Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Liberals butthurt over Drudge calling his Obamacare penalty a LIBERTY TAX.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/03/the_profound_arrogant_ignorance_and_stupidity_of_liberals_in_charge.html

For crying out loud folks, it's how you sold it to the SCOTUS so why are you whining?

dumpcare

I put drudge in a category with the star, enquirer and globe magazines, some things are true but by far most aren't. No doubt the fool paid extra on his quarterly taxes, but no reason to, since this will not be collected until next year and there is no place for the IRS to credit it to this year.

Now that being said, just why is a person his age going without health insurance anyway? Guess he wants to show the world something, I guess that would be he makes enough money to self insure.

Marginalize,
Marginalize,
Marginalize....

knothead

knothead

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Marginalize,
Marginalize,
Marginalize....

No PD, he is an opportunistic pecker head!

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

As usual much ado about nothing. A WH aide does a knee-jerk tweet and the right wing nuts try to make it into a big deal. It must be tiring being semi-hysterical all the time shouting the sky is falling at every little thing. Oh well, it makes them feel important I guess? Of course calling it a "Freedom Tax" is so sweet too! You have got to love the right wing for its consistency if nothing else. Freedom tax, Freedom fries, Liberty this, Liberty that.

Oh wait, consistency might not be the right word since they did that famous 180 degree turn on the personal mandate. Remember back when it was a Heritage Foundation idea and they said it was a way of making sure there were no freeloaders taking advantage of universal coverage? Now the individual mandate is an idea from hell or at least purgatory because it is Obama's idea, lol, you just gotta love it.

It's the WH making a big deal of it and trying to say it is something thst it is not.

If it was not a big deal, then why does the WH feel compelled to respond ?

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PACEDOG#1 wrote:It's the WH making a big deal of it and trying to say it is something thst it is not.

I guess "big deal" is in the eye of the beholder. All I know about this is what I read in the original post and the two articles linked in it. The HuffPo's article goes in to more detail about estimated taxes and paying the penalty. Either way it sure is a hot button issue for people on both sides. I am frankly tired of politics by hysteria and hyperbole and wish the national conversation would just cool down.

If Drudge pays estimated income taxes every quarter -- a common practice for someone who is self-employed or is the sole proprietor of a business -- he could have guesstimated what his penalty will be and added that amount to the check he apparently cut to the IRS on Friday.

"That's perplexing," said Brian Haile, the senior vice president for health-care policy at Jackson Hewitt Tax Service, a tax-preparation company. The IRS has no mechanism in place yet to even accept individual mandate penalties and hasn't even published the tables taxpayers will use to work out how much they owe. Plus, any money sent in can't be earmarked especially for that, he explained. The IRS didn't respond to a request for additional information about collecting mandate penalties. Drudge didn't respond to an email asking him to elaborate on his tweet.

"For whatever reason, Matt Drudge has decided to give the government an interest-free loan," Haile said.

Odd move for a small-government, anti-tax guy to make.

UPDATE: Drudge followed up on his earlier tweet and seems to confirm that he paid estimated taxes for the first quarter of this year on Friday. The mandate penalty nevertheless is separate from income taxes and isn't due until 2015.

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:It's the WH making a big deal of it and trying to say it is something thst it is not.

I guess "big deal" is in the eye of the beholder. All I know about this is what I read in the original post and the two articles linked in it. The HuffPo's article goes in to more detail about estimated taxes and paying the penalty. Either way it sure is a hot button issue for people on both sides. I am frankly tired of politics by hysteria and hyperbole and wish the national conversation would just cool down.

If Drudge pays estimated income taxes every quarter -- a common practice for someone who is self-employed or is the sole proprietor of a business -- he could have guesstimated what his penalty will be and added that amount to the check he apparently cut to the IRS on Friday.

"That's perplexing," said Brian Haile, the senior vice president for health-care policy at Jackson Hewitt Tax Service, a tax-preparation company. The IRS has no mechanism in place yet to even accept individual mandate penalties and hasn't even published the tables taxpayers will use to work out how much they owe. Plus, any money sent in can't be earmarked especially for that, he explained. The IRS didn't respond to a request for additional information about collecting mandate penalties. Drudge didn't respond to an email asking him to elaborate on his tweet.

"For whatever reason, Matt Drudge has decided to give the government an interest-free loan," Haile said.

Odd move for a small-government, anti-tax guy to make.

UPDATE: Drudge followed up on his earlier tweet and seems to confirm that he paid estimated taxes for the first quarter of this year on Friday. The mandate penalty nevertheless is separate from income taxes and isn't due until 2015 .

Neither are the income taxes, which are not due until April 15, 2015. Matt Drudge is following the LAW in filing his quarterly report along with the estimated taxes due for that quarter. That's the LAW.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum