Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Here's What Happened Early Saturday Morning ....

+3
knothead
Nekochan
Sal
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

Just got back from a long distance trip to attend the funeral of an old friend.

I couldn't find a reasonable flight to where I was going, so I decided to drive with my son as my navigator.

We left at 3AM Saturday morning to make the drive.

We hadn't even got through Tampa when we came upon two cop cars with their lights flashing, going about 20mph and blocking both lanes of the northbound traffic.

Eventually, they slowed to a stop, and we were forced to stop right behind them.

Suddenly, a car came roaring southbound in the northbound lanes and screeched to a stop inches in front of the cops.

The driver stumbled out of the car and tried to make a run for it.

Bad idea.

The cops were on him immediately, and beat the daylights out of him.

It took about twenty minutes for them to clear the scene, and traffic was moving again.

If the cops weren't there, my son and I may have been roadkill.

Yay, Hillsborough County Sheriff's Department!!

Nekochan

Nekochan

I'm sorry for your loss but glad that you and your son are alright.

knothead

knothead

Sal, you had a front row seat to a news event . . . . sorry bout losing a friend!

Sal

Sal

It seems like that's kinda been the theme for 2014 so far (including this forum) - sickness, injury, and death.

I'm hoping the second half of the year has a different theme.

lol

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sorry about your friend.

Glad you and your son were fortunate to have the cops prevent a possible tragedy. Thanks to cell phones authorities are notified immediately. Looks like the perp was treated appropriately.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:It seems like that's kinda been the theme for 2014 so far (including this forum) - sickness, injury, and death.

You're still relatively young.  I know this will sound obvious and cliche,  but the sickness and death part becomes a bigger and bigger part of life as you grow older.  It's a bummer.

2seaoat

You're still relatively young. I know this will sound obvious and cliche, but the sickness and death part becomes a bigger and bigger part of life as you grow older. It's a bummer.

That is the truth, but it is not a bummer.....it is just part of the cycle of life and all is good. I am glad Sal and his son were not involved in an accident, but WTF......where's the video from your phone......you are going to have to step it up as a news reporter for the forum......great story.....lame coverage....we needed the phone video......your are not one of those fellas who does not know how to use his phone?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:You're still relatively young.  I know this will sound obvious and cliche,  but the sickness and death part becomes a bigger and bigger part of life as you grow older.  It's a bummer.

That is the truth, but it is not a bummer.

I guess I'm just weird that way. I prefer health and life over sickness and death. If they'd let me be the creator, I woulda put in more health and life and less sickness and death. But I was never offered the creator's job.

Sal wrote:Just got back from a long distance trip to attend the funeral of an old friend.

I couldn't find a reasonable flight to where I was going, so I decided to drive with my son as my navigator.

We left at 3AM Saturday morning to make the drive.

We hadn't even got through Tampa when we came upon two cop cars with their lights flashing, going about 20mph and blocking both lanes of the northbound traffic.

Eventually, they slowed to a stop, and we were forced to stop right behind them.

Suddenly, a car came roaring southbound in the northbound lanes and screeched to a stop inches in front of the cops.

The driver stumbled out of the car and tried to make a run for it.

Bad idea.

The cops were on him immediately, and beat the daylights out of him.

It took about twenty minutes for them to clear the scene, and traffic was moving again.

If the cops weren't there, my son and I may have been roadkill.

Yay, Hillsborough County Sheriff's Department!!

What was the crime? Suspended license?

Joanimaroni wrote:Sorry about your friend.

Glad you and your son were fortunate to have the cops prevent a possible tragedy. Thanks to cell phones authorities are notified immediately. Looks like the perp was treated appropriately.

Why do you think the perp was treated appropriately? Beating a suspect is now appropriate?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Sorry about your friend.

Why do you think the perp was treated appropriately? Beating a suspect is now appropriate?

Driving the wrong way on the interstate, endangering lives, running or make that stumbling from the cops. Not the activity of just having a suspended license.

Wonder what his alcohol level was?

Last edited by Joanimaroni on 4/16/2014, 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:You're still relatively young.  I know this will sound obvious and cliche,  but the sickness and death part becomes a bigger and bigger part of life as you grow older.  It's a bummer.

That is the truth, but it is not a bummer.....it is just part of the cycle of life and all is good.  I am glad Sal and his son were not involved in an accident, but WTF......where's the video from your phone......you are going to have to step it up as a news reporter for the forum......great story.....lame coverage....we needed the phone video......your are not one of those fellas who does not know how to use his phone?

Dammit Sal, you failed us.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:
That is the truth, but it is not a bummer.....it is just part of the cycle of life and all is good.  I am glad Sal and his son were not involved in an accident, but WTF......where's the video from your phone......you are going to have to step it up as a news reporter for the forum......great story.....lame coverage....we needed the phone video......your are not one of those fellas who does not know how to use his phone?

Dammit Sal, you failed us.[/quote]

Yup.

Truth is, when I came upon the cops, I thought to myself, "What the fuck are these clowns doing messing up my time?".

Never even occurred to me to pull out my phone until it was over.

After it was clear what was happening, my son said, "That could've been us, Dad."

Damn, straight.

What could have been you? The beating?

Sal

Sal

The dude was obviously drunk as hell or high as a kite.

He was racing down the WRONG SIDE of the interstate.

This is what happens when assholes do that ....

That was in February of this year.

The driver and four innocent USF students were killed instantly.

Again, thank you Hillsborough County Sheriff's Department for putting your lives on the line for us.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

That has to be one of the most senseless tragic horrible things that has ever been recorded on video.  Especially when you tell me I'm actually seeing five people die.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:It seems like that's kinda been the theme for 2014 so far (including this forum) - sickness, injury, and death.

You're still relatively young.  I know this will sound obvious and cliche,  but the sickness and death part becomes a bigger and bigger part of life as you grow older.  It's a bummer.

You're right.

It's just this forum distorting my perspective.

Thanks, Bob!

lol

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:That has to be one of the most senseless tragic horrible things that has ever been recorded on video.  Especially when you tell me I'm actually seeing five people die.

Yup.

My mind flashed instantly to it when I realized what was unfolding Saturday morning.

And, I didn't feel a bit of sympathy when the cops started pummeling the asshole.

I agree. I could probably overlook beating up someone in some instances especially if my family was involved.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

We have a bay bridge here similiar to the bridges that go from Tampa to Pinellas, Sal.
Many many years ago I woke up one morning and learned that during the night a drunk had gone on the bay bridge the wrong way and hit a car headon
with a family of visitors in it and it killed their little girl.
That was the awakening for me on drunk driving.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:We have a bay bridge here similiar to the bridges that go from Tampa to Pinellas,  Sal.
Many many years ago I woke up one morning and learned that during the night a drunk had gone on the bay bridge the wrong way and hit a car headon
with a family of visitors in it and it killed their little girl.
That was the awakening for me on drunk driving.

Same story I thought of when I read Sal's post. Think there was another one at the top of the hump about 30 years ago that killed several people. I remember I was scared to be the only car going over the hump into Gulf Breeze late at night.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

This happened to a friend of mine years ago on the 3-Mile bridge...a wrong-way driver. She had months of therapy. And just a couple of days ago my daughters were together on Martin Luther King, where they were almost clipped by a wrong-way driver in the middle of the day. Luckily, my youngest daughter saw/felt what was coming and warned her sister. My grandchildren were in the car, too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum