Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NBC Cameraman positive for Ebola

+2
Sal
Joanimaroni
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NBC Cameraman positive for Ebola Empty NBC Cameraman positive for Ebola 10/2/2014, 10:01 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Reuters) - An American freelance television cameraman working for NBC News in Liberia has tested positive for the Ebola virus and will be flown back to the United States for treatment, the network said on Thursday in an online report.
Diagnosis of the cameraman, who the network said came down with symptoms that included aches and fatigue on Wednesday, is believed to mark the first time an American journalist has been infected with the deadly virus since the current outbreak in West Africa.
The freelancer, who NBC said works as a writer as well as a cameraman, and whose name was not given by the network, is the fourth U.S. citizen overall to have contracted the disease in Liberia.
A Liberan man visiting relatives in Dallas recently became the first Ebola patient diagnosed in the United States.
The 33-year-old journalist was hired on Tuesday to serve as a second cameraman for NBC News chief medical editor and correspondent Dr. Nancy Snyderman, who is with three other network employees on assignment in Liberia's capital, Monrovia, covering the Ebola outbreak.
Immediately after beginning to feel ill and discovering he was running a slight fever, the cameraman quarantined himself and sought medical advice. He then went to a Doctors Without Borders treatment center to be tested for the virus, and the positive result came back less than 12 hours later, NBC said.

Sal

Sal

NBC Cameraman positive for Ebola The_Scream

Travel to Africa should be put on hold....period

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Travel to Africa should be put on hold....period

Makes you want to rethink how it is spread.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:NBC Cameraman positive for Ebola The_Scream

What, to you, if funny about an Ebola epidemic? Are you so desperate that you think someone is going to blame your messiah?

Markle

Markle

If I'm not mistaken, I seem to remember a study in Canada which indicated that it was POSSIBLE to spread Ebola through the air.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Markle wrote:If I'm not mistaken, I seem to remember a study in Canada which indicated that it was POSSIBLE to spread Ebola through the air.

Since the late 70's it has mutated.....in certain conditions it can live outside the body for a couple of days.

Vikingwoman

Markle wrote:
Sal wrote:NBC Cameraman positive for Ebola The_Scream

What, to you, if funny about an Ebola epidemic?  Are you so desperate that you think someone is going to blame your messiah?

If there's a way...you will.

dumpcare

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/ebola-virus-pandemic-should-be-treated-the-same-way-as-threat-posed-by-nuclear-weapons-security-officials-say-9771219.html

2seaoat

Dr Jeremy Farrar, director of the Wellcome Trust, said the chances of such a mutation occurring were “extremely small”, adding: “I am not aware of any viral infection changing its mode of transmission. This is not to say it would be impossible, but it’s important we retain a sense of proportion and not exaggerate the risks.”

From the article.

Booga boooga boooga........ISIS......Ebola......and little dirty bags of garbage.....the sky is falling........the sky is falling.

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) 33,561 people died in traffic crashes in 2012 in the United States (latest figures available), including an estimated 10,322 people who died in drunk driving crashes, accounting for 31% of all traffic deaths that year.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Dr Jeremy Farrar, director of the Wellcome Trust, said the chances of such a mutation occurring were “extremely small”, adding: “I am not aware of any viral infection changing its mode of transmission. This is not to say it would be impossible, but it’s important we retain a sense of proportion and not exaggerate the risks.”

From the article.

Booga boooga boooga........ISIS......Ebola......and little dirty bags of garbage.....the sky is falling........the sky is falling.

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) 33,561 people died in traffic crashes in 2012 in the United States (latest figures available), including an estimated 10,322 people who died in drunk driving crashes, accounting for 31% of all traffic deaths that year.

It has already mutated.

Sal

Sal

Everybody, make sure and get your flu shots!

My concern is the Army sending troops to the area for logistics aid. Really irks me. I realize they are the best in the world at logistics but I'm not happy about the risk involved with Ebola.

The conspiracy part of my mind (yes we all have it and how we control it shows how sane we are Razz ) well...never mind. No need to go there.

Sal

Sal

SheWrites wrote:My concern is the Army sending troops to the area for logistics aid.  Really irks me.  I realize they are the best in the world at logistics but I'm not happy about the risk involved with Ebola.  

The conspiracy part of my mind (yes we all have it and how we control it shows how sane we are Razz ) well...never mind.  No need to go there.

Ebola is dangerous and lethal, but it's not terribly contagious as infectious diseases go.

I listened to an infectious diseases expert on the radio yesterday explaining that the virus is found in high concentrations in infected and sick people's blood, feces, and urine, and in much lower concentrations in other bodily fluids.

So, unless you're in very close contact to a very ill or deceased person, the likelihood of being infected is low.

The dude in Texas was reportedly handling a dying woman before he flew out of Liberia, and lied about it during the screening process.

So calm down, and let's hear about this conspiracy theory of yours ....

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

And the cameraman?

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:And the cameraman?

I have no idea, do you?

My guess is he got too close to a seriously sick person.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal the point is...information, all of it, must be made public. The first comments were regarding spread by direct contact.....person to person by coming in direct contact with bodily fluids of someone with Ebola.

Slowly and only by a few it is being broadcast..... Ebola can live outside of the body. .....all the information must be given.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:.... Ebola can live outside of the body. .....

Yes, it can live outside the body for hours ....

.... if it's in a pool of blood kept at a constant room temperature ....

.... and, no one has the bright idea to throw some bleach on it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum