Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

4 year old's body found near Ft. Pickens Monday

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

My kids were really upset about the death of the 4 year old. They were out boating Saturday and assisted in the search using there underwater fish finder equipment.

To me the story just doesn't add up.

http://www.pnj.com/story/news/2014/05/26/bopy-pulled-pensacola-bay/9614209/

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I heard he took off his life jacket and cleaned it and the grandfather handed it back to him to put on and he didn't and fell over board ...what's so unusual ?.. The grandfather was busy guiding the boat thru heavy traffic...

I am sure the grandfather would have rather died in the kids place...

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I heard he took off his life jacket and cleaned it and the grandfather handed it back to him to put on and he didn't and fell over board ...what's so unusual ?.. The grandfather was busy guiding the boat thru heavy traffic...

Most 4 and 5 year old's cannot  put their life jackets on and fasten them without help.

It is also dangerous to take a 4 year old out in a boat on one of the busiest boating weekends alone.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Joanimaroni wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:I heard he took off his life jacket and cleaned it and the grandfather handed it back to him to put on and he didn't and fell over board ...what's so unusual ?.. The grandfather was busy guiding the boat thru heavy traffic...

Most 4 and 5 year old's cannot  put their life jackets on and fasten them without help.

Really a plastic snap isn't all that hard...

4 year old's body found near Ft. Pickens Monday ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bluewatersports.com%2Fshop%2Fmedia%2Fcatalog%2Fproduct%2Fcache%2F1%2Fimage%2F900x%2F9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95%2Fl%2Fj%2Flj2000_3_

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 5/28/2014, 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Agreed. Then the grandfather notched up the speed of the boat knocking the kid overboard. I wouldn't want to live w/ that. He should have made sure the boy had his jacket on.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dreamsglore wrote:Agreed. Then the grandfather notched up the speed of the boat knocking the kid overboard. I wouldn't want to live w/ that. He should have made sure the boy had his jacket on.

Yeah from that point of view it's true..if he gunned the boat and that's why the kid fell off he does have some sleepless nights ahead of him...

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Agreed. Then the grandfather notched up the speed of the boat knocking the kid overboard. I wouldn't want to live w/ that. He should have made sure the boy had his jacket on.

Yeah from that point of view it's true..if he gunned the boat and that's why the kid fell off he does have some sleepless nights ahead of him...

im afraid he has sleepless nights anyway. you ALWAYS make sure the life jacket is secure. you don't leave that in the hands of a 5 year old.

this story made me cry. I feel for the grandfather as well. I don't know how he will live with this.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

4 year old's body found near Ft. Pickens Monday Logan610

That's one hell of a start to flip him out of that boat.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I have avoided this because it makes me feel so sad. Something is not right with this story...grandfather should have secured the vest and kept the boy close to him. Why take off a vest to remove sand? It just doesn't make any sense.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Joanimaroni wrote:4 year old's body found near Ft. Pickens Monday Logan610

Looks like a great kid so full of joy...sad don't cover it....

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
I have avoided this because it makes me feel so sad.  Something is not right with this story...grandfather should have secured the vest and kept the boy close to him.  Why take off a vest to remove sand?  It just doesn't make any sense.

There is more....grandpa was filling in for dad on the every other week- end visits.

If you are going to gun the boat for a fast take off...you damn sure check to see if everyone in the boat is sitting and ready.

Joanimaroni wrote:4 year old's body found near Ft. Pickens Monday Logan610

Was he sitting or standing in that picture? What a beautiful kid. OMG! I'd be in a mental institution.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Looks like he is partially kneeling.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Awful. I can't imagine the pain and aftermath that family will endure.

My Dad and I once had a discussion on how we survived our childhood especially since so many of the safety codes now in place weren't.

We found no answers other than to decide we had just been lucky.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum