Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Football Predictions

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Football Predictions Empty Football Predictions 8/10/2014, 4:55 pm

2seaoat

NCAA Auburn
NFL Bears

2Football Predictions Empty Re: Football Predictions 8/10/2014, 5:31 pm

I think fsu probably repeats. I'd like to see the lions close the deal this time... I'm not decided on the odds on yet.

3Football Predictions Empty Re: Football Predictions 8/10/2014, 8:09 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

College football starts on August 28th. Great games in the TV lineup. Tim Tebow will be a football analyst with ESPN's SEC network. Can't wait to see him in action.

The four game playoff this season is going to be awesome. My prediction is that the first championship will not go to either end of regular-season #1 or #2 in a shocking turn of events during the playoffs. That is what they are there for, correct?

My only regret is that my father is not here to share the season with. We had some awesome Saturday phone calls during certain games. He lived in California and was a UCLA fan. I live here and am an unashamed Florida fan. I wish I could call him to tell him UCLA's first game this season will be at Virginia. My Dad passed in December of 2012 at age 85.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

4Football Predictions Empty Re: Football Predictions 8/10/2014, 8:28 pm

You can talk down tebow all you want. The kid is a winner. I like johnny football in cleveland too. Screw convention.

I've found an amazing amount of people that compete... but few that believe in themselves. Many scared of winning.

5Football Predictions Empty Re: Football Predictions 8/10/2014, 8:49 pm

knothead

knothead

FSU wins over Oklahoma for 2nd consecutive title.

6Football Predictions Empty Re: Football Predictions 8/10/2014, 9:13 pm

2seaoat

Tim was an excellent college football player. He had too many deficiencies to play in the NFL where people are smarter, bigger, and quicker. He always was a good person. Jay Cutler will have his break out year this year in the NFL, and he was a good Vandy QB in college.....but that didn't mean he was a Heisman candidate like Tim.....he just had more tools for the next level.

7Football Predictions Empty Re: Football Predictions 8/10/2014, 9:29 pm

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Tim was an excellent college football player.  He had too many deficiencies to play in the NFL where people are smarter, bigger, and quicker.   He always was a good person.  Jay Cutler will have his break out year this year in the NFL, and he was a good Vandy QB in college.....but that didn't mean he was a Heisman candidate like Tim.....he just had more tools for the next level.

You well know how it pains be to agree with you but on sports it's not quite as traumatic.

I agree, he had too many deficiencies to compete at the NFL level. He was slow in releasing the ball and lowered the ball well below his shoulders when passing. His leadership abilities made good players around him outstanding and average players perform well above average.

To this day it disgusts me the way the media and announcers of games treated him because of his faith. They relished in ridiculing and denigrating him in every game he played. At the same time, they passed over the players who were wife beaters, guilty of various felonies and even murder.

8Football Predictions Empty Re: Football Predictions 8/10/2014, 10:26 pm

2seaoat

He was a good person, and the media could not shake his faith......wasted effort. He had an amazing career. He will do great on ESPN.

9Football Predictions Empty Re: Football Predictions 8/10/2014, 10:44 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PkrBum wrote:You can talk down tebow all you want. The kid is a winner. I like johnny football in cleveland too. Screw convention.

I've found an amazing amount of people that compete... but few that believe in themselves. Many scared of winning.

I am not talking Tim down. I agree with you that he is an awesome person. I am excited to see him at his new gig. I bet he makes a nice salary, too. Not NFL millions, but still real good. Way bigger than any salary I earned (by several magnitudes....).
 Razz

10Football Predictions Empty Re: Football Predictions 8/11/2014, 9:10 am

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
PkrBum wrote:You can talk down tebow all you want. The kid is a winner. I like johnny football in cleveland too. Screw convention.

I am not talking Tim down. I agree with you that he is an awesome person. I am excited to see him at his new gig. I bet he makes a nice salary, too. Not NFL millions, but still real good. Way bigger than any salary I earned (by several magnitudes....).
 Razz

He ought to be playing. Less than half of the current nfl quarterbacks could win a playoff game in pittsburgh.

11Football Predictions Empty Re: Football Predictions 8/11/2014, 9:16 am

2seaoat

He ought to be playing. Less than half of the current nfl quarterbacks could win a playoff game in pittsburgh.

Tim lacks the skill set to be an NFL QB. This was obvious from day one. I do not know what Pittsburgh has to do with anything, but winning a couple games does not make an NFL QB. Did you forget his QB rating. Dead last.

12Football Predictions Empty Re: Football Predictions 8/11/2014, 9:45 am

2seaoat wrote:He ought to be playing. Less than half of the current nfl quarterbacks could win a playoff game in pittsburgh.

Tim lacks the skill set to be an NFL QB. This was obvious from day one. I do not know what Pittsburgh has to do with anything, but winning a couple games does not make an NFL QB. Did you forget his QB rating. Dead last.

He's a winner... screw qb rating. Just like they relegated flute to canada... the mold doesn't measure the desire to win.

13Football Predictions Empty Re: Football Predictions 8/11/2014, 10:29 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

We will see Ohio state, someone from the PAC12, someone from the SEC, and FSU reach the playoff. Whoever comes out of the SEC will win that.

Seahawks will repeat easily, as they'll have Percey Harvin this time around.

14Football Predictions Empty Re: Football Predictions 8/11/2014, 10:53 am

2seaoat

Seahawks will repeat easily, as they'll have Percey Harvin this time around.

I picked them last year, but this year they have a much tougher schedule, and SF will win that division. They will be at best playing from the wild card position. The tougher schedule will take its toll. The Bears have an unknown on defense, but their offense is certain. They also have an easier schedule even though Detroit will be much better.

15Football Predictions Empty Re: Football Predictions 8/11/2014, 10:57 am

2seaoat

the mold doesn't measure the desire to win.

Yes, and if you want Rudy filled with desire and lacking talent leading your team to the Super Bowl......go for it. I watched Flute play QB for Ditka......disaster. Lacked even cursory skills for the NFL.

16Football Predictions Empty Re: Football Predictions 8/11/2014, 5:27 pm

Go NOLES!!!!!

17Football Predictions Empty Re: Football Predictions 8/11/2014, 5:31 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Go NOLES!!!!!

Ya'll had better hope that Jameis Winston doesn't commit any more petty crimes and just focuses on academics and football.

Hopefully Jimbo Fisher has him on a very short leash.

18Football Predictions Empty Re: Football Predictions 8/14/2014, 8:42 pm

2seaoat

Jacksonville is making the Bears defense look like a high school team....uh oh.

19Football Predictions Empty Re: Football Predictions 8/14/2014, 10:04 pm

knothead

knothead

I gotta join my dear friend Mr. Dawg in predicting FSU taking it all the way!
GO NOLES!!!

20Football Predictions Empty Re: Football Predictions 8/14/2014, 10:56 pm

2seaoat

Either Jacksonville is much improved, or the Bears have a problem on defense.

21Football Predictions Empty Re: Football Predictions 8/15/2014, 1:52 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bortles has looked impressive so far in preseason. I'd rate him at roughly the same level Matt Ryan was when he came in as a rookie, or perhaps even better since Bortles is more mobile.

22Football Predictions Empty Re: Football Predictions 8/15/2014, 1:59 pm

2seaoat

I think Bortles is the real deal. I think some folks who thought Jacksonville is a bye are in for a surprise this year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum