Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Charlie Daniels and Lynard Skynard and BeulahFest: Best damn live music show I've ever attended.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yes it was actually that good.

oh yeah that's fun. they used to play in Jacksonville almost weekly, good times.

Sal

Sal

rednecks ....

I was forced (yes forced) to go see Charlie Daniels Band in 1976 or7.
GREAT concert. He's a fiddlin' fool. Had a blast.

Have heard nothing at all by LS, since they lost everyone.
Glad you had a good time.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:rednecks ....

I had seen Charlie Daniels on Fox News and was not impressed. I had seen videos of his performances and wasn't blown away by that either.

BUT, once the music started, all that baggage went away. The Charlie Daniels Band is a phenomenal thing to experience. Just for openers, the drummer, bass player and keyboard player are as good as you will ever hear.
But the combination of Daniels and Chris Wormer (on 12-string), with that amazing band behind them, is nothing short of a goddamn musical miracle.

Charlie Daniels and Lynard Skynard and BeulahFest:  Best damn live music show I've ever attended. Cd10

Together they are able to recreate the harmonizing guitar sound of Duane Allman and Dickie Betts to the point that it almost becomes scary.
And talk about tight. Tightest damn band you will ever hear. If music was a Swiss watch, this band would be a Patek Phillipe.

The Skynard ghost band is another phenomenon. Johnny Van Zandt and Gary Rossington and company are a perfect complement to the Daniels show.
from wiki: [i]Because a certain type of blues music, and essentially, rock and roll, was invented in the South, Gregg Allman once commented that "Southern rock" was a redundant term, like "rock rock."
And this incarnation of Southern Rock literally brought down the house.
What a musical treat it was.

I grew up around this type of music. Jacksonville was a farm for this genre of music.

L Skynyrd, Molly Hatchet, 38 special, Allman Brothers and more were all from jville. Hell Florida itself has so many great bands coming out of it, I mean Tom petty was from Gainsville, so was John Mellancamp.

Here's a spin off of LS that I actually got to see in concert as a teen.

Ive partied with some of these people. Those were the lost years.  Embarassed 

I'm getting a kick out of you Bob digging southern rock. I didn't know you had it in ya.  Razz 

Brings back old memories...... Rock on!

cool1

cool1

Glad you had a good time  Smile 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

polecat

polecat

Dot wrote:I grew up around this type of music. Jacksonville was a farm for this genre of music.

L Skynyrd, Molly Hatchet, 38 special, Allman Brothers and more were all from jville. Hell Florida itself has so many great bands coming out of it, I mean Tom petty was from Gainsville, so was John Mellancamp.

Here's a spin off of LS that I actually got to see in concert as a teen.

Ive partied with some of these people. Those were the lost years.  Embarassed 

I'm getting a kick out of you Bob digging southern rock. I didn't know you had it in ya.  Razz 

Brings back old memories...... Rock on!

I believe Mr. Cougar is from Indiana.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Skynyrd and The Allman Brothers Band (known today as the two principal creators of southern rock) were both formed in Jacksonville.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum