Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Steam Powered Box Factory

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Steam Powered Box Factory Empty Steam Powered Box Factory 2/27/2014, 9:30 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2Steam Powered Box Factory Empty Re: Steam Powered Box Factory 2/27/2014, 9:48 pm

Very cool. I hope OSHA doesn't see the video. They have a jillion dollars in fines for all those unprotected belts and pulleys. Just sayin....

3Steam Powered Box Factory Empty Re: Steam Powered Box Factory 2/27/2014, 10:07 pm

2seaoat

Very cool. I hope OSHA doesn't see the video. They have a jillion dollars in fines for all those unprotected belts and pulleys. Just sayin....

That is the absolute truth......some of the machines with unguarded belts and pulleys could kill a man before he even realized his clothing had been grabbed, especially the stand alone machine at knee level. The simplicity is a beautiful thing, but I guess they got an exemption for historical reasons......but someone is going to get hurt.

4Steam Powered Box Factory Empty Re: Steam Powered Box Factory 2/27/2014, 10:25 pm

One time the PNJ came down a wrote a article on the Ship Yard.  It was a good story and they took a few pictures.  A few days later, all hell broke lose as OSHA came storming in wrote us up for all kinds of minor infractions.  LOL  No more press.  Found out later that some retired navy chief had written them and pointed out the issues.  

5Steam Powered Box Factory Empty Re: Steam Powered Box Factory 2/27/2014, 11:44 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

That was cool, but I wonder how they get parts for that old machinery when it breaks down.

They are based in north-central California. I wonder why Cal-OSHA hasn't come to regulate them, or the Air Resources Board, for the emissions from their smokestack.

That kind of work was once done all over America. Obviously, they have stayed competitive with cheap-imports from China. Very, very cool.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum