Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I've been watching John McCain and I think I finally have him figured out.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And this is not said in criticism. It's just an honest observation.
I think ever since his Vietnam experience, McCain has seen every foreign country he doesn't like as potentially being his Vietnam captors.
In other words, he sees every country as potentially being capable of torturing us all and he wants to destroy them first before they can do it. That's how the torture affected him. It's the ultimate case of P.T.S.D

knothead

knothead

Bob wrote:And this is not said in criticism.  It's just an honest observation.
I think ever since his Vietnam experience,  McCain has seen every foreign country he doesn't like as potentially being his Vietnam captors.
In other words,  he sees every country as potentially being capable of torturing us all and he wants to destroy them first before they can do it.  That's how the torture affected him.  It's the ultimate case of P.T.S.D

Bob, I get where you are coming from regarding Sen. McCain . . . . his imprisonment obviously affected him just as it would any ordinary man.  I have great respect for what he endured as a POW and always will.  I actually have empathy for him but I concede I include these personal assessments when I listen to his consistent arguments for a bellicose point of view.  Admittedly,it could easily be my own flawed view of the world but I remain cynical if John McCain is a messenger of truth or doom?

2seaoat

John McCain is a good man. His paradigm is simply flawed.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

McCain is an extreme case.  But a less extreme version of this can probably be applied to Rudy Guiliani and his mirroring McCain's mindset.
Guiliiani was almost killed by the 9-11 attack.  From that day forward his worldview has been the same as McCains.  

I'm not criticizing either.  Just making an observation.  If you or I had been tortured in a POW camp or almost killed on 9-11,  hell we might well have ended up with the same ideas.  
It's an emotional response.  But not necessarily a rational one. And it's probably dangerous to us all when folks like that get in positions of power and authority.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum