Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jack Ma, founder of Alibaba proponent of Reaganomics

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jack Ma, second left, founder of Alibaba, raises a ceremonial mallet before striking a bell during the company’s IPO at the New York Stock Exchange, Friday, Sept. 19, 2014 in New York. The stock is expected to start trading Friday under the ticker “BABA.” (AP Photo/Mark Lennihan)

In a recent interview, Ma talked about how it’s his job to make money and help other people make money.

“After I’m a 50 years old, which is today 50 years old, I will spending money trying to making sure more people get rich, because you cannot spend all the money, right? So, my job is spending money, helping others,” he said.

“This is unreal! We have a ChiCom guy talking about the benefits, the fun, the happiness, the worthwhile of getting rich — and in this country, what’s going on?” Limbaugh responded. “The rich are hated and despised. Well, except for Zuckerberg and Buffett and Gates, and the Kennedys. Everywhere else the rich are despised. They’re suspects. They’re accused offing be criminals. And here’s this guy, Jack Ma, talking about Reaganomics!”

Limbaugh argued that Ma, whether he knew it or not, described “trickle-down” economics.

“I guarantee you, when he says help people get rich, he doesn’t mean welfare. When he says he gonna spend money to make people rich, it means he’s gonna hire them, and he’s gonna build up businesses where they work so that their productivity will lead to raises and maybe good careers,” Limbaugh added.

The radio host expressed his frustration that a Chinese businessman is preaching a pro-capitalist message while “the exact opposite kind of talk is occurring in this country.”

“Wake up,” he said. “Well, you people are awake. But I mean we’ve got gazillions of people in a daze, just asleep. Maybe in a way you can’t blame ‘em. They’re pounded every day. They’re literally hit over the head every day about how rotten it is in this country and how there is no future.”

Listen to the segment via the Daily Rushbo: Full Article and Video --> http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/09/19/rush-limbaugh-stunned-at-hearing-what-richest-man-in-china-is-saying-about-business-wealth-this-is-unreal/

He's a rich guy who wants to take his wealth and make more rich people

knothead

knothead

http://useconomy.about.com/od/Politics/p/Reaganomics.htm

The only winners of the Reaganomics model are the top earners in society while the remainder wait for a trickle down that never materializes . . . in short it does not work!

In short it gave way to the prosperity enjoyed by the time Clinton was in office

2seaoat

In short it gave way to the prosperity enjoyed by the time Clinton was in office

I used to believe the same. I was wrong. I used to believe in Santa Claus. I was wrong. Trickle down never happened and the disparity in this country is not healthy for a democracy. If the communist had invaded and won half the country, It probably would have caused less damage to this nation.

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:http://useconomy.about.com/od/Politics/p/Reaganomics.htm

The only winners of the Reaganomics model are the top earners in society while the remainder wait for a trickle down that never materializes . . . in short it does not work!

Too bad for you that it did work and we can see how well Obamanomics is working. The middle income workers income has dropped every year since semi-retired President Barack Hussein Obama took office.

Two decades of economic growth followed the work done by President Ronald Reagan.

But, enjoy your comfy chaise lounge as you float on down the DE NILE river.
Jack Ma, founder of Alibaba proponent of Reaganomics RaftingRiver-1

knothead

knothead

Markle wrote:

Too bad for you that it did work and we can see how well Obamanomics is working.  The middle income workers income has dropped every year since semi-retired President Barack Hussein Obama took office.

Two decades of economic growth followed the work done by President Ronald Reagan.

There were some successes associated but the results are mixed. Cutting the tax rates so dramatically have been the single worse policy decision in decades.

From the article: Reagan's tax cuts did end the recession. However, government spending wasn't lowered, just shifted from domestic programs to defense. The result? The Federal debt almost tripled, from $997 billion in 1981 to $2.857 trillion in 1989. (Source: Library of Economics and Liberty.

by 2seaoat Today at 2:54 pm

I used to believe the same. I was wrong. I used to believe in Santa Claus. I was wrong. Trickle down never happened and the disparity in this country is not healthy for a democracy. If the communist had invaded and won half the country, It probably would have caused less damage to this nation.
----
It worked very well and people weren't sucking off the teat of the Feds like they are now.... Probably hopeless to ever get off

Anyhow Mr Offtask,

Jack Ma is going to use his wealth to help others do the same. How many liberals in this country can say
The
Same?

If reagan tax cuts ended the recession by putting more dollars in private pockets... increasing the debt.

How is the obama strategy of raising taxes, bailing out corps, boondoggle ventures, and printing trillions...

while still increasing the debt any better? Given a choice... which would you honestly choose?

knothead

knothead

Th Dude wrote:If reagan tax cuts ended the recession by putting more dollars in private pockets... increasing the debt.

How is the obama strategy of raising taxes, bailing out corps, boondoggle ventures, and printing trillions...

while still increasing the debt any better? Given a choice... which would you honestly choose?

Personally, I would abandon both strategies and urge a return to the tax rates during the Clinton years for a start. Medicare should be taxed farther up the income scale as well. Costs continue to escalate but conservatives' penchant to decry taxes as a bad thing is biting us all in the butt.

knothead wrote:
Th Dude wrote:If reagan tax cuts ended the recession by putting more dollars in private pockets... increasing the debt.

Personally, I would abandon both strategies and urge a return to the tax rates during the Clinton years for a start. Medicare should be taxed farther up the income scale as well. Costs continue to escalate but conservatives' penchant to decry taxes as a bad thing is biting us all in the butt.

I like the first part of your answer. I recognized the folly in many of the interventions during the bush/clinton dot com recession. Not so much the tax cuts... as revenues rose after a year or two of stability... but the fed interest rates he allowed.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Alibaba is amazing. It gives the small guys access to economies of scale.

"Hey, I need 20,000 shoelaces." No problem..contact Alibaba.

The cool thing is that the good vendors will send you a sample before you lay out a bunch of cash.

P.S. do not trade the stock unless you are day trading.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:In short it gave way to the prosperity enjoyed by the time Clinton was in office

Reagan tripled the national debt. Write that on the board 100 times.

Jack Ma, founder of Alibaba proponent of Reaganomics Ndbp

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:
Markle wrote:

Too bad for you that it did work and we can see how well Obamanomics is working.  The middle income workers income has dropped every year since semi-retired President Barack Hussein Obama took office.

There were some successes associated but the results are mixed.  Cutting the tax rates so dramatically have been the single worse policy decision in decades.

From the article: Reagan's tax cuts did end the recession. However, government spending wasn't lowered, just shifted from domestic programs to defense. The result? The Federal debt almost tripled, from $997 billion in 1981 to $2.857 trillion in 1989. (Source: Library of Economics and Liberty.  

As you know, the Democratic Congress reneged on cutting costs after they agreed with President Reagan to cut taxes.  Those tax cuts brought us out of the recession, worse than this one, that was handed to him my the now grateful President Jimmy Carter.

Debt when semi-retired President Barack Hussein Obama took office $10 TRILLION, in only SIX YEARS...$17.8 TRILLION.  With scores of tax increases.

Keep up the good work!

Isn't cute how you can use percentages?

Go from $1.00 to $2.00 and you have a 200% increase. Go from $1,000,000 to $3,000,000 and you have a 300% increase. I am so impressed!

Floridatexan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:In short it gave way to the prosperity enjoyed by the time Clinton was in office

Reagan tripled the national debt. Write that on the board 100 times.

Jack Ma, founder of Alibaba proponent of Reaganomics Ndbp

Why stop there? And since when is a 189% increase a tripling? I'm not surprised by govt or progressive math anymore.

Just askin.

knothead

knothead

Give it up . . . . REAGANOMICS DOES NOT WORK . . . . .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum