Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

HAPPY EASTER ALL

+4
Joanimaroni
Sal
Nekochan
dumpcare
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26HAPPY EASTER ALL - Page 2 Empty Re: HAPPY EASTER ALL 4/20/2014, 2:15 pm

Reminder to self.

Never allow anyone to put bubbles in the easter baskets and that black rubbery snot stuff either.  Neutral 

27HAPPY EASTER ALL - Page 2 Empty Re: HAPPY EASTER ALL 4/20/2014, 3:33 pm

:)Reminder to self.

Never allow anyone to put bubbles in the easter baskets and that black rubbery snot stuff either.  Neutral 

HAPPY EASTER ALL - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWDFNODKhnIXoqdpwU808cPk7xMEKP83S9Zi0iFsPDyJ4WgahVtA

Noted!

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xAi80ShG0I

Smile 

28HAPPY EASTER ALL - Page 2 Empty Re: HAPPY EASTER ALL 4/20/2014, 3:53 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Easter Brunch is over...12 adults and 9 kids served. Eggs hidden and found, several times.

Eggs Benedict was the main attraction, roasted breakfast potatoes, grilled asparagus, cheese grits, scrambled eggs, bacon, toast and strawberries with cannoli dip....and an Easter cake.

Now basketball and most likely a nap.

29HAPPY EASTER ALL - Page 2 Empty Re: HAPPY EASTER ALL 4/20/2014, 4:11 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Smile
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Happy Easter....

I was hoping my wife would buy me a chocolate easter bunny...  Sad 

I do have a box of Cadbury Caramel Eggs that I bought from Amazon.com, however.

I know sugar is horrible for you and I have tried two different 3-month long sugar-fasts in the last 1.5 years, always returning to my chocolates. I have to have some milk-chocolate every day....

mmmmmmmmmmmm yummy. I want a cadbury egg now.  Razz 

I just got done with the potato salad. Im starving and they are taking too long.

I will eat one in your honor later... ;-)

All of the leftover Easter candy will be on sale next week, so you might find some for a bargain....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

30HAPPY EASTER ALL - Page 2 Empty Re: HAPPY EASTER ALL 4/20/2014, 4:35 pm

knothead

knothead

Joanimaroni wrote:Easter Brunch is over...12 adults and 9 kids served. Eggs hidden and found, several times.

Eggs Benedict was the main attraction, roasted breakfast potatoes, grilled asparagus, cheese grits, scrambled eggs, bacon, toast and strawberries with cannoli dip....and an Easter cake.

Sounds like a fun family day joani . . . you do put on a spread . . . yuuumbo!
 Very Happy 

31HAPPY EASTER ALL - Page 2 Empty Re: HAPPY EASTER ALL 4/20/2014, 7:47 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Easter Brunch is over...12 adults and 9 kids served. Eggs hidden and found, several times.

Sounds like a fun family day joani . . . you do put on a spread . . . yuuumbo!
 Very Happy 

All three of my kids live here.....with spouses and grandchildren it has to be a big spread.

I like doing carry out for them.....easy on everyone. They show up, pick up, and leave. Works great for them during the week.

32HAPPY EASTER ALL - Page 2 Empty Re: HAPPY EASTER ALL 4/20/2014, 8:49 pm

Sounds like you had a nice time.  Very Happy 

I'm pooped myself.

It was a great day though. Now to get relaxed and back to work in the morn.

33HAPPY EASTER ALL - Page 2 Empty Re: HAPPY EASTER ALL 4/20/2014, 9:53 pm

My sweet babies.  I love you 

HAPPY EASTER ALL - Page 2 Sean_a10

34HAPPY EASTER ALL - Page 2 Empty Re: HAPPY EASTER ALL 4/21/2014, 10:16 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Beautiful pictures of the grandkids, Joani and Chrissy.

We had the kids here for dinner.....a John Morrell ham and a Butterball turkey breast (both turned out delicious), deviled eggs, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, corn, and my daughter brought a crumb cake. It was all good. I made the sweet potato casserole and deviled eggs and hubby did most everything else...he did a great job! We sent the kids home with lots of leftover ham and turkey.

I cannot eat that much, since my illness. I eat very, very small meals. I guess my stomach will get bigger eventually, but I don't know when. So I just had a very small taste of everything and I was very full. But it sure was good to watch my family enjoy heaping plates of food.

35HAPPY EASTER ALL - Page 2 Empty Re: HAPPY EASTER ALL 4/21/2014, 11:16 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Glad you had a good Easter, Neko. Especially glad you are moving around and participating.

36HAPPY EASTER ALL - Page 2 Empty Re: HAPPY EASTER ALL 4/21/2014, 11:17 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

:)My sweet babies.  I love you 

HAPPY EASTER ALL - Page 2 Sean_a10

Beautiful babies, Chrissy.

37HAPPY EASTER ALL - Page 2 Empty Re: HAPPY EASTER ALL 4/21/2014, 12:31 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Beautiful babies, Chrissy.

Super-cute!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

38HAPPY EASTER ALL - Page 2 Empty Re: HAPPY EASTER ALL 4/21/2014, 1:47 pm

Sal

Sal

39HAPPY EASTER ALL - Page 2 Empty Re: HAPPY EASTER ALL 4/21/2014, 2:09 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Joanimaroni wrote:Glad you had a good Easter,  Neko. Especially glad you are moving around and participating.

Yesterday, I peeled and cut up two potatoes for the mashed potatoes and my hands were tired out. Everything I do like that is a type of therapy. I want to do more around the house than I am capable of doing at this time....and it drives me nuts! But I have to pace myself and not tire out too much. So---hubby finished peeling, cooking and mashing the potatoes. I made the sweet potato casserole and boiled the eggs on Sat, so those dishes were already mostly prepared yesterday. But I normally take a nap during the afternoon and I didn't have a nap yesterday. Today I'm tired. I got up this morning for a couple of hours and then I went back to bed until a little while ago. I did put a bread mix in the bread machine before I took my nap, for hubby and me to have ham/turkey sandwiches tonight. It smells good! And I feel better after my nap.

40HAPPY EASTER ALL - Page 2 Empty Re: HAPPY EASTER ALL 4/21/2014, 3:25 pm

Nekochan wrote:Beautiful pictures of the grandkids, Joani and Chrissy.  

We had the kids here for dinner.....a John Morrell ham and a Butterball turkey breast (both turned out delicious), deviled eggs, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, corn, and my daughter brought a crumb cake.  It was all good.   I made the sweet potato casserole and deviled eggs and hubby did most everything else...he did a great job!   We sent the kids home with lots of leftover ham and turkey.

I cannot eat that much, since my illness.  I eat very, very small meals.  I guess my stomach will get bigger eventually, but I don't know when.    So I just had a very small taste of everything and I was very full.   But it sure was good  to watch my family enjoy heaping plates of food.

Have you lost a lot of weight since your were sick?

41HAPPY EASTER ALL - Page 2 Empty Re: HAPPY EASTER ALL 4/21/2014, 3:53 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Nekochan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Glad you had a good Easter,  Neko. Especially glad you are moving around and participating.

Yesterday, I peeled and cut up two potatoes for the mashed potatoes and my hands were tired out.  Everything I do like that is a type of therapy.   I want to do more around the house than I  am capable of doing at this time....and it drives me nuts!   But I have to pace myself and not tire out too much.   So---hubby finished peeling, cooking and mashing the potatoes.   I made the sweet potato casserole and boiled the eggs on Sat, so those dishes were already mostly prepared yesterday.   But I normally take a nap during the afternoon and I didn't have a nap yesterday.  Today I'm tired.   I got up this morning for a couple of hours and then I went back to bed until a little while ago.   I did put a bread mix in the bread machine before I took my nap, for hubby and me to have ham/turkey sandwiches tonight.   It smells good!   And I feel better after my nap.

You have come a long way. Simple things have become exhausting chores but each day will be better.

42HAPPY EASTER ALL - Page 2 Empty Re: HAPPY EASTER ALL 4/21/2014, 4:00 pm

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Reading this thread makes me hungry, and regretful that I ate my last Cadbury Caramel Egg last night.  Sad 

All of the grandchildren are adorable! So is your grandpuppy, Damaged Eagle!

43HAPPY EASTER ALL - Page 2 Empty Re: HAPPY EASTER ALL 4/21/2014, 6:35 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Beautiful pictures of the grandkids, Joani and Chrissy.  

We had the kids here for dinner.....a John Morrell ham and a Butterball turkey breast (both turned out delicious), deviled eggs, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, corn, and my daughter brought a crumb cake.  It was all good.   I made the sweet potato casserole and deviled eggs and hubby did most everything else...he did a great job!   We sent the kids home with lots of leftover ham and turkey.

I cannot eat that much, since my illness.  I eat very, very small meals.  I guess my stomach will get bigger eventually, but I don't know when.    So I just had a very small taste of everything and I was very full.   But it sure was good  to watch my family enjoy heaping plates of food.

Have you lost a lot of weight since your were sick?

I did lose some weight. I didn't have solid food for some 6 weeks. I guess my stomach shrank and it's still very small.

44HAPPY EASTER ALL - Page 2 Empty Re: HAPPY EASTER ALL 4/21/2014, 6:45 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Joanimaroni wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Yesterday, I peeled and cut up two potatoes for the mashed potatoes and my hands were tired out.  Everything I do like that is a type of therapy.   I want to do more around the house than I  am capable of doing at this time....and it drives me nuts!   But I have to pace myself and not tire out too much.   So---hubby finished peeling, cooking and mashing the potatoes.   I made the sweet potato casserole and boiled the eggs on Sat, so those dishes were already mostly prepared yesterday.   But I normally take a nap during the afternoon and I didn't have a nap yesterday.  Today I'm tired.   I got up this morning for a couple of hours and then I went back to bed until a little while ago.   I did put a bread mix in the bread machine before I took my nap, for hubby and me to have ham/turkey sandwiches tonight.   It smells good!   And I feel better after my nap.

You have come a long way. Simple things have become exhausting chores but each day will be better.

Eating anything that wasn't soft was exhausting when I started back on solid food. Even after several weeks on solid food, it took me 30 min to eat not even half a bagel. My jaws were so weak. Speech therapy at rehab helped a lot. I didn't really need help with my speaking, but I did need to strengthen my jaws and I also did swallowing exercises.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum