Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Fox News Effect

+7
polecat
no stress
knothead
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
boards of FL
Sal
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26The Fox News Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Fox News Effect 4/25/2014, 9:50 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Fox Goggles must be in use. To jump from a comment about searching for a way to make guns more safe to weapons being crushed is a perfect example of the Fox News Effect.

27The Fox News Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Fox News Effect 4/25/2014, 9:56 am

KarlRove

KarlRove

One conservative news outlet in the MSM and by reading this thread you would think that it was all conservative and that freedom of speech was being shut down all across the board. No, without FOX, we have no counter to the leftist ideology being spewed across the airwaves.

28The Fox News Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Fox News Effect 4/25/2014, 10:15 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

KarlRove wrote:One conservative news outlet in the MSM and by reading this thread you would think that it was all conservative and that freedom of speech was being shut down all across the board. No, without FOX, we have no counter to the leftist ideology being spewed across the airwaves.

Fox is just the poster child for right wing views. Also included in this phenomenon are all the right wing talk shows and websites which also have an influence on people's attitudes.

29The Fox News Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Fox News Effect 4/25/2014, 12:45 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The media is NOT predominately left wing. That is typical of the lies on the right to justify their own lying. I have seen the FOX effect...and mentioned this before, but will again because it apparently needs to be said. I worked for a guy whose father was a helicopter pilot in WWII, and his mother was a big influence, apparently, in the resurgence of the GOP in this area. He was also a Vietnam vet. I was helping him empty out his parents' home, painting, refinishing, etc. He had 5 TV sets in the house, every one always on and cranked to full volume, so no matter where he was...inside or out...he was never far from his FOX fix. This was before the 2000 election and I asked him to read an editorial in in the PNJ that was critical of George W Bush. He turned beet red, refused to read it (of course), and I seriously thought he wanted to hit me. I can talk about this now because the guy's deceased...but believe me I rarely brought up politics in any of our casual conversations...and he was killed by a roommate, apparently over drugs, after he had sold the house and kept the proceeds for himself, cutting his sister out. He also accused me of stealing from him and went so far as to talk that story around town...I have rarely come across anyone so full of hatred.

30The Fox News Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Fox News Effect 4/25/2014, 12:53 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

Floridatexan wrote:
The media is NOT predominately left wing. That is typical of the lies on the right to justify their own lying. I have seen the FOX effect...and mentioned this before, but will again because it apparently needs to be said. I worked for a guy whose father was a helicopter pilot in WWII, and his mother was a big influence, apparently, in the resurgence of the GOP in this area. He was also a Vietnam vet. I was helping him empty out his parents' home, painting, refinishing, etc. He had 5 TV sets in the house, every one always on and cranked to full volume, so no matter where he was...inside or out...he was never far from his FOX fix. This was before the 2000 election and I asked him to read an editorial in in the PNJ that was critical of George W Bush. He turned beet red, refused to read it (of course), and I seriously thought he wanted to hit me. I can talk about this now because the guy's deceased...but believe me I rarely brought up politics in any of our casual conversations...and he was killed by a roommate, apparently over drugs, after he had sold the house and kept the proceeds for himself, cutting his sister out. He also accused me of stealing from him and went so far as to talk that story around town...I have rarely come across anyone so full of hatred.

So then what are ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, NPR, MSLSD-pun intended (MSNBC), etc?

Then there is FOX. One shining light in the cave of liberal stupidity.

31The Fox News Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Fox News Effect 4/25/2014, 1:06 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

KarlRove wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
The media is NOT predominately left wing.  That is typical of the lies on the right to justify their own lying.  I have seen the FOX effect...and mentioned this before, but will again because it apparently needs to be said.  I worked for a guy whose father was a helicopter pilot in WWII, and his mother was a big influence, apparently, in the resurgence of the GOP in this area.  He was also a Vietnam vet. I was helping him empty out his parents' home, painting, refinishing, etc.  He had 5 TV sets in the house, every one always on and cranked to full volume, so no matter where he was...inside or out...he was never far from his FOX fix.  This was before the 2000 election and I asked him to read an editorial in in the PNJ that was critical of George W Bush.  He turned beet red, refused to read it (of course), and I seriously thought he wanted to hit me.  I can talk about this now because the guy's deceased...but believe me I rarely brought up politics in any of our casual conversations...and he was killed by a roommate, apparently over drugs, after he had sold the house and kept the proceeds for himself, cutting his sister out.  He also accused me of stealing from him and went so far as to talk that story around town...I have rarely come across anyone so full of hatred.  

One gigantic spin machine that lies on a daily basis. I no longer get FOX, but I never watched it anyway, because I've always seen it for what it is.

32The Fox News Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Fox News Effect 4/25/2014, 7:27 pm

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
The media is NOT predominately left wing.  That is typical of the lies on the right to justify their own lying.  I have seen the FOX effect...and mentioned this before, but will again because it apparently needs to be said.  I worked for a guy whose father was a helicopter pilot in WWII, and his mother was a big influence, apparently, in the resurgence of the GOP in this area.  He was also a Vietnam vet. I was helping him empty out his parents' home, painting, refinishing, etc.  He had 5 TV sets in the house, every one always on and cranked to full volume, so no matter where he was...inside or out...he was never far from his FOX fix.  This was before the 2000 election and I asked him to read an editorial in in the PNJ that was critical of George W Bush.  He turned beet red, refused to read it (of course), and I seriously thought he wanted to hit me.  I can talk about this now because the guy's deceased...but believe me I rarely brought up politics in any of our casual conversations...and he was killed by a roommate, apparently over drugs, after he had sold the house and kept the proceeds for himself, cutting his sister out.  He also accused me of stealing from him and went so far as to talk that story around town...I have rarely come across anyone so full of hatred.  

The Fox News Effect - Page 2 HystericallyLaughingmanandboy

33The Fox News Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: The Fox News Effect 4/25/2014, 7:29 pm

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
KarlRove wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

One gigantic spin machine that lies on a daily basis.  I no longer get FOX, but I never watched it anyway, because I've always seen it for what it is.

And yet, you can never point out such an incident.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum