Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just a thought

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Just a thought Empty Just a thought 4/28/2014, 10:19 am

Some guy that owns a basketball team makes a comment on Race and the entire US gets into a uproar. Do these people speak for all of us? Of course not. While people are screaming at each other, blaming Democrats, Republicans, Progressives, conservatives, etc, the world goes on. Over looked is the White guy with a Black wife shopping in the grocery store, black and white kids playing on a ragged street basketball set up. The list goes on. But this is not news worthy. I guess many people really live in a dark world and love to see hate and the worse of everything.

2Just a thought Empty Re: Just a thought 4/28/2014, 10:27 am

2seaoat

I guess many people really live in a dark world and love to see hate and the worse of everything.

Or......some people are realist and understand in America in 2014 there is politics of hate and a strong desire to use the same to leverage power in America. The battle is real. The battle has consequences. Those who align themselves with evil ALWAYS discount the level of hate, and in fact think people were happy as slaves. Those who cherish justice and equality are offended by injustice and fight to maintain the gains made over the last sixty years so that no American is less than his or her fellow Americans.

3Just a thought Empty Re: Just a thought 4/28/2014, 10:56 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

As Yogi would say,  it's deja vu all over again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marge_Schott

Margaret Unnewehr Schott (August 18, 1928 – March 2, 2004) was the managing general partner, president and CEO of Major League Baseball's Cincinnati Reds franchise from 1984 to 1999. She was the third woman to own a North American major-league team without inheriting it (the first being New York Mets founder Joan Whitney Payson), and the second woman to buy an existing team rather than inheriting it.[1] She is perhaps most well known for her controversial behavior during her tenure as owner of the Reds, which included slurs towards African-Americans, Jews, and the Japanese. She was banned from managing the team by the MLB from 1996 through 1998 due to statements in support of German domestic policies of Nazi party leader Adolf Hitler; shortly afterwards, she sold the majority of her share in the team.

4Just a thought Empty Re: Just a thought 4/28/2014, 11:28 am

You missed the point I was trying to make but as an apologist I expected nothing different. Please continue to be jerked around by the comments of a ass hat and his bimbo. It will make you feel better.

5Just a thought Empty Re: Just a thought 4/28/2014, 11:50 am

2seaoat

Reality without smoke and mirrors has always been more appealing.

6Just a thought Empty Re: Just a thought 4/28/2014, 12:00 pm

Bob has it right. It is just Rassling. Time for someone to be the "Heel" Prime the pump and be the most hated man in the world. Millions and Millions of dollars in publicly and now there will be world wide attention on the NBA. Players will rip of their jerseys and pile them center court. It is fucking great. Soon the evil man will forced out, and truth and righteousness will prevail in the land of the free.

7Just a thought Empty Re: Just a thought 4/28/2014, 12:15 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Mr Ichi wrote:You missed the point I was trying to make but as an apologist I expected nothing different.  Please continue to be jerked around by the comments  of a  ass hat and his bimbo.  It will make you feel better.

An asshole drunk billionaire in a private conversation (secretly beind taped) tells his 20 year old sugar baby , who has prostituted herself for his money, she can sleep with her black friends but she can not bring them to the games and she can not take selfies to post on instagram.

Consider the source......A 3 way money triangle. Now don't get me wrong his comments were disgusting, racist, and dispictable.

8Just a thought Empty Re: Just a thought 4/28/2014, 12:27 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
Mr Ichi wrote:You missed the point I was trying to make but as an apologist I expected nothing different.  Please continue to be jerked around by the comments  of a  ass hat and his bimbo.  It will make you feel better.

An asshole  drunk billionaire in a private conversation (secretly beind taped) tells his 20 year old sugar baby , who has prostituted herself for his money, she can sleep with her black friends but she can not bring them to the games and she can not take selfies to post on instagram.

Consider the source......A 3 way money triangle.  Now don't get me wrong his comments were disgusting, racist, and dispictable.

cheers cheers cheers 
Not one person has said anything about the leak(?) of a private conversation.  Oh, It is OK, "He is a Racist"    Like my Vietnamese friend said when he smart mouthed a cop.  "They told me I could say what ever I wanted, they forgot to tell me they would put my ass in jail if I did."

9Just a thought Empty Re: Just a thought 4/28/2014, 12:32 pm

Smoke and Mirrors. LOL

April 19 -- 2014 NBA Playoffs begin

April 27 -- NBA Draft Early Entry Eligibility Deadline (11:59 p.m. ET)

May 5 -- Conference Semifinals begin (possible move-up to May 3 or 4)

May 20 -- Conference Finals begin (possibly move-up to May 18 or 19)

10Just a thought Empty Re: Just a thought 4/28/2014, 12:41 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote:Bob has it right.  It is just Rassling.  

Rassling is the only pure and honest media we've yet invented.  All the rest of it is a cheap dishonest imitation.

11Just a thought Empty Re: Just a thought 4/28/2014, 12:53 pm

Sal

Sal

Mr Ichi wrote:Smoke and Mirrors.  LOL

April 19 -- 2014 NBA Playoffs begin

April 27 -- NBA Draft Early Entry Eligibility Deadline (11:59 p.m. ET)

May 5 -- Conference Semifinals begin (possible move-up to May 3 or 4)

May 20 -- Conference Finals begin (possibly move-up to May 18 or 19)

Can you clarify your comments a bit?

Are you actually suggesting the NBA orchestrated the release of this tape to coincide with these dates in order to inflate their ratings?

12Just a thought Empty Re: Just a thought 4/28/2014, 2:13 pm

Sal

Sal

OK, here's what I discovered after reading up on this for awhile.

Sterling has been parading openly all around town with his young girlfriend (and other young women).

Sterling's wife sued his young girlfriend for $1.8 million of "gifts" with which Sterling had showered upon her, saying it amounted to "embezzlement".

The young girlfriend has been threatening to get even.

I think the NBA would like nothing more than to see this tawdry affair all go away as quickly as possible.

It's not good for their brand, and it's not good for ratings.

BTW, this is Sterling ....

Just a thought Donste10

.... this is the young girlfriend ....

Just a thought Screen25

.... if he had sex with her, $1.8 million seems a fair price.

If he had sex with her more than once, she's been underpaid.

lol

13Just a thought Empty Re: Just a thought 4/28/2014, 2:35 pm

Just a thought Vxyc1KLqfc1jQ7LUznhZqq6sZMxfUk3wiI4Xw-r2YONM0OlFe8ItgWVox-pl3he3Ww=h900

14Just a thought Empty Re: Just a thought 4/28/2014, 3:00 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

"Starting in 1961, Sterling began to make his career as a divorce and personal injury attorney. Having no chance at working for most prestigious law firms, he built an independent practice and said that he tried 10,000 cases."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Sterling#Career

Why does this not surprise me?  lol

By the way,  markle and pacedog and others now won't be able to defend this character with the usual "sharpton and jackson and the black panthers have slandered this good capitalist" defense.
Why?  Because all tort lawyers are democrats.  lol

15Just a thought Empty Re: Just a thought 4/28/2014, 3:15 pm

As ‘Punishment,’ Clippers Bigot Donald Sterling Could Make $1 Billion

The NBA will likely suspend L.A. Clippers owner over his racist remarks and ‘encourage’ him to sell the team—and it’s not inconceivable the sale will earn him a $988 million profit.

It’s only going to get worse for embattled Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling. On Sunday afternoon, Deadspin released a longer version of everyone’s least-favorite lecherous, reptilian, slumlord billionaire airing his so-called thoughts on race to his (presumably now former) girlfriend, V. Stiviano.

Feel free to listen to more of this poisonous dreck, if you really need to hear how Dodgers outfielder Matt Kemp gets dragged in, some very weird and very wrong ideas about “black Jews,” and, of course, the Holocaust.

Unless the tape in question is somehow proved to be a fabrication of such maliciously doctored skill that it’d make Gennifer Flowers blush, Sterling will receive what has to be the largest fine in National Basketball Association history, be suspended, and then be “encouraged”—à la Marge Schott —to find a nice, non-racist fellow .01 percenter to sell the team to.

But even if the league eventually has this pustulant boil of a man forcibly removed, it’d be perfectly understandable if you were driven to pound nails into the floor with your forehead when you start thinking about the gargantuan pile of ducats that will be his ultimate “punishment.”

Sterling purchased the Clippers in 1981 for a mere $12 million, and Forbes recently estimated the team’s total value at $575 million. But consider the recent purchase price of two relatively moribund franchises, the Sacramento Kings and the Milwaukee Bucks—$550 million and $536 million, respectively, far higher than anticipated. Neither are located in Los Angeles, nor do they boast transcendent stars such as Chris Paul and Blake Griffin. It’s not inconceivable that the price tag Sterling slaps on the Clippers might approach $1 billion.

And he still gets to treat the minorities who live in his housing projects far worse than he ever did the far more famous, basketball-playing people in his employ. Racism pays! Hooray!

If there are still any questions about why Sterling would own a basketball team—and pursue a relationship with a mixed-race woman—Indiana Pacers forward David West unpacked the historical underpinnings of the octogenarian’s behavior perfectly: “Sterling basically articulated Plantation Politics…Make money off the Bucks/Lay with the Women/No Association in Public good or bad.”

If there’s one bright spot in this utterly fecal mess, it’s that the NBA will no longer be able to pretend that the bigoted, ranting, drunk uncle at the family dinner table doesn’t exist.

No one in this disturbing mini-kitchen sink drama ends up looking good. Yes, Stiviano is with him for his money. And yes, it does appear as if she’s trying to bait him into saying something vile so she can record it. That doesn’t change the fact that when Sterling says, “‘If my girl can’t do what I want, I don’t want the girl. I’ll find a girl that will do what I want,” it’s painfully clear that he views her (and his team) as just another possession; a shiny toy that his vast wealth allows him to fondle and treat with a total disregard for their humanity. Indeed, what’s gone relatively unmentioned is that, if the latest five-minute clip is any indication, he’s almost as much of a sexist pig as he is a prejudiced swine.

The Clippers owner has issued a somewhat mealy-mouthed denial, attacking Stiviano’s credibility and stating: “We have heard the tape on TMZ. We do not know if it is legitimate or it has been altered. We do know that the woman on the tape—who we believe released it to TMZ—is the defendant in a lawsuit brought by the Sterling family alleging that she embezzled more than $1.8 million, who told Mr. Sterling that she would ‘get even.’”

Sure, Stiviano’s motives may not be entirely pure. Still, the whole thing is so abhorrent that hardly anyone is waiting for the tape to be verified. Even a historically apolitical figure like Michael Jordan intimated that Sterling needs be kicked out of the league, echoing remarks from LeBron James and even President Obama, who was asked about Sterling in Malaysia:

Related: Michael Tomasky on Donald Sterling and the Neverending Fantasy of ‘Democrat’ Racism

“I don’t think I have to interpret those statements for you—they kind of speak for themselves,” he said. “…When ignorant folks want to advertise their ignorance, you don’t really have to do anything, you just let them talk. That’s what happened here.”

On Saturday night, before the Memphis-Oklahoma City game, NBA Commissioner Adam Silver called Sterling’s drivel, “truly offensive and disturbing” and said the league would conduct a thorough investigation to determine whether the tape was genuine. “We intend to get to the bottom of it as quickly as possible,” he said.

The NBA is expected to bring down the hammer in advance of the next Clippers home game on Tuesday. “There are broad powers in place under the NBA’s constitution and bylaws that include a range of sanctions,” Silver said Saturday. “All of those will be considered depending on the findings of our investigation.”

If there’s one bright spot in this utterly fecal mess, it’s that the NBA will no longer be able to pretend that the bigoted, ranting, drunk uncle at the family dinner table doesn’t exist. It’s time for him to go home now. Permanently.

L’Affaire Sterling is is a terrible black eye for the league, one that at a minimum is on par with the Tim Donaghy scandal and the Ron Artest melee.

Sacramento Mayor and former guard Kevin Johnson is advising the NBA Players’ Association as it formulates a collective response, and during Sunday afternoon’s Clippers-Warriors game he labeled Sterling’s remarks “a defining moment in the history of the NBA.”

So yes, when you add up the profit that Sterling will reap and the damage to the reputation of game as a whole, when this ends, it won’t be in a way that could be considered a win for anyone involved.

It’s not nearly enough, but if nothing else, at least the NAACP won’t be giving Sterling any gold plaques.

And though the Clippers definitely looked out of sorts and understandably distracted Sunday, losing to the Golden State Warriors 118-97, the silent protest they staged before tipoff said far more than a win ever could

16Just a thought Empty Re: Just a thought 4/28/2014, 3:21 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote: it’s not inconceivable the sale will earn him a $988 million profit.

That has to be a typo. Must be $988 thousand.
Because if it's not, he would have to work 12.3 million hours at McDonalds to earn just the profit he'll make off this one sale. And a good fresh Big Mac is worth a lot more to me than anything this dude has ever done.

17Just a thought Empty Re: Just a thought 4/28/2014, 3:49 pm

by Mr Ichi Today at 10:19 am
Some guy that owns a basketball team makes a comment on Race and the entire US gets into a uproar. Do these people speak for all of us? Of course not. While people are screaming at each other, blaming Democrats, Republicans, Progressives, conservatives, etc, the world goes on. Over looked is the White guy with a Black wife shopping in the grocery store, black and white kids playing on a ragged street basketball set up. The list goes on. But this is not news worthy. I guess many people really live in a dark world and love to see hate and the worse of everything.
--------
Well ichi that's pretty insensitive on your part. The guy has a majority of his employees who are African American and making him millions of dollars. He should be crucified if we are crucifying Bundy and others for lesser crimes of hate.

18Just a thought Empty Re: Just a thought 4/28/2014, 3:59 pm

He should be crucified

Go for it...It just might change the world...

19Just a thought Empty Re: Just a thought 4/28/2014, 4:02 pm

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Well ichi that's pretty insensitive on your part. The guy has a majority of his employees who are African American and making him millions of dollars. He should be crucified if we are crucifying Bundy and others for lesser crimes of hate.

He's a registered Repuke.

You better get busy spinning, PeeDawg.

You've got your work cut out for you with this one.

rotflmao

20Just a thought Empty Re: Just a thought 4/28/2014, 4:18 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Something's really odd about this.  How could a personal injury lawyer be a republican.  Never heard of any such thing.

Personal injury lawyers hate corporations.  Republicans love corporations. This is like somebody being a southern baptist and an athiest all at the same time.  My head is spinning.

21Just a thought Empty Re: Just a thought 4/28/2014, 4:24 pm

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2014/04/donald-sterling-republican-democrat-politics-nba-racism

Does it really matter whether racist LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling is a registered Democrat? Or a Republican? Or a member of the Pirate Party of Russia?

Well, according to multiple conservative media outlets, yes, it does matter. On Sunday, National Review ran a blog post originally titled, "Racist Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Is a Democrat." The post breathlessly noted a handful of contributions he made in the early 1990s to Democratic politicians, including California politician Gray Davis and Sen. Bill Bradley, who had played in the NBA. (Sterling has owned his NBA team since the early 1980s.) The headline has since been changed to "Racist Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Has Only Contributed to Democrats," with an update reading, "his official party affiliation is not known." Still, the Donald-Sterling-Is-a-Democrat meme already took hold within right-wing media:

"Report: Clippers Owner Caught In Racist Rant Is A Democratic Donor" — Fox Nation.

"NBA Sterling is a Democrat..." — Matt Drudge.

"Race Hate Spewing Clippers Owner Is Democratic Donor" — the Daily Caller.

"Media Ignoring Dem Donations of LA Clippers' Owner, Allegedly Caught on Tape in Race-Based Rant" — NewsBusters.

"LA Clippers Owner Donald Sterling is a Racist Democrat" — the Tea Party News Network.

Politico piggy-backed on this flood of Sterling-triggered liberal-shaming with a softer headline: "Donald Sterling made donations to Dems."

Not that Sterling's broader political views or party affiliation have much to do with the controversy over his insanely racist comments, but here's a news flash for those conservatives eager to bring up the topic: He's a Republican.

On Sunday, Michael Hiltzik, a Los Angeles Times columnist, tweeted that local voter records show Sterling to be a registered Republican "since 1998." We followed up on that, and a search of the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder's website for Sterling's name, date of birth, and address confirmed that he's registered as a Republican:

22Just a thought Empty Re: Just a thought 4/28/2014, 4:25 pm

Sal

Sal

Whats really funny is that in the span of two weeks we've had Cliven Bundy who the Repukes tried to turn into a folk hero and it turns out he's nothing but a government mooching bigot, and now we have Donald Sterling who the Repukes tried to turn into a Democrat and it turns out he's nothing more than a philandering scumbag registered Repuke bigot.

You can't make this shit up.

23Just a thought Empty Re: Just a thought 4/28/2014, 4:31 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:OK, here's what I discovered after reading up on this for awhile.

Sterling has been parading openly all around town with his young girlfriend (and other young women).

Sterling's wife sued his young girlfriend for $1.8 million of "gifts" with which Sterling had showered upon her, saying it amounted to "embezzlement".

The young girlfriend has been threatening to get even.

I think the NBA would like nothing more than to see this tawdry affair all go away as quickly as possible.

It's not good for their brand, and it's not good for ratings.

BTW, this is Sterling ....

Just a thought Donste10

.... this is the young girlfriend ....

Just a thought Screen25

.... if he had sex with her, $1.8 million seems a fair price.

If he had sex with her more than once, she's been underpaid.

lol

You posted a cleaned up version. She is a skinny tattooed prostitute with a bad tit job.

Just a thought V-stiv11

Perhaps if she wins a settlement she can open a shop and sell tattoo ink.

24Just a thought Empty Re: Just a thought 4/28/2014, 7:37 pm

Breaking News!!!  Paperback book  found in the desk of Los Angeles Clipper owner Donald Sterling. Also found were 2 tickets to WWE rampage and a poster signed by "Mike Foley"
Just a thought 51THTVGW79L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_

25Just a thought Empty Re: Just a thought 4/29/2014, 12:01 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Don't leave out one of the more bizarre facets of this story.
The NAACP named this guy "person of the year" (or something akin to that).
That was in the past.
Before all this latest shit broke, they were about to name him "person of the year" AGAIN. lol
Apparently, he's given big bucks to the NAACP and that bought him the "person of the year" award.

Talk about shit you can't make up. lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum