Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ISM non-manufacturing index reports "extending acceleration" and comes in near the top of economists expectations

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=461326&cust=mam&year=2014&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

The ISM's non-manufacturing sample is reporting extending acceleration in composite activity with the index rising 0.9 points to 59.6 from an already very strong 58.7 in July. The August reading is near the top end of the Econoday consensus.

The gain is led by the business index which rose 2.6 points to 65.0 in a reading that indicates exceptionally strong output. Employment is also a big plus, up 1.1 points to 57.1. This gain may offset to a small degree this morning's weakness in ADP's estimate for Friday's jobs report.

One reading is not so positive and that's new orders. Though coming in at 63.8, the rate of growth is down 1.1 points from July's 64.9. Other readings include a slowing for supplier deliveries which is in line with the general rise in activity. Pressures on input prices slowed 3.2 points to 57.7 which is moderate for this reading.

The Dow is holding at opening highs following this report, one that points to a rising contribution from the non-manufacturing sector.

boards of FL

boards of FL

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bad news, right?

I'm one of the ones making over 23% less in take home income. It sucks

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:I'm one of the ones making over 23% less in take home income. It sucks

This will be the 4th time this has been posted for you:

Part time private sector jobs (data from bls.gov):

The ACA was signed into law in March 2010: 27,497,000 part time jobs

Most recent measure of July 2014: 27,173,000 part time jobs

The US economy has shed 324,000 part time jobs since the the ACA was signed into law.

Total private sector jobs (data from bls.gov):

The ACA was signed into law in March 2010: 107,300,000 private sector jobs

Most recent measure of July 2014: 117,082,000 private sector jobs

The US economy has added 9,782,000 private sector jobs since the ACA was signed in to law.

Average weekly hours of private sector employees (data from bls.gov):

The ACA was signed into law in March 2010: 33.3 hours

Most recent measure of July 2014: 33.7 hours

The average work week has increased from 33.3 to 33.7 hours since the ACA was signed into law.

Average weekly earnings (data from bls.gov):

The ACA was signed into law in March 2010: $763.98

Most recent measure of July 2014: $843.53

Average weekly earnings have increased from $763.98 to $843.53 since the ACA was signed into law.

So let me dumb all of this down for you, PACEDOG.  Since the ACA was signed into law we have seen the economy shed roughly 300,000 part time jobs.  We have seen the economy add nearly 10,000,000 private sector jobs over that same time frame.  We have also seen the average work week increase from 33.3 hours to 33.7 hours.  And, finally, we have seen average weekly earnings increase from $763.98 to $843.53.

All of this data is available at www.bls.gov.

Hey guess what ????folks are still making 23 percent less than per recession wages. When income returns to that level, we will have a recovery. Nobody cares about cheap insurance when they can't afford the necessities.

We have also seen the average work week increase from 33.3 hours to 33.7 hours. And, finally, we have seen average weekly earnings increase from $763.98 to $843.53.
-----
Still 23
Percent less than pre-recession wages

boards of FL

boards of FL

Weekly earnings in January 2008: 734.90

Weekly earnings in August 2014: 846.29

Change in weekly earnings since pre-recession times: +15%

Dumbed down for PACEDOG, wages today are 15% higher than pre-recession wages.

This data comes from www.bls.gov

boards of FL

boards of FL

ISM non-manufacturing index reports "extending acceleration" and comes in near the top of economists expectations CBSX0WA

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum