Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I had the best barbecued chicken I've ever eaten anywhere

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nah, I'm lying. I just needed a hook to get you to watch this cause it's pretty funny.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bait and switch ?...have you no shame ?...LOL

Guess what?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This time I'm telling the truth. I was at the supermarket a month ago and spotted Taco Bell taco shells and taco sauce and bought it.
About a half dozen times I've decided to make the homemade tacos. But each time, the taco shells were no where to be found in all the clutter around here.
When I came home from seeing the Nina and Pinta yesterday, I looked on top of the cupboard and there they were. So I made em and boy does that Taco Bell sauce packet make good taco meat. I ate four of them. And then this happened.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Bait and switch ?...have you no shame ?...LOL

Lessons people have learned from Stooderville.  Studerism abounds.  LOL

Mr Ichi wrote:

Ok - I'll bite.

From what I see the Studers have been pretty upstanding people, and have definitely had a positive effect on Pcola. Have you info to the contrary?

Sal

Sal

colaguy wrote:
Mr Ichi wrote:

Ok - I'll bite.  

From what I see the Studers have been pretty upstanding people, and have definitely had a positive effect on Pcola.  Have you info to the contrary?

OMG ...

... here we go.

Not to worry Mr Colaguy. Soon the disciples of Studerism will be here to enlighten you as of the values of their faith and to chastise me for even harboring a negative thought.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal,  as a result of this forum you know more about Pensacola politics than any other resident of the entire Tampa Bay area.  And probably most of the residents of the Pensacola Bay area.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

By the way,  you've indicated you're in the south bay area so you're not that far from Gibsonton.  Have you ever gone in there to try to spot the carnys and the sideshow people?

Last edited by Bob on 2/13/2014, 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:Sal,  as a result of this forum you know more about Pensacola politics than any other resident of the entire Tampa Bay area.  And probably most of the residents of the Pensacola Bay area.  lol

I tune most of it out, Bob.

It's not that interesting to me for the obvious reasons.

I do, however, marvel at Mr. Ichi's ability to turn any topic to his vendetta against this Studer fella.

lol

Last edited by Sal on 2/13/2014, 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:By the way,  you indicated you're in the south bay area so you're not that far from Gibsonton.  Have you ever gone in there to try to spot the carnys and the sideshow people?

Oh, sure.

I'm south of there, but I drive through that area frequently.

You see A LOT of carnival equipment parked in lots, but I haven't seen many sideshow freaks walking the streets.

On US41 right at the Alafia River, there is a monument to an old fish camp that used to stand there that was operated by a giant and his midget wife.

They left one small cabin standing, and in front of it is one of the giant's HUGE bronzed boots on a big stone pedestal.

They were apparently quite a couple.

Next time I drive by there, maybe I'll stop and take a pic.

lol

Last edited by Sal on 2/13/2014, 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote: this Studer fella.

Quick biograpical profile.  He was an alcoholic before he came here.  After rehab,  he became a kind of motivational speaker.  I'm not sure what transpired between that and his being appointed the CEO of a large local hospital but that's when he came to town.  Actually he may have been here already but I don't know.
Along the way,  he pioneered some kind of institutional program to introduce efficiency or something to the hospital business.  And he sold that to a lot of other hospitals.  Made big bread.  
Since the hospital he was CEO of is the biggest economic engine inside the city limits of Pensacola,  that put him into the vortex of city politics.
And as a result,  he used his wealth to become involved in a lot of local building projects and became a major money player.  
He was heavily involved with re-developing a prime part of the Pensacola waterfront in the form of that "Community Maritime Park" you read about which is also known as "Studerville".

Last edited by Bob on 2/13/2014, 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

BTW, there's a Walmart in what the locals refer to as "Gibtown" that I've been in a few times.

There were either A LOT of sideshow freaks in there, or it was just an ordinary Walmart.

I'm not sure which.

lol

Mr Ichi wrote:Not to worry Mr Colaguy.  Soon the disciples of Studerism will be here to enlighten you as of the values of their faith and to chastise me for even harboring a negative thought.

No one has chimed in - so how about you filling the in the blanks of your originally post? I'm considering myself a low-information poster, regarding the Studers. Like I said, seems like they're good for Pcola. Who else has offered $5M to the local Y? Even if some think he has "bought" his way into local politics, the benefits seem to far outway the negative consequences.

the benefits seem to far outway the negative consequences.

It would appear that way, but the fat lady has not sang yet. The CMPA is awash in debt, the city is in turmoil, restaurants are having a hard time so it is hard to tell what benefits Mr Studer and the Ball part have to offer.

Mr Ichi wrote: the benefits seem to far outway the negative consequences.

It would appear that way, but the fat lady has not sang yet.  The CMPA is awash in debt, the city is in turmoil, restaurants are having a hard time so it is hard to tell what benefits Mr Studer and the Ball part have to offer.

Your original post: "Lessons people have learned from Stooderville.  Studerism abounds.  LOL"

Look, just roll out your list, explain what you meant, or, if it was hyperbole, juat say so. Otherwise, I am left with my original viewpoint that Studer is a net positive for the area.

Just stay believing that he is a net positive for the area. It will require less thinking. I have no intention of rehashing the entire mess. It is just my option that things are not as they seem and many people have been mislead about the entire project. I really infuriate people when I state my opinions. My posts are just my perception of the events that unfolded. Nothing more.

You seem obsessed w/ this man. Is it his money you resent?

Yes. I hate any one that makes over 20,000 dollars a year.

Wow! That's a lot of people "hatin" going on.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:By the way,  you indicated you're in the south bay area so you're not that far from Gibsonton.  Have you ever gone in there to try to spot the carnys and the sideshow people?

Oh, sure.

I'm south of there, but I drive through that area frequently.

You see A LOT of carnival equipment parked in lots, but I haven't seen many sideshow freaks walking the streets.

On US41 right at the Alafia River, there is a monument to an old fish camp that used to stand there that was operated by a giant and his midget wife.

They left one small cabin standing, and in front of it is one of the giant's HUGE bronzed boots on a big stone pedestal.

They were apparently quite a couple.

Next time I drive by there, maybe I'll stop and take a pic.

lol

In 1949, the famous Al Tomaini, an eight and a half-foot tall giant with a 22-inch shoe size retired from the road and settled in Gibsonton. The Giant and his two-foot tall wife, Jeanie, billed as “The Half-Girl,” started a trailer park and fishing camp that has become legendary among Tampa Bay fishermen as the “Giant’s Camp.” Al and Jeanie Tomaini were known as the World’s Strangest Couple.” For many years, Al Tomaini served as Gibtown’s Police and Fire Chief. It’s a safe bet that Al Tomaini probably held two world’s records as the tallest police chief and the tallest fire chief. The Giant continued operating his fish camp until his death in 1962.

more...

In its glory days, Gibtown had the only Post Office in the country with a special low counter for midgets. The local fruit stand was operated by the famed Hilton Siamese twins and down at the Showman’s Lounge the late Melvin Burkhart livened up the bar crowd by hammering six inch spikes up his nose. Melvin was known on the road as a multi-talented oddity billed as the “Human Blockhead” and the “Rubber Faced Man.” Gibtown was the only place in the country with special zoning laws that allowed residents to keep anything from elephants and monkeys to a dismantled Ferris wheel on their property. Every Spring the town’s population would drop by more than half, as the carnies pulled out to work the fairs and festivals.

In November 1992, Gibtown was hit with negative publicity when the Lobster Boy was murdered. The victim was Grady Stiles, a.k.a. “The Lobster Boy,” a fourth generation descendant in his family lineage to be born with deformed hands that looked like claws and legs that resembled flippers. Two of his four children inherited the strange genetic defect but were never exhibited on the sideshow stage. Grady Stiles was married three times to two women, he drank too much, and was frequently accused of abusing his family. When his oldest daughter announced that she was getting married, Stiles shot and killed her finance. He was found guilty of murder, but the court did not send him to prison stating that the state could not accommodate for his physical needs. Instead the famed Lobster Boy spent 15 years on probation. Then, in November 1992, following years of abuse, his wife, Mary Teresa, asked their son-in-law to help her escape from her abusive husband. The solution came with three shots in Stile’s head as he sat watching T.V. in his trailer. The son-in-law was found guilty of murdering the Lobster Boy and handed a life term in prison. Mary Stiles was sentenced to 12 years but continues to maintain that she was only doing what was necessary to protect her family. The case left a heavy dent in Gibtown’s reputation that is still talked about today.

http://weirdus.com/states/florida/fabled_people_and_places/gibsonton/index.php

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum