Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ebola

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Ebola - Page 2 Empty Re: Ebola 8/5/2014, 6:53 pm

And you are too lax in your thinking

27Ebola - Page 2 Empty Re: Ebola 8/5/2014, 9:09 pm

dumpcare

I think a lot of poster's are very lax in their thinking on this, no I am not running scared and don't think about it until I read something or come on here. So the two health care worker's are showing improvement from the experimental drugs, does this mean they will be cured? Be a carrier? It has been around for years in Africa, they have treated many more thousand's than anyone has even thought about in the U.S. Until there is a cure if they want to experiment take the drugs over there.

28Ebola - Page 2 Empty Re: Ebola 8/6/2014, 2:11 am

Markle

Markle

From Pigs to Monkeys, Ebola Goes Airborne Nov 21, 2012 | Jane Huston | Research & Policy

The potential of aerogenic infection by Ebola virus was established by using a head-only exposure aerosol system. Virus-containing droplets of 0.8-1.2 microns were generated and administered into the respiratory tract of rhesus monkeys via inhalation. Inhalation of viral doses as low as 400 plaque-forming units of virus caused a rapidly fatal disease in 4-5 days. The illness was clinically identical to that reported for parenteral virus inoculation, except for the occurrence of subcutaneous and venipuncture site bleeding and serosanguineous nasal discharge. Immunocytochemistry revealed cell-associated Ebola virus antigens present in airway epithelium, alveolar pneumocytes, and macrophages in the lung and pulmonary lymph nodes; extracellular antigen was present on mucosal surfaces of the nose, oropharynx and airways. Aggregates of characteristic filamentous virus were present within type I pneumocytes, macrophages, and air spaces of the lung by electron microscopy. Demonstration of fatal aerosol transmission of this virus in monkeys reinforces the importance of taking appropriate precautions to prevent its potential aerosol transmission to humans.

See more at: http://healthmap.org/site/diseasedaily/article/pigs-monkeys-ebola-goes-airborne-112112#sthash.1AcTcUfu.dpuf

Given this information, I still strongly support the transporting of the two Americans to Emory for treatment. For now, we still have the finest health care in the World. They are also working on, what appears to be, a very promising vaccine. It has proven very effective with monkeys.

29Ebola - Page 2 Empty Re: Ebola 8/6/2014, 2:27 am

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:It would appear that there is an abundance of caution being exercised here.

It sounds like people returning from West Africa are being tested routinely.

The good news is that we have the resources and facilities to isolate and treat infectious diseases that are lacking in Africa.

Also, the experimental vaccine that was given to the two Americans reportedly has been very effective.

Keep calm and carry on.

Vaccine's are not used to cure a disease. They are used to prevent.

Yes, they used an experimental treatment first on the Nurse. There was enough of the drug for one treatment and the Doctor passed and said to treat her first.

30Ebola - Page 2 Empty Re: Ebola 8/6/2014, 7:50 am

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:
Sal wrote:It would appear that there is an abundance of caution being exercised here.

The good news is that we have the resources and facilities to isolate and treat infectious diseases that are lacking in Africa.

Also, the experimental vaccine that was given to the two Americans reportedly has been very effective.

Keep calm and carry on.

Vaccine's are not used to cure a disease.  They are used to prevent.

Yes, they used an experimental treatment first on the Nurse.  There was enough of the drug for one treatment and the Doctor passed and said to treat her first.

Some vaccines are effective even after infection.

I had heard the treatment that BOTH Americans received referred to as a post-infection vaccine, but I now understand it is more correctly described as a biotech product (Zmapp).

And, it has appeared to be remarkably effective in BOTH Americans.

31Ebola - Page 2 Empty Re: Ebola 8/6/2014, 9:51 am

Only
Time will tell

32Ebola - Page 2 Empty Re: Ebola 8/6/2014, 5:55 pm

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
Markle wrote:

Keep calm and carry on.

Vaccine's are not used to cure a disease.  They are used to prevent.

Yes, they used an experimental treatment first on the Nurse.  There was enough of the drug for one treatment and the Doctor passed and said to treat her first.

Some vaccines are effective even after infection.

"I had heard"
the treatment that BOTH Americans received referred to as a post-infection vaccine, but I now understand it is more correctly described as a biotech product (Zmapp).

And, it has appeared to be remarkably effective in BOTH Americans.

Confronted with FACTS, cold hard FACTS you just cannot find it possible for you to admit to being wrong can you?

"YOU HAVE HEARD"
...well that's an impeccable source!
Ebola - Page 2 AnimatedLaughterPink

33Ebola - Page 2 Empty Re: Ebola 8/6/2014, 8:47 pm

Sal

Sal

I admitted I was wrong, you insufferable asshole. 

Something you are incapable of, as an insufferable asshole. 

34Ebola - Page 2 Empty Re: Ebola 8/6/2014, 11:19 pm

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:I admitted I was wrong, you insufferable asshole.
Something you are incapable of, as an insufferable asshole. 

Please show us where you admitted you are wrong: "Some vaccines are effective even after infection.

"I had heard" the treatment that BOTH Americans received referred to as a post-infection vaccine, but I now understand it is more correctly described as a biotech product (Zmapp).

And, it has appeared to be remarkably effective in BOTH Americans."

I most certainly have stated when I was wrong but, as you have seen and acknowledge by your childish post, it happens so SELDOM!

35Ebola - Page 2 Empty Re: Ebola 8/7/2014, 3:22 pm

http://savingourfuture.com/2014/08/ebola-outbreak-now-reached-four-continents/

It's affected folks on four continents now....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum