Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This Just In - We're Still Broke

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1This Just In - We're Still Broke Empty This Just In - We're Still Broke 2/11/2014, 10:43 pm

House passes bill to raise the debt ceiling to new heights. Hooray, many say, "Now we can pay our bills."

Nope - now we can "legally" borrow more to pay the bills.

SMH

The DUMBOCRATS continue to lead us down the path to insolvency.

boards of FL

boards of FL

colaguy wrote:House passes bill to raise the debt ceiling to new heights.  Hooray, many say, "Now we can pay our bills."

SMH

Would you have defaulted? Assuming you are the supreme leader and can do whatever you want, default?

knothead

knothead

PACEDOG#1 wrote:The DUMBOCRATS continue to lead us down the path to insolvency.

So it is the Dems leading us 'down the path to insolvency'? I'll say this for you, you are consistent with your inability to consider a more collective view of how we got where we are . . . . . the DUMBOCRATS . . . . that's funny though! You are one clever dude . .

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

No...he's not clever. He's a rube.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

knothead wrote:

So it is the Dems leading us 'down the path to insolvency'? I'll say this for you, you are consistent with your inability to consider a more collective view of how we got where we are . . . . . the DUMBOCRATS . . . . that's funny though!  You are one clever dude . .

PaceDog and Markle are stuck on Republican righteousness. They need to blame the ineffectiveness of John Bohner as SOH for raising the debt ceiling. They could have shut down the government again, like they did back in October, but he was too chicken to try that again.  Razz

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

knothead wrote:

So it is the Dems leading us 'down the path to insolvency'? I'll say this for you, you are consistent with your inability to consider a more collective view of how we got where we are . . . . . the DUMBOCRATS . . . . that's funny though!  You are one clever dude . .

so youre trying to say its all the republicans fault? right? LOL

those years that we had majority dem in both houses, you that that time we had that little problem... that got blamed on bush. now odumber been in the seat for 5 years and none of this is his fault? sigh....

knothead

knothead

Dot wrote:
knothead wrote:

those years that we had majority dem in both houses, you that that time we had that little problem... that got blamed on bush. now odumber been in the seat for 5 years and none of this is his fault? sigh....

OK Chrissy, I'll bite . . . . the Dems had a hand in it but the GOP is what exactly? Medicare Part D (which is popular) and the Iraq/Afghanistan never reflected and/or (paid for) in the budget . . . where do you want to start? We are all in collective denial if we cannot agree that both parties are responsible for our woes . . . it has nothing to do with our nation's ability to provide for its citizens and protect our interests . . . . it has everything to do our inability for both sides to tell their base to 'stand down' because there is a greater need for reasonable dialogue and compromise in the greater interest of our nation . . . that's how I see it.

knothead wrote:
Dot wrote:
knothead wrote:

OK Chrissy, I'll bite . . . . the Dems had a hand in it but the GOP is what exactly? Medicare Part D (which is popular) and the Iraq/Afghanistan never reflected and/or (paid for) in the budget . . . where do you want to start? We are all in collective denial if we cannot agree that both parties are responsible for our woes . . . it has nothing to do with our nation's ability to provide for its citizens and protect our interests . . . . it has everything to do our inability for both sides to tell their base to 'stand down' because there is a greater need for reasonable dialogue and compromise in the greater interest of our nation . . . that's how I see it.

Ill agree that both parties are responsible.

I don't want to hear you act like the Iraq/afgan wars are just republicans though, who all voted for those? shared deed

housing bubble? shall we go over Clintons involvement which he admitted? im ure theres some shared deed in there too

yes, med part D is expensive. GW had a good amount of liberal in him lol if people looked at him honestly they would see that in some of his policies.

but those years where the purse strings were held majority by dems, look at that. it tells a story. go back to 2001, you will see that there was only one year where republicans had any kind of majority. look at congress. from 2007 to 2011 democrats had majority there too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_divisions_of_United_States_Congresses

but even more so, When a bill passes in the House, it must also pass in the Senate in order to become a law. and who has been the gate keeper for that?

but I digress... yes, I will agree both parties are responsible. But you sure as hell wont see a lot of sharing the blame from some of these other people around here.

knothead

knothead

Dot wrote:
knothead wrote:
Dot wrote:
knothead wrote:

Ill agree that both parties are responsible.

I don't want to hear you act like the Iraq/afgan wars are just republicans though, who all voted for those? shared deed

housing bubble? shall we go over Clintons involvement which he admitted? im ure theres some shared deed in there too

yes, med part D is expensive. GW had a good amount of liberal in him lol if people looked at him honestly they would see that in some of his policies.

but those years where the purse strings were held majority by dems, look at that. it tells a story. go back to 2001, you will see that there was only one year where republicans had any kind of majority. look at congress. from 2007 to 2011 democrats had majority there too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_divisions_of_United_States_Congresses

but even more so, When a bill passes in the House, it must also pass in the Senate in order to become a law. and who has been the gate keeper for that?

but I digress... yes, I will agree both parties are responsible. But you sure as hell wont see a lot of sharing the blame from some of these other people around here.

I won't paraphrase but I will summarize that you essentially agree, right?

boards of FL wrote:
colaguy wrote:House passes bill to raise the debt ceiling to new heights.  Hooray, many say, "Now we can pay our bills."

SMH

Would you have defaulted?  Assuming you are the supreme leader and can do whatever you want, default?

I would at least make a stab at reducing the spending. And, I would entertain cogent thought on raising revenue - yes, taxes - specifically on the middle class earners. They are the majority of the the income earners in America.  A reasonable tax hike on the middle class would raise a lot. And, no, I  wouldnt also raise taxes on the high income earners - they already pay a lot - more than their fair share.  And, no, I am not one of them.

[quote="colaguy"]
boards of FL wrote:

SMH

Would you have defaulted?  Assuming you are the supreme leader and can do whatever you want, default?

I would at least make a stab at reducing the spending. And, I would entertain cogent thought on raising revenue - yes, taxes - specifically on the middle class earners. They are the majority of the the income earners in America.  A reasonable tax hike on the middle class would raise a lot. And, no, I  wouldnt also raise taxes on the high income earners - they already pay a lot - more than their fair share.  And, no, I am not one of them.[/quote]

You must be a Mexican. because apparently you want a two class society. good job.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum