Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

5 year olds joining their first baseball team

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I did not feel well enough to leave the car, but I watched my granddaughter and 12 other five year old kids practice this evening.  Generations pass, but that first time kids play baseball......it is constant.  There are the dandelion pickers, the sitters, the chasers, the dancers, the backward throwers, the bat throwers, and a bunch of parents quietly shaking their collective heads thinking in unison......OMG......my kid is a F up.

In five years they will have mastered the game, but for now chasing butterflies in center field is much more appealing than getting the baseball.  Life goes on......and it is a beautiful thing.

Last edited by 2seaoat on 5/7/2014, 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

That's a fun time. 

I miss it. 

But, yelling at 14-year-olds that should know what they're doing by now, is kinda fun too. 

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Love watching, cheering, bench coaching, and ump fussing

4 & 5 year old T ball is wonderful. I love yelling for them to slide into home plate ( even though the ball is somewhere under a pile of 5-6 players)

2seaoat

4 & 5 year old T ball is wonderful. I love yelling for them to slide into home plate ( even though the ball is somewhere under a pile of 5-6 players)

The grouping of five year olds in pursuit of a ball whether it is soccer or baseball is what I always called the "wolf pack" mentality as they pack as tightly as they can and pursue the ball with the usual collisions and miscues......it is a wonderful thing to watch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum