Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brown beat cop

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Brown beat cop Empty Brown beat cop 8/20/2014, 8:29 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/20/missouri-cop-was-badly-beaten-before-shooting-michael-brown-says-source/

Policeman was beaten quite harshly by Brown

2Brown beat cop Empty Re: Brown beat cop 8/20/2014, 9:38 pm

2seaoat

Policeman was beaten quite harshly by Brown

I saw the video after the shooting of the officer.....he looked fit as a fiddle, and not a scratch on him, nor was anybody laying him down and examining him for injuries. Was it reasonable to use deadly force against an unarmed man is the ONLY relevant question. The officers state of mind, and what constituted a threat to his life or the public which made him use that deadly force.

3Brown beat cop Empty Re: Brown beat cop 8/20/2014, 9:41 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Policeman was beaten quite harshly by Brown

I saw the video after the shooting of the officer.....he looked fit as a fiddle, and not a scratch on him, nor was anybody laying him down and examining him for injuries.   Was it reasonable to use deadly force against an unarmed man is the ONLY relevant question.  The officers state of mind, and what constituted a threat to his life or the public which made him use that deadly force.

Sounds familiar.....remember your thoughts about Zimmerman?

4Brown beat cop Empty Re: Brown beat cop 8/20/2014, 10:01 pm

2seaoat

Yes, I got my indictment and a fair trial. The difference from the Zimmerman trial is the officer's story will have to stand up to eye witnesses......so any alleged injuries will be framed and sequenced. Cannot wait until the trial.....that is all I ever want.

5Brown beat cop Empty Re: Brown beat cop 8/20/2014, 10:28 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The Zimmerman trial was tainted by the jury instructions, in accordance with the "stand your ground" law. He has since shown himself to be a cop wannabe with little or no regard for his fellow man...or woman. I don't believe the trial was fair; I cried when the verdict was read.

6Brown beat cop Empty Re: Brown beat cop 8/20/2014, 11:29 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
The Zimmerman trial was tainted by the jury instructions, in accordance with the "stand your ground" law.  He has since shown himself to be a cop wannabe with little or no regard for his fellow man...or woman.  I don't believe the trial was fair; I cried when the verdict was read.  

Defense and prosecution agreed it WAS NOT a stand your ground case.

Seaoat could not get that fact clear.

7Brown beat cop Empty Re: Brown beat cop 8/20/2014, 11:48 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Joanimaroni wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
The Zimmerman trial was tainted by the jury instructions, in accordance with the "stand your ground" law.  He has since shown himself to be a cop wannabe with little or no regard for his fellow man...or woman.  I don't believe the trial was fair; I cried when the verdict was read.  

They never invoked stand your ground, but the language was in the instructions to the jury, whether the law was invoked or not. Seaoat, IMHO, gave too much credit to the judicial process in that case, but he still seemed to be aware that something was amiss in the instructions to the jury, which are also linked to stand your ground. Meanwhile, Zimmerman has shown his true colors, to anyone who has been watching.

8Brown beat cop Empty Re: Brown beat cop 8/21/2014, 6:45 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

They never invoked stand your ground, but the language was in the instructions to the jury, whether the law was invoked or not.  Seaoat, IMHO, gave too much credit to the judicial process in that case, but he still seemed to be aware that something was amiss in the instructions to the jury, which are also linked to stand your ground.  Meanwhile, Zimmerman has shown his true colors, to anyone who has been watching.

Zimmerman's case was self defense.....

9Brown beat cop Empty Re: Brown beat cop 8/21/2014, 8:16 am

by 2seaoat Yesterday at 10:01 pm

Yes, I got my indictment and a fair trial. The difference from the Zimmerman trial is the officer's story will have to stand up to eye witnesses......so any alleged injuries will be framed and sequenced. Cannot wait until the trial.....that is all I ever want.
by Floridatexan Yesterday at 10:28 pm

The Zimmerman trial was tainted by the jury instructions, in accordance with the "stand your ground" law. He has since shown himself to be a cop wannabe with little or no regard for his fellow man...or woman. I don't believe the trial was fair; I cried when the verdict was read.
------
Wrong as usual the stand your ground defense was dropped way before the trial

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum