsKg3RVaunvjC_GqWLL46TcUn9ATQ9vxWm-RoGfhjQA

I know what progressive liberals are truly scared of...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=336qJITnDi0

Very Happy

44Serious Question .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious Question .... 10/5/2014, 11:23 am

othershoe1030 wrote:

Yes we are a pretty tough bunch, thoughtful and not afraid of controversial ideas. We are not threatened by having our positions challenged. And, yes, we knew that already!

Serious Question .... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4gNfbDInvCS72DwlCtpfv1hjimPREtnfT9QStKQENnd7GIUIq

No. You're a bunch of panty waists who run and hide from ideas that don't conform to responses that you expect...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD-E-LDc384&list=PL2D4A44B959D87893

Smile

Sal, FT, and a few others are prime examples of the 'If I can't see it it doesn't exist hiding syndrome'.

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 10/5/2014, 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

45Serious Question .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious Question .... 10/5/2014, 1:15 pm

Sal

Sal

othershoe1030 wrote:

No Bob, it is not that liberals want the government holding our hand it is that we do not want it set up in such a way that it keeps shoveling money and tax breaks to people who don't need it and should be paying tax rates that help support government services that everyone uses.

It is that we see the wealth gap and below poverty wages creating a wealth distribution like the one of the Gilded Age and the Roaring 20's. It is not a healthy situation.

I am happy to see cities and states raising the minimum wage on their own without waiting for the 'do less than nothing' Congress to raise it on the national level. I am fed up with tax payers subsidizing the profits of corporations like Wal-mart by providing their workers with food stamps and who knows what other government payments simply because the richest family in the country wants more profits. Why are we subsidizing them?
I
We need to reform the tax code and raise the minimum wage but that is not going to happen until we have a Congress that is not in the pocket of the corporations. We need a government that is by and for the people. Until that happens the wealth gap will continue to grow until we have another huge "correction" and then and only then will (apparently) the eyes of the people be opened and reform will begin. (Although there are signs that more and more people are catching on the the underlying problems.)

Do not confuse the desire to have a government that works for all the people with the idea that we want it to hold our hands. Right now the government is holding hands with the corporations.

Tremendous post.

Really excellent.

46Serious Question .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious Question .... 10/5/2014, 1:18 pm

Sal wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

I

Tremendous post.

Really excellent.

Serious Question .... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTi-RTuM8-zKYkd67B5i_tLAbd5WfxRBXwayXy5PAfj3oMrN2r_jg

*****ROFLMAO*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swrLCQz-EaI

Laughing

47Serious Question .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious Question .... 10/5/2014, 1:23 pm

Sal

Sal

Man, ....

.... it stinks in here.

[exits elevator]

48Serious Question .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious Question .... 10/5/2014, 1:30 pm

Serious Question .... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4fSSGSu5vwnXNk8oWyD042pbgmZI1AEj035iHPpeamCt9kfmK4A

Funny. The air just got a whole lot fresher in here.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqIBGEcKhGs

Laughing

49Serious Question .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious Question .... 10/5/2014, 10:24 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Sal wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

I

Tremendous post.

Really excellent.

thanks.

50Serious Question .... - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious Question .... 10/6/2014, 8:48 am

gatorfan

Sal wrote:[font=Arial Black]Are cowardly people conservative because they're cowardly, or are conservatives cowardly because they're conservative?

ROFLMAO

I guess you must think Obama is a "cowardly conservative", maybe he is based on these quotes:

(Reuters) - President Barack Obama on Tuesday called West Africa's deadly Ebola outbreak a looming threat to global security and announced a major expansion of the U.S. role in trying to halt its spread, including deployment of 3,000 troops to the region.

"The reality is that this epidemic is going to get worse before it gets better," Obama said at the Atlanta headquarters of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).”

"ISIL poses a threat to the people of Iraq and Syria, and the broader Middle East – including American citizens, personnel and facilities. If left unchecked, these terrorists could pose a growing threat beyond that region – including to the United States.”

“Our nation’s immigration system is broken. Fixing it is an economic and national security imperative.”

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum