Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Which side's corruption is worse?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Isn't it about time we grow up and recognize that our government isn't ours anymore?

agreed... the nsa should be monitoring govt... every dept, agency, bureau, bureaucrat, politician, employee, program... etc.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Great idea! I'd love it if the NSA recorded and then released the text of every congressperson's conversations with lobbyists.

Why not?

How about we toss out every elected Congresa person who voted for Obamacare?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Pacedog's right.  Providing health care is the most evil, sinful, godless, communist, immoral thing that any human can ever do.  And anyone who advocates such a thing is a traitor.

How about everyone pays their fair share and doesn't suck off the middle class?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PACEDOG#1 wrote:How about everyone pays their fair share and doesn't suck off the middle class?

That's a good principle. Everybody should pay his fair share. And slacker bums should be taken off welfare.
But believe it or not, many people who are not middle class actually do work for a living. And many of those as they reach middle age and older cannot afford the cost of private health insurance.

And it's at that point where someone like you cannot have it both ways.
If you say screw them because they're poor and don't count, you cannot also pretend to actually worship Jesus. The two things are not compatible.

Sal

Sal

Which side's corruption is worse? Food-stamps-jesus

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:How about everyone pays their fair share and doesn't suck off the middle class?

I love to burst your bubble: the biggest suckers of the middle class are the ultra wealthy. Reality!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Bob wrote:

That's a good principle.  Everybody should pay his fair share.  And slacker bums should be taken off welfare.
But believe it or not,  many people who are not middle class actually do work for a living.  And many of those as they reach middle age and older cannot afford the cost of private health insurance.

If you say screw them because they're poor and don't count,  you cannot also pretend to actually worship Jesus.  The two things are not compatible.

Not sure I ever heard Pdog say he worshipped Jesus. He does worship the Koch Bros. however ...

Sal wrote:[img][/img]

Oh so NOW you want America to be a Christian nation.  Wink 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wordslinger wrote:

Not sure I ever heard Pdog say he worshipped Jesus. .

Yes, pacedog has told us he's a Christian.

by Bob Yesterday at 10:13 am
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

How about everyone pays their fair share and doesn't suck off the middle class?

That's a good principle. Everybody should pay his fair share. And slacker bums should be taken off welfare.
But believe it or not, many people who are not middle class actually do work for a living. And many of those as they reach middle age and older cannot afford the cost of private health insurance.

If you say screw them because they're poor and don't count, you cannot also pretend to actually worship Jesus. The two things are not compatible.
------------
Jesus never advocated taking hard earned money from one to give to another.....nuf said.

It's not my job to pay for your insurance Bob

It's your job.

Yep wordslinger I'm a Christian...what's your point

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Jesus never advocated taking hard earned money from one to give to another.....nuf said.

Jesus told him, "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." Matthew 19:21

When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." Luke 18:22

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Yep wordslinger I'm a Christian...what's your point

That's impossible. Like most Christians you use your religion as a shield or a weapon. Bob made some very good points -- Christians are supposed to care about their neighbors -- poor or rich. You've made it clear you don't give a shit about anyone else, and I've never heard word one from you about helping anyone other than defending the wealthy.

Hell I'm an atheist and I'm ten times more concerned about the condition and happiness of my fellow man than you are.

You're not Christian at all ... you're another southern pretender.

It's okay by me if you don't want to help anyone else out. But I think it's important that people are honest. My neighbor's dog is more Christian than you! LOL

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Jesus told him, "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."  Matthew 19:21

When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." Luke 18:22

Cute try. Maybe you should actually READ the Holy Bible before you make erroneous statements from the book.

Matthew 19:21-26
New International Version (NIV)

21 Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven.

24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”

26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Care to try again?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Sal wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Jesus told him, "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."  Matthew 19:21

Cute try.  Maybe you should actually READ the Holy Bible before you make erroneous statements from the book.

21 Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven.

24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”

26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Care to try again?

Sal is simply pointing out that Jesus was a champion of the poor. No doubt that contradicts your point of view -- in which Jesus becomes Ted Cruz. LOL

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Sal wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Cute try.  Maybe you should actually READ the Holy Bible before you make erroneous statements from the book.

Care to try again?

Sal is simply pointing out that Jesus was a champion of the poor.  No doubt that contradicts your point of view -- in which Jesus becomes Ted Cruz.  LOL

Sal ran for cover and you said nothing. What I showed was the OPPOSITE of what you and Sal had been fed by your Communist sites.

It is always amusing when my favorite Heathens try and USE the Bible.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum