Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chrissy: check out the eBay selling price of an old 45 rpm record that nobody's ever heard of.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEFTELLER-Northern-Soul-Del-Larks-Job-Opening-Queen-City-2004-Nice-Copy-Hear-It-/181323350665?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item2a37b6c289

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Or here's another way to get rich...

A Northern California couple out walking their dog stumbled across a modern-day bonanza: $10 million in rare, mint-condition gold coins buried in the shadow of an old tree.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/california-couple-finds-10m-gold-coins-buried-yard-n38471

dumpcare

Hell I have 4 of those old 45 RPM carry cases full of 45's, but none with jackets. I should say my wife has them lol. I have several old 33's albums from the 60's and early 70's.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:Hell I have 4 of those old 45 RPM carry cases full of 45's, but none with jackets. I should say my wife has them lol. I have several old 33's albums from the 60's and early 70's.

For the last several years,  all the record collector money has been chasing one thing.  And it's come to be known as "northern soul".
It gets the name from being a particular type of American soul music which was played on radio stations in Northern England in the 70's.  And while there is a small market in the U.S. for it,  most of the buyers are in Europe.
It's not Aretha Franklin and James Brown and what you would think of as soul music.  It's really obscure artists who recorded on small regional record labels and didn't sell well.  And the most obscure and the most rare example are what bring the money.
Some of the most valuable northern soul records were made in and around New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Others in Chicago and Detroit.
That Queen City label in the auction is from Cincinnati.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum