Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Governor Rick Perry Indicted for Abuse of Power -- Who's surprised?

+4
knothead
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
Wordslinger
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

http://news.yahoo.com/texas-perry-indicted-coercion-veto-threat-224901143.html

What else would you expect from a Tea Party favorite?

This news is going to make Herr Markle and Pacedog DESPERATE!!

lol

Last edited by Wordslinger on 8/15/2014, 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Fix your spelling error in your title, 'Slinger.

Rick Perry was one of poster Markle's favorite picks for the GOP for 2012 early in that election cycle; before Romney took the lead.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

According to that article, Perry was "his state's first indicted governor in nearly a century."

Governor Rick Perry Indicted for Abuse of Power -- Who's surprised? Hmmm10

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

A great many people from Illinois have moved to Texas......they bring with them the contagious disease known to cause current and former governors to suddenly wear stripes and ball and chains.......unfortunately the Illinois folks stay away from Wisconsin as folks in Wisconsin refer to folks from Illinois as FIDS.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Fix your spelling error in your title, 'Slinger.

Rick Perry was one of poster Markle's favorite picks for the GOP for 2012 early in that election cycle; before Romney took the lead.

Thanks for catching the spelling error -- I fixed it.

I'm waiting to see how Herr Markle will blame this on Barack Hussein Obama ...

Looks like a tit for tat political squabble... little more. She got a dui... he wanted her to resign... she refused... he cut funds.

knothead

knothead

I personally have never seen the reason Texans voted this guy into office but that's just my opinion; otherwise, he is simply another GOP empty suit trying like the Dickens to be what they perceive to be what the base demands . . . . no principles have evidenced themselves . . . surely Texas can do better!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dammit, Rick Perry tried to get the drunk public servant in the District Attorney's office to resign. When arrested for a DUI, Rosemary Lehmberg tried to use her position to threaten and intimidate the arresting officers. Perry used his rightful power of veto to prevent funding the District Attorney's office.

The state's Public Integrity Unit operates out of Lehmberg's office.

Didn't Obama instruct the Secretary of Education to with hold federal funding and grants to schools that did not like Michelle's menu? Hmmmmm!

2seaoat

Dammit, Rick Perry tried to get the drunk public servant in the District Attorney's office to resign. When arrested for a DUI, Rosemary Lehmberg tried to use her position to threaten and intimidate the arresting officers. Perry used his rightful power of veto to prevent funding the District Attorney's office.

The state's Public Integrity Unit operates out of Lehmberg's office.

Didn't Obama instruct the Secretary of Education to with hold federal funding and grants to schools that did not like Michelle's menu? Hmmmmm!

An independent special prosecutor was picked. The independent special prosecutor took the evidence, including having aides to the Governor testify to the Grand Jury, and the Grand Jury issued the indictment. I do not think this is political or revenge, as most legal folks never saw this coming in Texas. Apparently, there is more to this story than the politics.

It's politics, plain and simple

2seaoat

It's politics, plain and simple

If they acquit, I agree, but if a jury finds him guilty, there may be more to this story than meets the eye. Apparently, the Grand Jury found probable cause.

A grand jury can indict a ham sandwich... the pre trial motions should be interesting.

2seaoat

A grand jury can indict a ham sandwich.

I agree, but after the 2012 debates I think Rick qualifies.

2seaoat wrote:A grand jury can indict a ham sandwich.

I agree, but after the 2012 debates I think Rick qualifies.

It wouldn't surprise me if he misused powers... but I doubt this was it.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

No matter how it comes out, as it is with Christy, Perry's chances to become the republican candidate for the presidency are finished.

The fight will apparently be between Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz and
Rand Paul.

Bush will not get the support of the far right.

Cruz won't get the support of the republican moderates.

That leaves Rand Paul and Marco Rubio.

And, of course, Sarah Palin, Mike Huckabee, Michelle Bachmann and all the other t-party creeps.

And the rest of us have no one better to vote for than Hillary.

Poor America!!

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/texas-perry-indicted-coercion-veto-threat-224901143.html

What else would you expect from a Tea Party favorite?

This news is going to make Herr Markle and Pacedog DESPERATE!!

lol

Come on Wordslinger, show us what lead up to this clown filing this bogus indictment. We know how scrupulous you are about FACTS and DETAILS.

Come on now, swallow your pride and show us the Progressive who is pressing these charges.

2seaoat

Come on Wordslinger, show us what lead up to this clown filing this bogus indictment. We know how scrupulous you are about FACTS and DETAILS.

Come on now, swallow your pride and show us the Progressive who is pressing these charges.

I know legal concepts are sometimes difficult for you to understand, but this is a very simple legal concept. Any governor has the right to veto a bill. This is unquestioned. However, a governor breaks the law where they attempt to coerce a person who has been legally elected from office by threatening the use of the veto to get that state official to do something which by state constitution or statute they do not have to do. This is simple. He will be found guilty on the lesser two year charge, and will be put on probation. He broke the law in the negotiations, and that is why his staff was testifying to the Grand Jury........a more sophisticated man could have avoided the criminal charges, but Perry just was unable to see the distinction.

As to Progressives initiating the ethics violation. I think it would be fair to say the Not for Profit organization which filed the ethics complaint was a progressive organization, but that is pretty irrelevant. The other governor in the early 1900s who also was indicted and forced out of office made the same sophomoric mistake in regard to getting his way with staff at the University of Texas, and simply made inappropriate threats. Perry is legitimately in trouble here, and after seeing his cognitive abilities, I am certain he still does not understand the distinction of his actions.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Come on Wordslinger, show us what lead up to this clown filing this bogus indictment. We know how scrupulous you are about FACTS and DETAILS.

I know legal concepts are sometimes difficult for you to understand, but this is a very simple legal concept.  Any governor has the right to veto a bill.  This is unquestioned.   However, a governor breaks the law where they attempt to coerce a person who has been legally elected from office by threatening the use of the veto to get that state official to do something which by state constitution or statute they do not have to do.   This is simple.  He will be found guilty on the lesser two year charge, and will be put on probation.  He broke the law in the negotiations, and that is why his staff was testifying to the Grand Jury........a more sophisticated man could have avoided the criminal charges, but Perry just was unable to see the distinction.

As to Progressives initiating the ethics violation.  I think it would be fair to say the Not for Profit organization which filed the ethics complaint was a progressive organization, but that is pretty irrelevant.  The other governor in the early 1900s who also was indicted and forced out of office made the same sophomoric mistake in regard to getting his way with staff at the University of Texas, and simply made inappropriate threats.  Perry is legitimately in trouble here, and after seeing his cognitive abilities, I am certain he still does not understand the distinction of his actions.

So you answer NOTHING for Wordslinger. You both WISH Gov. Perry was in some sort of trouble. Keep up the good work, your desperation is amusing.

2seaoat

So you answer NOTHING for Wordslinger. You both WISH Gov. Perry was in some sort of trouble. Keep up the good work, your desperation is amusing.

I gave you a simple answer for a very simple legal concept. If you believe that what I have given you is nothing, then you appear not to understand the concept and theory of the indictment. I actually liked Gov. Perry. He showed courage and a real caring for illegal immigrants when in the Miami debate he defended some policies which got boos from the crowd. However, he lacks cognitive skills and he made a mistake. His term is up in January, and he will not miss one day of work. He will get brownie points in the nomination process, but in the end he lacks the cognitive skills. Again, nothing really that complex, and I am surprised you would get stirred up about this. He will be convicted.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

With all due respect to whatever he said in the Miami debate, he has not shown support for the refugees crossing the Texas border. It makes me so sad to see my home state destroyed by corruption.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
With all due respect to whatever he said in the Miami debate, he has not shown support for the refugees crossing the Texas border.  It makes me so sad to see my home state destroyed by corruption.  

Please tell us why anyone should show "SUPPORT" for ILLEGAL ALIENS" crossing the Mexican border.

Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
With all due respect to whatever he said in the Miami debate, he has not shown support for the refugees crossing the Texas border.  It makes me so sad to see my home state destroyed by corruption.  

Please tell us why anyone should show "SUPPORT" for ILLEGAL ALIENS" crossing the Mexican border.

Down is up... Bad is good... Less is more... etc. She not capable of an objective opinion... she just parrots what she's fed.

The bad guys are now any that contest border crossings. The rule of law is now bad... and those that break laws are good.

Logic such as that requires conditioning... I'd say she's had more than most.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Down is up... Bad is good... Less is more... etc. She not capable of an objective opinion... she just parrots what she's fed.

The bad guys are now any that contest border crossings. The rule of law is now bad... and those that break laws are good.

No, the bad guys are the ones wanting to refuse minor refugees fleeing violence largely of our own construct. 

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

No, the bad guys are the ones wanting to refuse minor refugees fleeing violence largely of our own construct. 

The cartels are making about $5,000 per minor refugee they traffic to us... why don't you bleeding hearts run buses.

If the situation is as you say the humanitarian thing to do is for the UN to intervene at the source of the issue... right?

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

The cartels are making about $5,000 per minor refugee they traffic to us... why don't you bleeding hearts run buses.

If the situation is as you say the humanitarian thing to do is for the UN to intervene at the source of the issue... right?

You're da man wit da plan. 

Now let's get 'er done and fully fund it. 

Who's wit me?

Hey yoooooooooooo!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum