Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Judge Judy encounters an entitled Obama supporter

+2
stormwatch89
TEOTWAWKI
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Gawd. To think they vote...........wonder which party? Sad 

Sal

Sal

That guy should run for a seat in the House of Representatives as a Republican.

They get paid more for doing less than any group in history, all at the taxpayer's expense.

2seaoat

Actually, Judge Judy proved that she is doing the show for theatrics and is not following any laws but some kind of homespun remedy which makes for entertainment. First, she dismissed the case when she should have ruled on the agreement of the defendant to pay rent. The fact that the girlfriend did not pay rent is not relevant to her claim when the landlord has initiated an action to collect those rents. Judge Judy was wrong.

I hate being a landlord, but republican or democrat tenants always have this sense of entitlement, and screw the landlord. My biggest hit as a landlord came from a second amendment card carrying Bush supporter in 2005 when he moved into a new house and decided to work on a damn engine on the living room carpet, as they never paid the rent after the first month, and then had the audacity to come over regularly after they were evicted to pick up their mail. I pulled the mailbox out of the ground, and you would have thought I had killed them because they could not get their government check, and were too stupid to forward their mail. I took a $3,500 hit on these republican deadbeats, and might I add....they had some of the most beautiful blonde children who I prayed would get better parental guidance.

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Sums our problems up pretty well.

That's a keeper.

Some years ago I had a student in my real estate class who I overheard tell another student, during a break, that he was using his student loans to use as down payments on rental properties. I know he had bought rental properties, whether or not he was using student loans, I do not know for a fact.

does anyone else but me think that guy was high? he seemed messed up. I mean if he's not high, I really think he has a mental problem.

perhaps some kind of progress and aptitude test should be a requirement. and I really don't think the gov should be subsidizing musical degrees. we need to focus on math and sciences.

2seaoat

The guy was a music major. I have spent 15 years around my son's band mates, who are incredibly talented musicians and I think the guy in this video fits the perfect stereotype of these young artist. They do not care or worry about money or jobs to pay for the same, and as I always told my son a decade ago, what do you call a drummer who breaks up with his girlfriend..........homeless.

The guy was most definitely high. I am so happy my son married a task master and he now is a real estate agent, is doing very well, is a great parent, and has let go of his artistic dreams......he quit the band and drums only as a backup on a gig. However, you take the average kid 22 years of age who is a music major......they think worrying about how the bills are paid take away from their art.......and of course once they get to that place in their life they look to rent from Seaoat.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:The guy was a music major.  I have spent 15 years around my son's band mates, who are incredibly talented musicians and I think the guy in this video fits the perfect stereotype of these young artist.  They do not care or worry about money or jobs to pay for the same, and as I always told my son a decade ago, what do you call a drummer who breaks up with his girlfriend..........homeless.

The guy was most definitely high.  I am so happy my son married a task master and he now is a real estate agent, is doing very well, is a great parent, and has let go of his artistic dreams......he quit the band and drums only as a backup on a gig.  However, you take the average kid 22 years of age who is a music major......they think worrying about how the bills are paid take away from their art.......and of course once they get to that place in their life they look to rent from Seaoat.

You don't have to throw your artistic dreams in the trash can to have a career. Good grief, Seaoat. Dreams should never be discarded wholesale...maybe deferred, but never scrapped.

2seaoat

They cut three cds and were hot in college, then the lead singer and best damn guitar player decided he wanted to go to medical school, and quit the band leaving them meandering in a creative wasteland. My son was serious and these guys had played together since about 8th grade, but when he had kids he made new priorities. He still has fun playing the college bars on some weekends, but writing music. songs and mixing the same was his love, and he was one of the best drummers I have seen in my life, and this group of kids had so much creativity....but like the kid in the video...other than my son and the lead singer.....not much work ethic and commitment. So he still loves music, but they came so close only to be hit by the reality of losing a very talented band member.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Actually, Judge Judy proved that she is doing the show for theatrics and is not following any laws but some kind of homespun remedy which makes for entertainment.  First, she dismissed the case when she should have ruled on the agreement of the defendant to pay rent.  The fact that the girlfriend did not pay rent is not relevant to her claim when the landlord has initiated an action to collect those rents.  Judge Judy was wrong.

I hate being a landlord, but republican or democrat tenants always have this sense of entitlement, and screw the landlord.  My biggest hit as a landlord came from a second amendment card carrying Bush supporter in 2005 when he moved into a new house and decided to work on a damn engine on the living room carpet, as they never paid the rent after the first month, and then had the audacity to come over regularly after they were evicted to pick up their mail.  I pulled the mailbox out of the ground, and you would have thought I had killed them because they could not get their government check, and were too stupid to forward their mail.  I took a $3,500 hit on these republican deadbeats, and might I add....they had some of the most beautiful blonde children who I prayed would get better parental guidance.

Hire a good property manager.

Judge Judy was 100% correct. The young lady had no claim, whatsoever, against her freeloading boyfriend. The landlord DID have a claim against the young lady but that was not what the suit concerned.

2seaoat

Hire a good property manager.

Judge Judy was 100% correct. The young lady had no claim, whatsoever, against her freeloading boyfriend. The landlord DID have a claim against the young lady but that was not what the suit concerned.

I had a property manager when the engine got fixed in the living room, she is no longer managing any of my properties.

Judge Judy is wrong. An oral agreement to share rent costs is enforceable where one party signed the lease with the landlord and detrimentally relied on the boyfriend making payments and there was no proof of the lease being for a period of one year or longer. The fact that the tenant could not pay the lease where the boyfriend breached his agreement is not relevant because the measure of damages is the amount in the complaint against the tenant by the landlord, and this is not speculative and the lease would be attached to the complaint and would have the specific amount due. The statute of frauds does not require a written sublease where a tenant detrimentally relied on the oral agreement and subsequently breached her agreement with the landlord. She needed to see how many months the tenant stayed in the apartment, and what the landlord was demanding in his suit against the tenant. She got up in a theatrical gesture to suggest that these two parties were deadbeats.
Prior to signing a warehouse lease, I solicit a subtenant to use a % of floor space for an agreed price per month, and relying on that agreement enter into the lease, the statute of frauds is not controlling for a one year lease or less, and where there has been proven detrimental reliance, and where the product was stored in the warehouse for a period of time the subtenant cannot be unjustly enriched where he knowingly gave certain verbal promises of performance. Equitable relief would control, and you certainly know the one year rule with a lease under the statute of frauds.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Hire a good property manager.

I had a property manager when the engine got fixed in the living room, she is no longer managing any of my properties.

Judge Judy is wrong.  An oral agreement to share rent costs is enforceable where one party signed the lease with the landlord and detrimentally relied on the boyfriend making payments and there was no proof of the lease being for a period of one year or longer.  The fact that the tenant could not pay the lease where the boyfriend breached his agreement is not relevant because the measure of damages is the amount in the complaint against the tenant by the landlord, and this is not speculative and the lease would be attached to the complaint and would have the specific amount due.  The statute of frauds does not require a written sublease where a tenant detrimentally relied on the oral agreement and subsequently breached her agreement with the landlord.  She needed to see how many months the tenant stayed in the apartment, and what the landlord was demanding in his suit against the tenant.   She got up in a theatrical gesture to suggest that these two parties were deadbeats.  
Prior to signing a warehouse lease, I solicit a subtenant to use a % of floor space for an agreed price per month, and relying on that agreement enter into the lease, the statute of frauds is not controlling for a one year lease or less, and where there has been proven detrimental reliance, and where the product was stored in the warehouse for a period of time the subtenant cannot be unjustly enriched where he knowingly gave certain verbal promises of performance.  Equitable relief would control, and you certainly know the one year rule with a lease under the statute of frauds.

Depends on the terms of the lease of which you do not have a copy. Judge Judy did.

A property manager cannot visit every property every week. You should have a reserve fund and this is a part of doing business. Not the fault of the property manager.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum