Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This is the final straw in the collapse of OBAMACARE. Just say it's a hardship and you're exempt.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Built into the 20,000+ pages of law and regulations is a formerly little or unknown detail. Remember when former Speaker of the House told us that we had to PASS ObamaCare so we could learn what was in it? Bet she forgot this tidbit.

The Achilles heel of ObamaCare is in the individual mandate. If people are FORCED by the government to buy what they don't want, they won't.

Now they can just say it creates a hardship for them, and they have an exemption. No questions asked.

Home / Top News / U.S. News /
Administration adds hardship exemption to ObamaCare's individual mandate

HHS releases document extending transition policy allowing hardship exemptions from individual mandate to Oct. 2016.
By JC Sevcik | March. 13, 2014 at 7:17 PM | Updated March. 14, 2014 at 2:16 PM

March. 13 (UPI) -- The Department of Health and Human Services released a seven page bulletin Wednesday announcing the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services' decision to extend the transitional policy of the Affordable Care Act by two years, to Oct. 1, 2016.

Effectively, this makes the individual mandate -- the requirement that all individuals purchase insurance by the end of March or face a tax penalty -- considered by many to be the backbone of the Affordable Care Act, an option one can opt out of rather than a requirement.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2014/03/13/Administration-adds-hardship-exemption-to-ObamaCares-individual-mandate/2241394745964/#ixzz2wI41995J

Markle

Markle

No surprise, the Progressives are, once again, speechless.

So many fires, they don't know which one to try and stomp out first.

dumpcare

I swear some of you must have our office bugged, invariably when we have been discussing something in length at the office it will appear in these forums within a day or two.

Had a guy call Monday that wanted me to put him on the hardship list. I thought it was a joke because he sounded like Elvis. I told him we had no list and apparently to call the marketplace. Then I discussed this with my boss, which I had heard about this last month and my boss said, yep all they have to do is call the marketplace. Then we discussed tax time in 2015, that is when they will have to prove it on their tax forms. This is also when we'll see if all the subsidy's were calculated correctly. Some people will have to pay back and some will receive a larger tax return.

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:I swear some of you must have our office bugged, invariably when we have been discussing something in length at the office it will appear in these forums within a day or two.

Had a guy call Monday that wanted me to put him on the hardship list.  I thought it was a joke because he sounded like Elvis. I told him we had no list and apparently to call the marketplace.  Then I discussed this with my boss, which I had heard about this last month and my boss said, yep all they have to do is call the marketplace. Then we discussed tax time in 2015, that is when they will have to prove it on their tax forms. This is also when we'll see if all the subsidy's were calculated correctly. Some people will have to pay back and some will receive a larger tax return.  

All they'll have to do write them a letter that ObamaCare is a hardship. Besides, with 38 illegal changes in the law by the stroke of a pen, what makes you think there won't be more?

Markle wrote:
ppaca wrote:I swear some of you must have our office bugged, invariably when we have been discussing something in length at the office it will appear in these forums within a day or two.

Had a guy call Monday that wanted me to put him on the hardship list.  I thought it was a joke because he sounded like Elvis. I told him we had no list and apparently to call the marketplace.  Then I discussed this with my boss, which I had heard about this last month and my boss said, yep all they have to do is call the marketplace. Then we discussed tax time in 2015, that is when they will have to prove it on their tax forms. This is also when we'll see if all the subsidy's were calculated correctly. Some people will have to pay back and some will receive a larger tax return.  

All they'll have to do write them a letter that ObamaCare is a hardship.  Besides, with 38 illegal changes in the law by the stroke of a pen, what makes you think there won't be more?

You know what they are doing. He is breaking the law all for political gain. He is rewriting a law he passed all because it sucks so bad he doesn't want to hurt his fellow liberals at election time. How convenient that we can just rewrite laws because of political fallout.

Also, I fully believe at this point this man just wanted to inflict as much damage on the country as he can. He doesn't care if people get healthcare at all. This is all a scam to break the nation. Ruin the constitution as much as possible, spend us into ruin, make us weak militarily, etc etc...

Notice the cuts and all the government over reach are really the only thing that has stayed constant? that's because this law was never about CARE, its always been about GOV Power and systematic ruin.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum