Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Here's What Happened Early Saturday Morning ....

+3
knothead
Nekochan
Sal
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

That has to be one of the most senseless tragic horrible things that has ever been recorded on video.  Especially when you tell me I'm actually seeing five people die.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:It seems like that's kinda been the theme for 2014 so far (including this forum) - sickness, injury, and death.

I'm hoping the second half of the year has a different theme.

You're still relatively young.  I know this will sound obvious and cliche,  but the sickness and death part becomes a bigger and bigger part of life as you grow older.  It's a bummer.

You're right.

It's just this forum distorting my perspective.

Thanks, Bob!

lol

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:That has to be one of the most senseless tragic horrible things that has ever been recorded on video.  Especially when you tell me I'm actually seeing five people die.

Yup.

My mind flashed instantly to it when I realized what was unfolding Saturday morning.

And, I didn't feel a bit of sympathy when the cops started pummeling the asshole.

I agree. I could probably overlook beating up someone in some instances especially if my family was involved.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

We have a bay bridge here similiar to the bridges that go from Tampa to Pinellas, Sal.
Many many years ago I woke up one morning and learned that during the night a drunk had gone on the bay bridge the wrong way and hit a car headon
with a family of visitors in it and it killed their little girl.
That was the awakening for me on drunk driving.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:We have a bay bridge here similiar to the bridges that go from Tampa to Pinellas,  Sal.
Many many years ago I woke up one morning and learned that during the night a drunk had gone on the bay bridge the wrong way and hit a car headon
with a family of visitors in it and it killed their little girl.
That was the awakening for me on drunk driving.

Same story I thought of when I read Sal's post. Think there was another one at the top of the hump about 30 years ago that killed several people. I remember I was scared to be the only car going over the hump into Gulf Breeze late at night.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

This happened to a friend of mine years ago on the 3-Mile bridge...a wrong-way driver. She had months of therapy. And just a couple of days ago my daughters were together on Martin Luther King, where they were almost clipped by a wrong-way driver in the middle of the day. Luckily, my youngest daughter saw/felt what was coming and warned her sister. My grandchildren were in the car, too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum