Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Two American UAVs are blown out of the sky by Russia...maybe they ain't so damned great when they face something besides kids.

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

RPAs are not the weapon system of choice for a mission over an area like the Ukraine. We have multiple other platforms that can gather intel and not put themselves as much at risk.

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:I have a bit of experience here he does not

I won't get into a pissing contest ...but my team shot down firebees ..21 in one day..a firebee is a jet drone...also I worked on project snoopy the first time we tried to use drones as spotters... I was a real nasty war with 58000 killed on our side alone...but it was before your time so you think you are special because you played video games.

We only used a few, crude drones during the Vietnam War. We only started to use them as a weapon toward the end of the Bush administration.

If I'm not mistaken, weren't the Firebee's target drones? So if you shot down 21, wasn't that your job?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Markle wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:I have a bit of experience here he does not

I won't get into a pissing contest ...but my team shot down firebees ..21 in one day..a firebee is a jet drone...also I worked on project snoopy the first time we tried to use drones as spotters... I was a real nasty war with 58000 killed on our side alone...but it was before your time so you think you are special because you played video games.

We only used a few, crude drones during the Vietnam War.  We only started to use them as a weapon toward the end of the Bush administration.

If I'm not mistaken, weren't the Firebee's target drones?  So if you shot down 21, wasn't that your job?

Yes the Jet drones were probably faster than todays reaper drones and very maneuverable, although not enough to escape the standard missile.
I used to wander over to the drone shop on the Damned Neck Va target range.....very interesting watching them being deployed. Although those were prop drones they used to train gunners.

Drones were used as weapons prior to end of bush admin and we used drones during the Clinton admin in a little soirée he held during some if his wagging the dog

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Good guys mind their own damned business and don't attack other countries when told to by a criminal government that is destroying the very country they should be home protecting...

Teo you still in this rant ? There are better
Assets for all five modes of INT that don't put anything in harms way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum