Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why all of the hype on this?

+3
gulfbeachbandit
TEOTWAWKI
no stress
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Why all of the hype on this? Empty Why all of the hype on this? 8/29/2012, 9:17 pm

no stress

no stress

http://www.pnj.com/article/20120829/NEWS01/120829005/West-Nile-confirmed-in-Escambia-County?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

More people die annually from the seasonal flu than this yet the media portrays it as a coming epidemic. FML

Last edited by Gunz on 8/30/2012, 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Say didn't the government release a ton of mosquitoes a few months ago?

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Halt all welfare, food stamps, and section 8 housing and use that money to mosquito spray the neighborhoods of working class tax paying people.

no stress

no stress

ghandi wrote:Halt all welfare, food stamps, and section 8 housing and use that money to mosquito spray the neighborhoods of working class tax paying people.

Why all of the hype on this? 37581211

5Why all of the hype on this? Empty Re: Why all of the hype on this? 8/30/2012, 12:15 am

"More people die annually from the common cold"

Back that up please.

Slicef18

Slicef18

BP wrote:"More people die annually from the common cold"

Back that up please.

When one or two Americans die from a single cause, Americans go nuts

When millions of people are killed in a political/military conflicts, little is said as long as the victims have a dark skin.

Many people get the common cold and get over it in a few days. Rarely does someone die from colds.

Compared to colds, few people get West Nile, but a much higher percentage of people die from it. I read one story where a guy was in a wheelchair from it and apparently it can leave you crippled for life. West Nile is some bad shit!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Slicef18 wrote:

Back that up please.

When millions of people are killed in a political/military conflicts, little is said as long as the victims have a dark skin.

Right on Slicer.

Yella

Yella

Slicef18 wrote:

Back that up please.

Americans die and become maimed for life trying to take over the poppy fields of Afghanistan but only a few people complain. Of course we say it is to make a democracy for Afghans most of whom are so ignorant they don't know what a democracy is.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

10Why all of the hype on this? Empty Re: Why all of the hype on this? 8/30/2012, 9:56 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

From Wiki:

Symptoms

West Nile Fever (WNF), which occurs in 20 percent of cases, is a febrile syndrome which causes flu-like symptoms.[5]WNF has an incubation period of two to eight days followed by fever, headache, chills, diaphoresis (excessive sweating), weakness, lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes), drowsiness, pain in the joints and symptoms like those of influenza. Occasionally, some patients experience a short-lived truncal rash or gastrointestinal symptoms, including nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, or diarrhea. Symptoms are generally resolved within seven to 10 days, although fatigue can persist for some weeks and lymphadenopathy up to two months.

West Nile Neuroinvasive Disease, which occurs in less than 1 percent of cases, is when the virus infects the central nervous system resulting in meningitis, encephalitis, meningoencephalitis or poliomyelitis.[6]

The more dangerous encephalitis is characterized by similar early symptoms, but also a decreased level of consciousness, sometimes approaching near-coma. Deep tendon reflexes are hyperactive at first, later diminished. There are also extrapyramidal symptoms. Recovery is marked by a long convalescence with fatigue. One study found that neuroinvasive WNV infection was associated with an increased risk for subsequent kidney disease.[7][8]

More recent outbreaks have resulted in a deeper study of the disease and other, rarer, outcomes have been identified. The spinal cord may be infected, marked by anterior myelitis with or without encephalitis.[9] WNV-associated Guillain-Barré syndrome has been identified[10] and other rare effects include multifocal chorioretinitis (which has 100% specificity for identifying WNV infection in patients with possible WNV encephalitis),[11] hepatitis, myocarditis, nephritis, pancreatitis, and splenomegaly.[12][13][14]

11Why all of the hype on this? Empty Re: Why all of the hype on this? 8/30/2012, 9:58 am

no stress

no stress

Back that up please.

http://www.infowars.com/west-nile-theyre-lying-to-you-again/

Sorry, not the common cold but seasonal flu

12Why all of the hype on this? Empty Re: Why all of the hype on this? 8/30/2012, 10:10 am

I had a neighbor that had Guillian-Bere Syndrome. He was in a hospital for a couple of years and for a year or more the only muscles he could move we're his eyelids. (It wasn't from West Nile.)

He had Guillian-Bere for years, got better, then relapsed back into paralysis for several months, then gained some of his muscle movements back. Apparently, his was a severe form of the disease and most folks don't suffer like he did.

13Why all of the hype on this? Empty Re: Why all of the hype on this? 8/30/2012, 10:12 am

no stress

no stress

the US Centers for Disease Control claims 36,000 people die every year from ordinary seasonal flu—and there are no announcements of an “epidemic” or an “outbreak.”

Never mind that the World Health Organization (WHO) claims between 250,000 and 500,000 people die every year from ordinary seasonal flu—and this isn’t called an “epidemic” or an “outbreak.”

14Why all of the hype on this? Empty Re: Why all of the hype on this? 8/30/2012, 2:48 pm

Slicef18

Slicef18

Yella wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:

Back that up please.

Americans die and become maimed for life trying to take over the poppy fields of Afghanistan but only a few people complain. Of course we say it is to make a democracy for Afghans most of whom are so ignorant they don't know what a democracy is.

I suspect most Afghans would define democracy a society of immoral heathens who worship technology.

15Why all of the hype on this? Empty Re: Why all of the hype on this? 8/30/2012, 2:59 pm

The whole brown comment ANGERS me. Mad

If you want to be upset about brown people, ill give you some brown people to be upset about.

I have sat and cried over these brown people and mentioned it here before and have not seen one of you bleeding heart people for brown people say a damn word.

most likly this disease will find its way here. as we are becoming a 3rd world country and they are releasing genetically modified mosquitos here. we will eventually unleash the beast of all diseases.

16Why all of the hype on this? Empty Re: Why all of the hype on this? 8/30/2012, 3:32 pm

Chrissy8 wrote:most likly this disease (Nodding Disease) will find its way here. as we are becoming a 3rd world country and they are releasing genetically modified mosquitos here.

That's horrible, Chrissy! If it comes over here, you can bet your bippy that the CDC will throw more money at it.

They said that all the kids have Onchocerca volvulus parasites too. Hopefully, they'll find out the mechanism of this disease.

Why all of the hype on this? O_volv10

17Why all of the hype on this? Empty Re: Why all of the hype on this? 8/30/2012, 3:45 pm

Yomama wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:most likly this disease (Nodding Disease) will find its way here. as we are becoming a 3rd world country and they are releasing genetically modified mosquitos here.

That's horrible, Chrissy! If it comes over here, you can bet your bippy that the CDC will throw more money at it.

They said that all the kids have Onchocerca volvulus parasites too. Hopefully, they'll find out the mechanism of this disease.

Why all of the hype on this? O_volv10

OMG i hate worms!!!!!!!!!!! I once saw a jar full of ascaris in college, made me almost puke, and I dont puke easy.

wouldnt it have cost us less money to move the entire villages of people away from these inhabitable areas then to leave them there and to continue to throw money at thier leaders who arnt worth a piece of shit?

Im tired of giving money to stupid assed leaders of countries that keep it for themselves while the peasants get used as lab rats.

18Why all of the hype on this? Empty Re: Why all of the hype on this? 8/30/2012, 6:15 pm

Slicef18

Slicef18

Chrissy8 wrote:The whole brown comment ANGERS me. Mad

If you want to be upset about brown people, ill give you some brown people to be upset about.

I have sat and cried over these brown people and mentioned it here before and have not seen one of you bleeding heart people for brown people say a damn word.

most likly this disease will find its way here. as we are becoming a 3rd world country and they are releasing genetically modified mosquitos here. we will eventually unleash the beast of all diseases.

As much as the whole brown comment ANGERS you. The fact is our country hasn't bomb any white skinned people except Germany who asked for it. The real question should be, "why does it make you so mad?" (a) Because I said it or (B) Because it's true?
Your feelings on this gives some understanding about some peoples feelings about abortion.

19Why all of the hype on this? Empty Re: Why all of the hype on this? 8/30/2012, 6:16 pm

Slicef18

Slicef18

20Why all of the hype on this? Empty Re: Why all of the hype on this? 8/30/2012, 6:26 pm

Slicef18 wrote:

As much as the whole brown comment ANGERS you. The fact is our country hasn't bomb any white skinned people except Germany who asked for it. The real question should be, "why does it make you so mad?" (a) Because I said it or (B) Because it's true?
Your feelings on this gives some understanding about some peoples feelings about abortion.

first off, I whole heartidly do not beleive that we favor going tio war with countries where the skin is darker. Thats just the way it is. Now dont take me the wrong way here because now I am going to have to give some hard cold facts. These countries where we are fighting at are not very civilized. They are living like back hundreds of years ago, maybe thousands.there cultures are way back dated. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay....

You see, we are not fighting in the other civilized countries because there is no need to. Those countries are tending to thier own. There populations are growing as that nations civilization grows.

you look in these non civilized areas and it is wrought with wars, famine, disease, coruption and these people are angry and starving much of the time, they want help, blame and to beat someone ass if they can for makling the siuation worse for them.

Be honest with your self. No one is picking our wars based on skin, its just unfortunate the uncivilized areas have darker skin, not all but most.

21Why all of the hype on this? Empty Re: Why all of the hype on this? 8/31/2012, 2:13 am

Slicef18 wrote:

Did they?

In what way did Germany provoke the United States that the US should have declared war on Germany twice within a fifty year period?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhat-xUQ6dw

Smile

Slicef18

Slicef18

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:

Did they?

In what way did Germany provoke the United States that the US should have declared war on Germany twice within a fifty year period?

*****SMILE*****

Smile

"In what way did Germany provoke the United States that the US should have declared war on Germany twice within a fifty year period?"

1st. The 1917 Zimmermann Telegram was a message from Germany to Mexico, promising Mexico that if it declared war on the United States, Germany would assist Mexico in reacquiring most of the territory it had lost due to the Mexican-American war 1846-1848. The telegram had been intercepted by the British and given to the United States. The newspapers then published it throughout the country. Shortly thereafter, the United States declared war. War was first declared upon Germany, then upon the Austro-Hungarian Empire.

2nd. Hitler despised Roosevelt for his repeated verbal attacks against his Nazi ideology. He also believed that Japan was much stronger than it was, that once it had defeated the United States, it would turn and help Germany defeat Russia. So at 3:30 p.m. (Berlin time) on December 11, the German charge d'affaires in Washington handed American Secretary of State Cordell Hull a copy of the declaration of war. Congress responded in kind.

I believe these woulds be considered valid reasons to make a declaration of war.

23Why all of the hype on this? Empty Re: Why all of the hype on this? 8/31/2012, 8:50 am

Slicef18 wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:

Did they?

*****SMILE*****

Smile

"In what way did Germany provoke the United States that the US should have declared war on Germany twice within a fifty year period?"

1st. The 1917 Zimmermann Telegram was a message from Germany to Mexico, promising Mexico that if it declared war on the United States, Germany would assist Mexico in reacquiring most of the territory it had lost due to the Mexican-American war 1846-1848. The telegram had been intercepted by the British and given to the United States. The newspapers then published it throughout the country. Shortly thereafter, the United States declared war. War was first declared upon Germany, then upon the Austro-Hungarian Empire.

2nd. Hitler despised Roosevelt for his repeated verbal attacks against his Nazi ideology. He also believed that Japan was much stronger than it was, that once it had defeated the United States, it would turn and help Germany defeat Russia. So at 3:30 p.m. (Berlin time) on December 11, the German charge d'affaires in Washington handed American Secretary of State Cordell Hull a copy of the declaration of war. Congress responded in kind.

I believe these woulds be considered valid reasons to make a declaration of war.

Can you give us some examples of where white people in countries threatened us and we didnt go to war because they were white?

Because from where I stand, your pretty much ignoring my reply. And I know my reply was a hot potato and can get messy, but Im trying to be honest in order to open honest dialog up about your comment about americas preference to attack brown people. Because I dont see it that way.

Thanks

24Why all of the hype on this? Empty Re: Why all of the hype on this? 8/31/2012, 8:59 am

2seaoat

West Nile is the real deal. I saw a young healthy 26 year old woman who is a cpa get bit by a mosquito and contract the disease in a suburb where you would never think disease could be spread by mosquitoes. It is a tragedy that this beautiful young girl will spend the rest of her life in a wheelchair. She is a fighter and she has modified a van which allows her to drive herself to her accounting job, and she has purchased a house which is handicap accessible. We Americans feel sometimes we are bulletproof from the realities of third world countries.....this woman was struck down in the prime of her life by a mosquito.....West Nile is nasty.....it is here.....it is the real deal.

I did learn something today.....that we had no reason to be in the 2nd world war and that Germany was the victim of our poor choices. I heard that the floods in Iowa in 2008 resulted in a modified mosquito which bites people and causes delusions and poor music selections which often take days to recover. In some very rare cases it may actually be a permanent condition.

Slicef18

Slicef18

Chrissy8 wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:

Did they?

*****SMILE*****

Smile

Can you give us some examples of where white people in countries threatened us and we didnt go to war because they were white?

Because from where I stand, your pretty much ignoring my reply. And I know my reply was a hot potato and can get messy, but Im trying to be honest in order to open honest dialog up about your comment about americas preference to attack brown people. Because I dont see it that way.

Thanks

First, I answered your previous question.

Second, your comment, " I know my reply was a hot potato and can get messy" shows an intent to make the issue difficult to discuss on an adult level.

Third, This can be answered very easily by your listing any nation of white skin people that America has declared war against.

Fourth, I don't play these games.

Good day

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum