Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The National Guard should be ordered in to Control Ferguson Police

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Clearly, faced by a peaceful mob of protestors (there was no vandalism or looting last night) who have legally assembled to voice their protest of the murder of Michael Brown by one of Ferguson's 95% white cops, the police, wearing military style combat uniforms and helmets, faced the orderly crowd with armored vehicles and mounted machine guns.

Reporters were illegally arrested.

It was a miracle that hundreds of the peaceful protestors weren't gunned down.

It's time for the Governor to call in the National Guard and reign in Ferguson's out-of-control cops!

http://news.yahoo.com/enough-enough-ferguson-024347216.html

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

More on the chaos in Ferguson . . .

http://news.yahoo.com/scrutiny-police-response-increases-ferguson-055551904.html

gatorfan

I don't think the National Guard is a good idea, they aren't trained for situations like this. Remember Kent State? All it takes is a scared 18 y.o. guardsman popping off a few rounds and the situation will get much worse.

As for cops dressed like soldiers and armored cars what do you expect? They can't anticipate a peaceful situation but based on the past rioting and looting had to be ready for a violent one.

It's a tough situation with no easy answers. The town leadership needs to start putting out some real information on the incident.

The protesters need to stay home before it escalates into something much worse than one shooting.

Won't be an 18 y/o, but it might be Astan and Iraq vets

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

gatorfan wrote:I don't think the National Guard is a good idea, they aren't trained for situations like this. Remember Kent State? All it takes is a scared 18 y.o. guardsman popping off a few rounds and the situation will get much worse.

As for cops dressed like soldiers and armored cars what do you expect? They can't anticipate a peaceful situation but based on the past rioting and looting had to be ready for a violent one.

It's a tough situation with no easy answers. The town leadership needs to start putting out some real information on the incident.

The protesters need to stay home before it escalates into something much worse than one shooting.

You make some good points. What do the police want?

That's easy -- they want a cowed populace of African Americans to go back inside their homes and cease protesting. They want Ferguson's African Americans to accept that white cops have the right to gun down an unarmed black teenager. To protect their uniformed brother, they've refused to interview witnesses and to even release the shooter's name.

What do the people of Ferguson want?

No matter how the cops try to justify the murder of Michael Brown -- the shots fired at him when we was trying to flee -- cannot be justified. One witness claimed that after Brown exited the car the cop followed and shot the teenager in the back. Hit, Brown turned and raised his hands and begged the officer to stop shooting. The cop kept shooting and killed him.

What the people want is an end to out-of-control white cops whose attitude and treatment of Ferguson's black populace has become intolerable.

What the people want is a murder charge brought against the cop who shot down Brown.

What the people want seems more than reasonable and just.

Maybe you're right -- it isn't the National Guard that should be called in to bring order to the chaotic situation. It should be Federal troops, same as were required in Alabama during the civil rights era.

Let's face it, Ferguson's white cops are anything but the good guys in this tragedy.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Won't be an 18 y/o, but it might be Astan and Iraq vets

You have a point. I've changed my position and now want Federal troops to be brought in and establish order in Ferguson.

It clearly appears that the African-Americans of Ferguson aren't the violent threat that Ferguson's cops are.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:

You have a point.  I've changed my position and now want Federal troops to be brought in and establish order in Ferguson.

It clearly appears that the African-Americans of Ferguson aren't the violent threat that Ferguson's cops are.

Hmmmm, despite his denial, here is Wordslinger NOT saying that the COPS ARE A VIOLENT THREAT....

Obviously, here the police are setting fires, pushing anarchy.

The National Guard should be ordered in to Control Ferguson Police Ferguson-Riots_zpsa46b190a

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:

You have a point.  I've changed my position and now want Federal troops to be brought in and establish order in Ferguson.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum