Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

COWH can't send reps to funeral for General, but can send them to Michael Brown's funeral

+5
knothead
Markle
Joanimaroni
ZVUGKTUBM
Floridatexan
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

More hypocrisy from the O

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/us/white-house-cant-make-generals-funeral-guess-whos-funeral-theyre-attending

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Secretary of Defense Hagel was at the funeral.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Floridatexan wrote:

You already pointed this out last week. If the President HAD attended, the wingnuts would be spinning it to say he only did it for political purposes. They would have complained that it was proper protocol for the SECDEF to attend this general's funeral, so why did the President see fit to attend (I mean, didn't he have more pressing issues running the country?).

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Floridatexan wrote:

Maj. Gen. Harold Greene receives full burial honors at Arlington
http://www.stripes.com/maj-gen-harold-greene-receives-full-burial-honors-at-arlington-1.298353

"....Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel attended and met with the family...."

Does the Stars and Stripes tell lies? Or, is PaceDog's source lying?

Yep.....got me this time....just looked it up

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

It is shameful golf is more important to Obama.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Joanimaroni wrote:It is shameful golf is more important to Obama.

Would attending the funeral have garnered the President less criticism from his political opponents? Be honest.....

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Would attending the funeral have garnered the President less criticism from his political opponents? Be honest.....

Probably not but not attending has certainly made him look like a schmuck. Especially, the fact he was golfing.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

You already pointed this out last week. If the President HAD attended, the wingnuts would be spinning it to say he only did it for political purposes. They would have complained that it was proper protocol for the SECDEF to attend this general's funeral, so why did the President see fit to attend (I mean, didn't he have more pressing issues running the country?).

Obviously he didn't have more pressing issues.  He was out on the golf course.

He has QUIT running the country.  All he really likes is all the perks, the running part really turned out to be HARD poor baby.  He thought it would be like running an ACORN meeting.

Last edited by Markle on 8/24/2014, 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

COWH can't send reps to funeral for General, but can send them to Michael Brown's funeral Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTN5EJo59BbKQwGiPNGL475VI0Hn-jFxPRe8cdHrtq86_nc3iUdQQ

He wouldn't be criticized for not attending the funeral of a general killed in the line of duty... So yes there would be less criticism.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fWyzwo1xg0

Smile 

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

....So yes there would be less criticism.

Highly doubtful........

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:....So yes there would be less criticism.

Highly doubtful........

Probably not any less but perhaps not more.

Our semi-retired President has shown disrespect and ignorance about customs and traditions around the world. Showing real respect would be out of character for him.

Last edited by Markle on 8/24/2014, 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

knothead

knothead

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:....So yes there would be less criticism.

Highly doubtful........

I call bull caca . . . . he gets criticized whatever he does or does not do so
FUCK IT!!! I hope that's his attitude . . .

2seaoat

It is shameful golf is more important to Obama.

The President is taking less time than those before him for personal vacation days, and I believe a healthy and happy President is more important than the theatrics some want on this forum......the President with strings and painted black face with a banjo dancing as folks pull his strings......or he can be a free man and leader of the free world and do as he pleases.......gosh..anybody see the problem.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Thankfully, this President does not answer to the Markles of this world....... !!

2seaoat

Thankfully, this President does not answer to the Markles of this world....... !!

Heck, I doubt Mr. Markle has ever been an employer, but at least it makes him feel good when he can dictate how the President should spend his vacation time.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Thankfully, this President does not answer to the Markles of this world....... !!

Heck, I doubt Mr. Markle has ever been an employer, but at least it makes him feel good when he can dictate how the President should spend his vacation time.

I really don't see how Markle being an employer has anything to do with President Obama not attending the funeral of a high ranking general killed in the line of duty. He chose to play golf.

As for your remarks about race...you are the only one singing that song. It is not about race, it's about the Commander in Chief 's failure to attend the funeral of Major General Greene.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

But, he was only a two-star general. I visited the Pentagon a couple of times when I was stationed at Quantico, and an officer told me that unless you had at least three stars, you were a nobody in that building.

The Marines would not have made a big-deal of General Greene's death. They would have ordered flags flown at half-mast at bases, something they always did when a general officer passed away.

Having the SECDEF attend the funeral and speak to the family was more than enough, and likely followed protocol. He was only a two star, but he was the highest ranking officer killed in the line of duty during the GWOT. Likely, someone from the President's staff made sure Secretary Hagel was available to represent the administration.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:But, he was only a two-star general. I visited the Pentagon a couple of times when I was stationed at Quantico, and an officer told me that unless you had at least three stars, you were a nobody in that building.

The Marines would not have made a big-deal of General Greene's death. They would have ordered flags flown at half-mast at bases, something they always did when a general officer passed away.

Having the SECDEF attend the funeral and speak to the family was more than enough, and likely followed protocol. He was only a two star, but he was the highest ranking officer killed in the line of duty during the GWOT. Likely, someone from the President's staff made sure Secretary Hagel was available to represent the administration.

COWH can't send reps to funeral for General, but can send them to Michael Brown's funeral Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjbtGiq8CnGEF5erm5jS0mrcgcR-WFgzgrorJ8vjJgQ60G41zc

He was still a high ranking officer killed in the line of duty and not sitting on his dairy in the Pentagon.

How often does that happen? Not very...

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5X_Dd_6Czk

Smile 

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Thankfully, this President does not answer to the Markles of this world....... !!

Right, he's doing so well with the brilliant advisors he has today. Could the world and America be in much worse shape?

Did you see where a Chinese fighter jet did a barrel roll over an American reconnaissance jet? Yeah, our semi-retired President's policy of leading from behind seems to be working so well.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Damaged Eagle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:But, he was only a two-star general. I visited the Pentagon a couple of times when I was stationed at Quantico, and an officer told me that unless you had at least three stars, you were a nobody in that building.

COWH can't send reps to funeral for General, but can send them to Michael Brown's funeral Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjbtGiq8CnGEF5erm5jS0mrcgcR-WFgzgrorJ8vjJgQ60G41zc

He was still a high ranking officer killed in the line of duty and not sitting on his dairy in the Pentagon.

How often does that happen? Not very...

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5X_Dd_6Czk

Smile 

cheers 

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote: But, he was only a two-star general. I visited the Pentagon a couple of times when I was stationed at Quantico, and an officer told me that unless you had at least three stars, you were a nobody in that building.

"In that building" might well be true. However General Greene was not IN THAT BUILDING, he was on the war front, in Afghanistan and was killed on duty by a TERRORIST.

That makes a HUGE difference.

2seaoat

As for your remarks about race...you are the only one singing that song. It is not about race, it's about the Commander in Chief 's failure to attend the funeral of Major General Greene.

Nothing to do with race at all......just like when he went to Abe Lincoln national cemetery and was raked over the coals for not attending Arlington's ceremonies at the monument for the unknown soldier.....my recollection it was the same folks who are criticizing him now......until it was shown how many times he had gone to Arlington during his presidency and how other Presidents NEVER went. Race has nothing to do with it and the usual suspects are always cheering the shooter of a black kid.....nothing at all to do with it. I play poker....actually pretty well, and my skills at tells are nearing the remarkable...... but a donkey could pick up the tells around here.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:As for your remarks about race...you are the only one singing that song. It is not about race, it's about the Commander in Chief 's failure to attend the funeral of Major General Greene.

Nothing to do with race at all......just like when he went to Abe Lincoln national cemetery and was raked over the coals for not attending Arlington's ceremonies at the monument for the unknown soldier.....my recollection it was the same folks who are criticizing him now......until it was shown how many times he had gone to Arlington during his presidency and how other Presidents NEVER went.   Race has nothing to do with it and the usual suspects are always cheering the shooter of a black kid.....nothing at all to do with it.  I play poker....actually pretty well, and my skills at tells are nearing the remarkable...... but a donkey could pick up the tells around here.

COWH can't send reps to funeral for General, but can send them to Michael Brown's funeral Laughi44

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:As for your remarks about race...you are the only one singing that song. It is not about race, it's about the Commander in Chief 's failure to attend the funeral of Major General Greene.

Nothing to do with race at all......just like when he went to Abe Lincoln national cemetery and was raked over the coals for not attending Arlington's ceremonies at the monument for the unknown soldier.....my recollection it was the same folks who are criticizing him now......until it was shown how many times he had gone to Arlington during his presidency and how other Presidents NEVER went.   Race has nothing to do with it and the usual suspects are always cheering the shooter of a black kid.....nothing at all to do with it.  I play poker....actually pretty well, and my skills at tells are nearing the remarkable...... but a donkey could pick up the tells around here.

Whatever Seaoat......this is not about a black kid getting shot; no one is cheering the shooter of a black kid. Are you cheering the black officer in Utah for shooting a white kid?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum