Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are you on the Power List?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Are you on the Power List? Empty Are you on the Power List? 5/7/2014, 4:18 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This year's biggest mover, shaker, and biggest of the big shots...

http://inweekly.net/wordpress/?p=19003

The whole list of 100...

http://inweekly.net/wordpress/?p=19010

2Are you on the Power List? Empty Re: Are you on the Power List? 5/7/2014, 4:28 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Locally, he led the fight against ConocoPhillips over the Agrico Chemical Co. for its contamination of groundwater. The $70 million settlement went to residents who own or have owned property impacted and also set up a medical monitoring program for those still living in the area.

He'll always be Power of the Year to me. He netted me almost 30 grand on that swindle. lol

3Are you on the Power List? Empty Re: Are you on the Power List? 5/7/2014, 4:31 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But that doesn't tell the whole story. After Pap and Fred and Kerrigan cleaned up on that one, the new kids on the block, Aylstock, Witkins, and Overcrease came along later and found a bunch more money Pap had left on the table. They got the courts to include a whole new neighborhood and got my girlfriend another 3 grand. lol

4Are you on the Power List? Empty Re: Are you on the Power List? 5/7/2014, 4:57 pm

Whoa!!!   I did not see my favorite beer/booze seller  on the list.   Did I just miss it?  

I see where Seaoats made it...

5Are you on the Power List? Empty Re: Are you on the Power List? 5/7/2014, 6:34 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote:Whoa!!!   I did not see my favorite beer/booze seller  on the list.   Did I just miss it?  

I see where Seaoats made it...

Are you talking about Quint? If so it's kinda strange. I learned about this by picking up the printed version of the paper. The cover story features the top 7 or 8 bigwigs and Quint is one of those.
But the web version doesn't include that.

6Are you on the Power List? Empty Re: Are you on the Power List? 5/7/2014, 6:39 pm

Close enough, I guess. Folks have to share the power.

8 Rishy Studer, Co-owner, Bodacious Olive and Pensacola Blue Wahoos

7Are you on the Power List? Empty Re: Are you on the Power List? 5/7/2014, 6:58 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:Locally, he led the fight against ConocoPhillips over the Agrico Chemical Co. for its contamination of groundwater. The $70 million settlement went to residents who own or have owned property impacted and also set up a medical monitoring program for those still living in the area.

He'll always be Power of the Year to me.  He netted me almost 30 grand on that swindle.  lol

Swindle it was. I had opportunity to review the groundwater Remedial Investigation Report for the Escambia Woodtreating Site for the County in 2005. That groundwater plume had mixed with the Agrico Plume by that time, and by no means was it the monster that the activists and complicit newspaper reporters made it out to be.

Back in the 2005 time frame, I was doing near weekly email beat-downs of then PNJ Executive Editor Randy Hammer, and his slimey environmental reporter, Scott Streater (who was hardly qualified to write about anything on the environment). Those two and the activists had to be in cahoots with the lawyer to pull the wool over the eyes of this community the way they did it.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

8Are you on the Power List? Empty Re: Are you on the Power List? 5/7/2014, 7:02 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

On that list of 100, I wonder how many are regular advertisers in the IN Weekly?

I would not call Dee Dee Davis a mover and shaker in Pensacola......

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

9Are you on the Power List? Empty Re: Are you on the Power List? 5/7/2014, 7:40 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Swindle it was. I had opportunity to review the groundwater Remedial Investigation Report for the Escambia Woodtreating Site for the County in 2005. That groundwater plume had mixed with the Agrico Plume by that time, and by no means was it the monster that the activists and complicit newspaper reporters made it out to be.

Back in the 2005 time frame, I was doing near weekly email beat-downs of then PNJ Executive Editor Randy Hammer, and his slimey environmental reporter, Scott Streater (who was hardly qualified to write about anything on the environment). Those two and the activists had to be in cahoots with the lawyer to pull the wool over the eyes of this community the way they did it.[/color]

Besides the legendary tobacco lawsuit,  it's the only other time Levin/Pap has ever teamed with Kerrigan on a mass tort class action that I'm aware of.

As far as how ridiculous it was,  there are two other things to consider,  Z.

1.  The health department doctor (who is on the level) met with all us litigants at the same time and revealed to us that the health risk associated with the pollution is equivalent to smoking about 1 cigarette over the course of a lifetime.  lol

2.  Not one dime of the award was spent to clean up the bayou or the water table.  But 40% of it went into lawyer's pockets.  lol

10Are you on the Power List? Empty Re: Are you on the Power List? 5/7/2014, 7:44 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And please don't get me wrong. Not long ago I heard a great radio program
on the Love Canal incident. That was the real deal. The pollution was over the top, it was killing children left and right, the corporation wouldn't do anything about it, the government wouldn't do anything about it, and if I had been on a jury I would have awarded them all a trillion dollars.
It's just the one I was involved with was a scam.

11Are you on the Power List? Empty Re: Are you on the Power List? 5/7/2014, 7:59 pm

For the Win or is it Wu?

98 Bruce Baldwin, President, Pensacola Blue Wahoos
99 P.C. Wu, Pensacola City Council Member, District 1

12Are you on the Power List? Empty Re: Are you on the Power List? 5/8/2014, 9:02 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Yes. Of course I'm on the list. Why wouldn't I be?

Next question.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum