Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Congratulations to my granddaugter for winning MVP at Pace High!

+4
Floridatexan
no stress
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

It's off to college in Georgia on a baseball scholarship.

Congratulations..!!

It's funny... in all my years of playing sports I had a few nice wins... but when my kids win I get a lump in my throat and even had tears when my oldest made all conference in high school her first year. What saps we become over our kids... lol.

Wow!! Very Good..

2seaoat

My biggest disappointment in having health issues is not being able to watch my grandchildren become adults and have the joy of watching them in sporting events, plays, and figuring out what this is all about. My biggest joy is getting to enjoy them now. Congratulations. My daughter had 11 varsity letters in high school and was a two sport (track and volleyball) in a division one university where she was the captain of the track team, and the joy of sharing her and my son's accomplishments is simply the best experience a parent can have......well other than watching them raise your grandkids.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Congratulations, I know you are very proud.

Thank you all. I am proud of her. They had a big write up about her in the paper. I will miss her when she leaves in Aug.

Congrats! That was a nice article.

It's a wonderful thing to be proud of your grandchildren.  Smile 

Chrissy wrote:Congrats! That was a nice article.

Thanks. Where did you read the article at?

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:Congrats! That was a nice article.

Thanks. Where did you read the article at?

subway

I can understand why you are so proud to share it with us. Its a big deal and I wish your GD much success.  Smile 

Thanks. They did an article in the Santa Rosa Press Register but I couldn't find it. That's why I asked. They have her picture on twitter though.

Dreamsglore wrote:It's off to college in Georgia on a baseball scholarship.

Baseball? Really?

no stress

no stress

Softball..but congrats anyway

Dreamsglore wrote:Yes really.

Few girls exist in Florida that can actually play on the varsity level with boys well enough to make the team much less earn a Div 1A schollie. How about you say SOFTBALL.

We all knew what she meant... still a pretty big damn deal to play any d1 sport.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

She is a top athlete chosen out of all high schools across the country.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Yes really.

Few girls exist in Florida that can actually play on the varsity level with boys well enough to make the team much less earn a Div 1A schollie. How about you say SOFTBALL.

Yes, it was softball and if you teach at PHS you know who she is. She was photographed in the school paper. And she's beautiful too! And smart.Just like her Mama and G'mama. She inherited it. So take that!

2seaoat

Yes, it was softball and if you teach at PHS you know who she is. She was photographed in the school paper. And she's beautiful too! And smart.Just like her Mama and G'mama. She inherited it. So take that!

It simply does not get any better than that for a parent or grandparent.....simple joys in life are the best, and sharing in the success of a child or grandchild is the best.

I haven't seen one iota of it. That would have rated a PNJ article at the least.

2seaoat

I haven't seen one iota of it. That would have rated a PNJ article at the least.

Pace, I sincerely hope your kids excel and you can come here and brag a little bit......geez, its about the kids......take a deep breath, and again nothing would make me happier than you to report your kids have done well at something which you are proud. Start thinking positive....good things will follow.....nothing was accomplished by that post.

No Seaoat, I've coached enough athletes who had D1 schollies to know how they are treated at this high of a level.

It was the Press Gazette and we have the article on Facebook.

Joanimaroni wrote:She is a top athlete chosen out of all high schools across the country.

I don't think it was all across the country. I think it was this area division.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Georgia has a restricted area to pull from?

At any rate, a scholarship from Georgia is fabulous.

I don't really know about all that stuff. It was the High School All Star series. She won for the East and there was a winner for the West.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum