Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

55 to 45 Democratic advantage in the Senate....what happens at midterms

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

The Republicans need to pick up six seats.   They look like they have a no brainer three seat pick up..........can they get the other three seats out of the ten races too close to call now.........what say you.

I say with a strong economy through November, they will only pick up five seats, and as I argued a year ago.....the vice president will be the tie breaker.

Now the Presidential election in November 2016 could be the waterloo of the Republican Party.  There will be 34 seats up for election, and only 10 are now held by Democrats, but 24 are held by Republicans, and many like Kirk in Illinois need a reasonable national presidential campaign which does not marginalize his candidacy.  If the Republicans continue to allow obstructionist and crazies  to block what is best for Americans, they will no longer be a national party.  Their last chance is to take the senate and actually start producing legislation which helps the middle class and not the special interests......but crazy is still controlling the debate......we are watching an air crash where there is probably nothing can be done......the crash is certain.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

But PaceDog told us earlier this year that: "...The pendulum is going to swing back hard...." Too bad the Dog has taken a haitus from the forum so he can address this thread.  I kind of think the GOP is not going to sweep the legislative branch as PD thinks.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

I went through the races......if the economy keeps improving, President Obama will be irrelevant, and the races will be on the merits of the candidates. If we tumble into a recession in the next three months, the Republicans will easily pick up the six seats, but only for two years. The senate is going to go deep into Republican seats in 2016, and if the Republicans only gain five seats, then you could be looking at eight to ten seat advantage in 2016.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum