Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Plot to attack subways in the U.S. and Paris

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Associated Press | Sep 25, 2014 | by Zeina Karam

NEW YORK — Iraq's prime minister said Thursday that captive Islamic State militants told his intelligence agents of an alleged plot to attack subways in the United States and Paris.
There was no immediate comment from Washington or France. A half-dozen French officials contacted by The Associated Press said they knew of no plot.
Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi said he was told of the purported plot by officials in Baghdad, and that it was the work of foreign fighters who had joined the Islamic State group in Iraqi, including French and U.S. nationals.
Asked if the attacks were imminent, he said, "I'm not sure." Asked if the attacks had been thwarted, he said, "No, it has not been disrupted yet... this is a network."
"Today, while I'm here I'm receiving accurate reports from Baghdad that there were arrests of a few elements and there were networks from inside Iraq to have attacks ... on metros of Paris and U.S.," al-Abadi said, speaking in English. "They are not Iraqis. Some of them are French, some of them are Americans. But they are in Iraq."

Markle

Markle

There was also no mention that the plots had been stopped. We're going to see more and more of this problem. Semi-retired President Barack Hussein Obama hid on the links while the world when to heck in a hand basket. Now he has not a clue what to do, he is befuddled and his pride and arrogance prevents him from soliciting council.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum