Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Watch the Science Guy Destroy Some Moronic Creationist with a Funny Accent

+3
boards of FL
2seaoat
Sal
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

If you can take over two and a half hours of facts trying to be countered with a steaming mountain of bullshit.

If you don't want to waste your life on the whole thing, it really came down to a single question from the Q&A session following the "debate".

Q: What would change your mind?

Moronic Creationist: Nothing because it's in the Bible

Science Guy: Evidence

Who do you want setting our educational policies?

There is no such thing as "Creation Science".

That's an oxymoron.

2seaoat

Religion has always blocked science and finds it a threat to whatever religious tenets that particular religion has, and when the evidence of science challenges a religious tenet this process becomes more inflexible. History is full of scientist being punished because of their scientific belief. Faith does not require scientific proof, however science is the antithesis of faith because science requires empirical evidence independent of faith. Now the really hard part for the nut jobs.....one can have faith and still believe the scientific evidence.......one cannot believe in truth and discount science because of the certainty of faith, nor should an honest man invade the province of empirical evidence and ask a scientist to put blinders on because of religious tenets.

Sal

Sal

What needs to be said emphatically and insistently is that Creation Science is an oxymoron.

You cannot be a scientist if you are not willing to discard your theories in the face of hard evidence and creationists simply never will.

2seaoat

Creation science is simply clever political propaganda which has the sole goal of minimizing true scientific empirical evidence with a false equivalency. As a former Geology minor in college I have certainty that the science of geology has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the time table in genesis is allegorical and not literal, and my belief in science in no way diminishes my faith. Stupid people standing up and pretending is exactly what Matthew 6 advises the faithful to avoid. Faith and science are separated by the empirical data, but faith recognizes the limits of what science does not understand, and into that gap faith can coexist without fools spewing nonsense.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Some of these are hilarious.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/messages-from-creationists-to-people-who-believe-in-evolutio?bftw

"How do you explain a sunset if their (sic) is no god?"

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

...my belief in science in no way diminishes my faith.

Same here, and I have a BA in biology and a MS in biology and coastal-zone studies. You once again make excellent points, Seaoat.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

"...one can have faith and still believe the scientific evidence..."

Thank you...big thank you for that.

Science: the study of our Universe.

Religion: a belief in the hereafter.

Not mutually exclusive.

I could care less what creationalist say, and mr nye is a has been trying to get back in the lime light. But most importantly, anyone who thinks that beleif in evolution proves the origins of life, is a idiot.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Dot wrote:I could care less what creationalist say, and mr nye is a has been trying to get back in the lime light. But most importantly, anyone who thinks that beleif in evolution proves the origins of life, is a idiot.

Evolution is real, but you need to view it in the proper context. I view it as a function of creation, just like all of the other laws of physics, chemistry, and biology. The Earth is a rather harsh environment that is dynamic and changing, and species must be able to evolve in order to survive here. So, evolution definitely has a role. The mistake comes when men try to use evolution to mutually exclude Genesis 1:1.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Dot wrote:I could care less what creationalist say, and mr nye is a has been trying to get back in the lime light. But most importantly, anyone who thinks that beleif in evolution proves the origins of life, is a idiot.

Evolution is real, but you need to view it in the proper context. I view it as a function of creation, just like all of the other laws of physics, chemistry, and biology. The Earth is a rather harsh environment that is dynamic and changing, and species must be able to evolve in order to survive here. So, evolution definitely has a role. The mistake comes when men try to use evolution to mutually exclude Genesis 1:1.

Im not a denier of evolution. The problem is many of the people here and else where seem to think evolution explains origins of life. It doesn't do that. It only shows that SOME things have evolved. It certainly does not have the answer from apes to humans, or fish to humans, or even single celled organism to humans. The leap is so far even the most well written scientist would jump away from it. You know this though.

And as I said about creationist. I'm not an advocate of theirs either. They refuse to understand this one simple little concept that I understood at about the age of 5. God created ALL. even the single celled organism, all big bangs, the universe etc. and yes, it all expands and is evolving, just as God planned.

2seaoat

Im not a denier of evolution. The problem is many of the people here and else where seem to think evolution explains origins of life. It doesn't do that. It only shows that SOME things have evolved. It certainly does not have the answer from apes to humans, or fish to humans, or even single celled organism to humans. The leap is so far even the most well written scientist would jump away from it. You know this though.

And as I said about creationist. I'm not an advocate of theirs either. They refuse to understand this one simple little concept that I understood at about the age of 5. God created ALL. even the single celled organism, all big bangs, the universe etc. and yes, it all expands and is evolving, just as God planned.

Well written and well thought out.

2seaoat wrote:Im not a denier of evolution. The problem is many of the people here and else where seem to think evolution explains origins of life. It doesn't do that. It only shows that SOME things have evolved. It certainly does not have the answer from apes to humans, or fish to humans, or even single celled organism to humans. The leap is so far even the most well written scientist would jump away from it. You know this though.

Well written and well thought out.

I love you. you're such a pain in the ass mostly and I disagree with just about everything you post. But you give good fodder. Maybe, just maybe God planned for us to agree on this one thing.  Smile 

I'm not going to take it easy on you though just because you complimented me.  Razz 

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

The difference between fundamentalist belief and science is: one is real, and the other isn't.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Dot wrote: anyone who thinks that beleif in evolution proves the origins of life, is a idiot.

Evolution doesn't address how life on earth first originated. Only how it advanced after it's origination.

If you want to get a primer on origin and all it's many theories, this is a very good page to read...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum