Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NOT Surprising, WORDSLINGER FAR more concerned about a few racial comments than OUR VETS! A fatal wait: Veterans languish and die on a VA hospital's secret list

+4
Nekochan
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
Markle
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Markle

Markle

VA administration using secret lists to pad their bonus' and promotions.  Who would have known?

A fatal wait: Veterans languish and die on a VA hospital's secret list

AC360

By Scott Bronstein and Drew Griffin, CNN Investigations

updated 9:15 AM EDT, Thu April 24, 2014

(CNN) -- At least 40 U.S. veterans died waiting for appointments at the Phoenix Veterans Affairs Health Care system, many of whom were placed on a secret waiting list.

The secret list was part of an elaborate scheme designed by Veterans Affairs managers in Phoenix who were trying to hide that 1,400 to 1,600 sick veterans were forced to wait months to see a doctor, according to a recently retired top VA doctor and several high-level sources.

For six months, CNN has been reporting on extended delays in health care appointments suffered by veterans across the country and who died while waiting for appointments and care. But the new revelations about the Phoenix VA are perhaps the most disturbing and striking to come to light thus far.

Internal e-mails obtained by CNN show that top management at the VA hospital in Arizona knew about the practice and even defended it.

Read more:  http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/23/health/veterans-dying-health-care-delays/index.html

Well known is that, like President William Jefferson Clinton, President Barack Hussein Obama loathes the military.  Little wonder they despise the Clintons and Obama.

Last edited by Markle on 4/27/2014, 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Well known is that, like President William Jefferson Clinton, President Barack Hussein Obama loathes the military. Little wonder they despise the Clintons and Obama.

Yes, veterans received better care when George W. Bush was president....  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes 

This thread was authored by a first class Dweeb.

And I could care less what Socrates said because there is nothing worth debating about Markle's lame statement.  pirat 

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Well known is that, like President William Jefferson Clinton, President Barack Hussein Obama loathes the military. Little wonder they despise the Clintons and Obama.

Yes, veterans received better care when George W. Bush was president....  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes 

This thread was authored by a first class Dweeb.

And I could care less what Socrates said because there is nothing worth debating about Markle's lame statement.  pirat 

NOT Surprising, WORDSLINGER FAR more concerned about a few racial comments than OUR VETS!  A fatal wait: Veterans languish and die on a VA hospital's secret list Socratestoo

So, according to you, the administration lying and causing the death of Veterans in order to gain evil bonus' and promotions is a great thing.

Got it! What's worse, I believe you!

2seaoat

Vet care has always been questionable. It is nice to know that it is all Clinton's and Obama's fault.............such stellar logic.

Maybe we should have a thread on VA health care.  I think that many of the present issues started when the VA started to accept All Veterans and not just those with service related issues.
The system is abused by many Veterans.  I really don't know what some vets expect.  I only spent 4 years in the Army.  For that, the Government is going to take care of all my heath issues for the rest of my life?    That seems crazy.  Some vets now think that it is the VAs job to take care of all their health issues.  It is not.  It is each persons responsibly to take care of their own health. VA is just a tool.
The VA health care system has been very good to me.  Many times I have humbled by the experience.

Nekochan

Nekochan

This is shameful.
I don't blame Obama unless nothing is done.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:Vet care has always been questionable.  It is nice to know that it is all Clinton's and Obama's fault.............such stellar logic.

Yes, and you can always count on poster Markle to frame the debate as a partisan issue. Stellar logic indeed.....  Razz

Markle

Markle

Nekochan wrote:This is shameful.

This is the result of SIX YEARS and HIS APPOINTEES. When does it become the fault of the administration in charge?

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Vet care has always been questionable.  It is nice to know that it is all Clinton's and Obama's fault.............such stellar logic.

Yes, and you can always count on poster Markle to frame the debate as a partisan issue. Stellar logic indeed.....  Razz

Who has been in charge for FIVE years and who has appointed those in charge?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Markle wrote:
Nekochan wrote:This is shameful.

This is the result of SIX YEARS and HIS APPOINTEES.  When does it become the fault of the administration in charge?

When the President does nothing. Obama is guilty of plenty of "doing nothing". If he does nothing on this, then he is guilty in this case too.

In the last 5 years, do you think VA care, over all, has gotten worse or better?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Mr Ichi wrote:In the last 5 years, do you think VA care, over all, has gotten worse or better?  

The VA care in these parts is pretty good. The JACC at Corry Station is a first class facility. I go there for blood and urine scans every year and have a consult with Dr. Bond. I am currently having issues with my prostate gland, and it was the VA who pointed out how my PSA level has steadily climbed in recent years. Dr. Bond gave me a graph of my PSA levels for the last 10 years, which I took to a urologist in Pensacola. I have an ultrasound and biopsy this coming Tuesday, and were it not for my annual screening at the VA, this might have gone longer before getting its due attention.

I have a nephew who had to leave the Navy due to being diagnosed with testicular cancer (around 2010). His cancer later recurred in a lung, and he was treated by the VA in San Diego. Before that his mom was frantic, because he had no health insurance after his discharge, and since he was still under 26, she considered adding him back to her family plan, due to provisions of the newly-passed PPACA. The VA stepped up to help him, and the latter turned out to not be necessary.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Mr Ichi wrote:In the last 5 years, do you think VA care, over all, has gotten worse or better?  

The VA care in these parts is pretty good. The JACC at Corry Station is a first class facility. I go there for blood and urine scans every year and have a consult with Dr. Bond. I am currently having issues with my prostate gland, and it was the VA who pointed out how my PSA level has steadily climbed in recent years. Dr. Bond gave me a graph of my PSA levels for the last 10 years, which I took to a urologist in Pensacola. I have an ultrasound and biopsy this coming Tuesday, and were it not for my annual screening at the VA, this might have gone longer before getting its due attention.

I have a nephew who had to leave the Navy due to being diagnosed with testicular cancer (around 2010). His cancer later recurred in a lung, and he was treated by the VA in San Diego. Before that his mom was frantic, because he had no health insurance after his discharge, and since he was still under 26, she considered adding him back to her family plan, due to provisions of the newly-passed PPACA. The VA stepped up to help him, and the latter turned out to not be necessary.

Sorry, I don't give a rip about anecdotal evidence.

What I posted covers at least 40 DEATHS and a secret waiting list. IF that is offensive to you, perhaps it is time for you to start to face facts.

Do the people behind those atrocities deserve bonuses? Perhaps for creativity?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

In my 6 years of service I used gallons of triclorethane to clean my systems, dove up to my elbows in tanks of PCBs changing Klystrons, was constantly exposed to asbestos while painting and cleaning my work space, was exposed to high levels of leaking nuclear radiation from a bomb test in Alaska. Got some of that agent orange crap on the ship during a river patrol and of course Navy chow...who knows what was in that stuff?...why am I still alive ?  I could have been safely protesting the war at Kent State...

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:VA administration using secret lists to pad their bonus' and promotions.  Who would have known?

A fatal wait: Veterans languish and die on a VA hospital's secret list

AC360

By Scott Bronstein and Drew Griffin, CNN Investigations

updated 9:15 AM EDT, Thu April 24, 2014

(CNN) -- At least 40 U.S. veterans died waiting for appointments at the Phoenix Veterans Affairs Health Care system, many of whom were placed on a secret waiting list.

The secret list was part of an elaborate scheme designed by Veterans Affairs managers in Phoenix who were trying to hide that 1,400 to 1,600 sick veterans were forced to wait months to see a doctor, according to a recently retired top VA doctor and several high-level sources.

For six months, CNN has been reporting on extended delays in health care appointments suffered by veterans across the country and who died while waiting for appointments and care. But the new revelations about the Phoenix VA are perhaps the most disturbing and striking to come to light thus far.

Internal e-mails obtained by CNN show that top management at the VA hospital in Arizona knew about the practice and even defended it.

Read more:  http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/23/health/veterans-dying-health-care-delays/index.html

Well known is that, like President William Jefferson Clinton, President Barack Hussein Obama loathes the military.  Little wonder they despise the Clintons and Obama.

Socrates says, "Take a remedial reading class."

"...The secret list was part of an elaborate scheme designed by Veterans Affairs managers in Phoenix..."

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Does that include CNN for running the story?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:In my 6 years of service I used gallons of triclorethane to clean my systems, dove up to my elbows in tanks of PCBs changing Klystrons, was constantly exposed to asbestos while painting and cleaning my work space, was exposed to high levels of leaking nuclear radiation from a bomb test in Alaska. Got some of that agent orange crap on the ship during a river patrol and of course Navy chow...who knows what was in that stuff?...why am I still alive ?  I could have been safely protesting the war at Kent State...

Those protesters at Kent State (and elsewhere) were trying to save your sorry ass. Some of them died for it.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Joanimaroni wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Does that include CNN for running the story?

The story was about PHOENIX, not Obama and not Clinton. Do the names McNamara and Westmoreland ring any bells?

In fact, President Obama has worked continuously to improve outcomes for veterans...unlike his predecessor, who thought nothing of using soldiers as cannon fodder.

http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/military/news/2013/02/13/53328/president-obamas-commitment-to-veterans-must-remain-a-second-term-priority/

"In last night’s State of the Union address, President Barack Obama reaffirmed his commitment to the men, women, and families who have carried the burdens of a decade of war. In his first term, the president made veterans care one of his top priorities. As a result, as most federal agencies grapple with austerity measures, the president’s budget request this year includes $140 billion in funding for the Department of Veterans Affairs—a 40 percent increase in funding since the president took office.
Over the past four years, as the United States wound down its operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, the Obama administration has poured resources into programs intended to support service members as they transition into civilian life, focusing in particular on three critical endeavors: reducing the rates of unemployment, suicide, and homelessness in the veteran population..."

-------------------------

Recently, Sen. Bernie Sanders introduced a veterans bill, which was blocked by REPUBLICANS in the Senate.

http://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/recent-business/senate-republicans-block-veterans-bill

"A disappointed Sen. Bernie Sanders pledged to continue to fight for improved benefits for veterans after Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked a vote on comprehensive legislation to expand health care, education, job-training and other programs.

Republicans derailed the bill by raising a budget point of order challenging outlays for veterans. The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office had said deficits actually would decrease by $1.34 billion over 10 years under the legislation by Sanders, the chairman of the Senate Committee on Veterans’ Affairs.

“I had hoped from the bottom of my heart that at least on this issue – the need to protect and defend our veterans and their families – we could rise above the day-to-day rancor and party politics that we see here in Congress,” said Sanders."

--------------------------

2seaoat

Republicans derailed the bill by raising a budget point of order challenging outlays for veterans.

Those who usually rally to send troops into harms way are often the first to have reservations in caring for those harmed by their actions. This is nothing new in American history. We have historically treated veterans with less resources than what has been promised.

Floridatexan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:In my 6 years of service I used gallons of triclorethane to clean my systems, dove up to my elbows in tanks of PCBs changing Klystrons, was constantly exposed to asbestos while painting and cleaning my work space, was exposed to high levels of leaking nuclear radiation from a bomb test in Alaska. Got some of that agent orange crap on the ship during a river patrol and of course Navy chow...who knows what was in that stuff?...why am I still alive ?  I could have been safely protesting the war at Kent State...

Those protesters at Kent State (and elsewhere) were trying to save your sorry ass.  Some of them died for it.  
It's called sarcasm . Something you need a little tiny bit of intelligence to understand. So I see why you missed it. I actually honor those that served in the "army" of compassion and common sense and died for it at Kent. They fought the battle I fight today.

2seaoat

They fought the battle I fight today.

Did I miss something? Were the marchers at Kent State fighting for secession? Were they fighting for people of color to lose the rights they had gained under the civil rights act? Were the marchers of Kent State wearing swastikas and denying the Holocaust? Were the the marchers at Kent State demeaning immigrants and minorities as less than old white men? Were the marchers of Kent State afraid of women and equal rights for woman? Like the petulant child you have become, you still have this illusion that you are really superman and that you are heroic in fighting government, yet as Paul Harvey used to say.........now for the rest of the story.......your political philosophy is the same old evil which has cursed history, and comparing the same to young idealistic students protesting war is as delusional as the petulant child you have become.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

You are a BALD FACED LIAR..Live with it...

Those at Kent State fought against an out of control government that was building an empire. The government was wearing the fascist swastikas. It was killing Americans and people in other lands JUST LIKE TODAY. So the battle continues... the return to Small central government group..me... and the fools that think a huge central government should be even bigger ...you..Lincoln sucks by the way he gave us this BS. So keep throwing your ridiculous rhetoric around and see what sticks, where but it only shows you to be a desperate Liar and a big government shill.

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 4/27/2014, 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ForgetHell wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Those protesters at Kent State (and elsewhere) were trying to save your sorry ass.  Some of them died for it.  
It's called sarcasm . Something you need a little tiny bit of intelligence to understand. So I see why you missed it. I actually honor those that served in the "army" of compassion and common sense and died for it at Kent. They fought the battle I fight today.

I absolutely thrive on sarcasm, if you hadn't noticed. I remember...1968...my boyfriend chose the third option...suicide...after he went AWOL from boot camp...and I arrived at the scene a few minutes too late (if you want to look at it that way).

2 or 3 years later, I witnessed a Vietnam vet, who happened to be a frat brother of my ex, come close to attacking an anti-war speaker. Some of his "brothers" restrained him, including the other veterans. Not only had TPTB succeeded in killing 58,220 young American soldiers; they had also succeeded in dividing people who should have been united. I'm sorry, Teo, for everything you had to go through, and as trite as it may sound, thank you for your service to your country.

NOT Surprising, WORDSLINGER FAR more concerned about a few racial comments than OUR VETS!  A fatal wait: Veterans languish and die on a VA hospital's secret list Suffering-in-war-iraq-soldier-crying

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Floridatexan wrote:
ForgetHell wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

I absolutely thrive on sarcasm, if you hadn't noticed.  I remember...1968...my boyfriend chose the third option...suicide...after he went AWOL from boot camp...and I arrived at the scene a few minutes too late (if you want to look at it that way).

2 or 3 years later, I witnessed a Vietnam vet, who happened to be a frat brother of my ex, come close to attacking an anti-war speaker.  Some of his "brothers" restrained him, including the other veterans.  Not only had TPTB succeeded in killing 58,220 young American soldiers; they had also succeeded in dividing people who should have been united.  I'm sorry, Teo, for everything you had to go through, and as trite as it may sound, thank you for your service to your country.

NOT Surprising, WORDSLINGER FAR more concerned about a few racial comments than OUR VETS!  A fatal wait: Veterans languish and die on a VA hospital's secret list Suffering-in-war-iraq-soldier-crying

Thank you NOW how do we stop the MIC fascists and Obama droning helpless people.. There is no party of peace only war and empire building...surrounding Russia now tip toeing toward Nuclear war and all I love dead and rotting.

2seaoat

It was killing Americans and people in other lands JUST LIKE TODAY. So the battle continues... the return to Small central government group..me... and the fools that think a huge central government should be even bigger ...you..Lincoln sucks by the way he gave us this BS

You are delusional. The protestors were fighting people like you as much as they were fighting to get out of Viet Nam.......you are the enemy, and now like the wolf you are, you throw a sheepskin over your shoulder and call yourself a sheep.......fighting for safety of the herd.......nonsense, you attack government because it has been the agent of change which allowed people of color power, and a president who is withdrawing from foreign conflict.....a black man in the white house......no the kids who died at Kent State were fighting against you and your type.....your type have always been part of history.....evil always lurks on the sidelines, trying to pretend to be the answer, and having an agenda which is clear.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum