Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Q4 2013 GDP First Estimate: +3.2%

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=461138&cust=mam&year=2014&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

Wonder why we are still deficit spending ?

knothead

knothead

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Wonder why we are still deficit spending ?

Uh . . . lemme think . . . because of unfair trade agreements (for a start)!

2seaoat

Wow....I may have to string some threads talking about what a great job President Obama has done....I find them a bit high.

knothead

knothead

Who needs any stinking facts?

Burrowing deep into her closet, Michelle located the dress, which was designed by Azzedine Alaïa, a Tunisian Paris-based couture designer whose shoes start at $2,000 a pair. Then, like the moneyed elitist she is, the FLOTUS subjected a nation in economic pain to the sight of her descending the stairs and making her way to her seat wearing a shade of forest-green that came curiously close to the color of money.

------
NAFTA?

Boondoggle of left wing if I am correct.

knothead wrote:Who needs any stinking facts?

hope you looked at the FACTS and not boards fairy tales.

The GDP is NOT up, its down.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Dot wrote:

You are objectively wrong.

boards of FL wrote:
Dot wrote:

You are objectively wrong.

Actually, I'm not wrong. QE is artificially making for some very good fuzzy math. I do beleive that you know this but most likely wouldnt admit it to save your life.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Dot wrote:Actually, I'm not wrong. QE is artificially making for some very good fuzzy math. I do beleive that you know this but most likely wouldnt admit it to save your life.

Even if QE were creating runaway inflation -which it isn't -, the GDP number that I posted is real GDP, meaning, it accounts for inflation.

Stand corrected.

boards of FL wrote:
Dot wrote:Actually, I'm not wrong. QE is artificially making for some very good fuzzy math. I do beleive that you know this but most likely wouldnt admit it to save your life.

Even if QE were creating runaway inflation -which it isn't -, the GDP number that I posted is real GDP, meaning, it accounts for inflation.

Stand corrected.

Are you going to argue that the feds pumping the air money into the works of it all doesnt fabricate a false GDP number? Because it does. and I think the gentleman made the point very clear.

but argue on. I know you wont accept the facts.

knothead

knothead

At Bernanke's last official meeting the FR adopted the beginning of Tapering of the QE being discussed here. The amount was reduced $10B per month from $65B if I understood the story correctly.

knothead

knothead

Dot wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Stand corrected.

Are you going to argue that the feds pumping the air money into the works of it all doesnt fabricate a false GDP number? Because it does. and I think the gentleman made the point very clear.

I agree that the QE policy is double edge sword . . . good for today's economy but the future consequences are yet to be determined . . . pure speculation and the differing answers usually are dependent on the political stripes . . . point is, the consequences or the net benefit of this policy will not be known for quite some time.

I think I read it as a second reduction to 45B a month... the estimated debt held by the federal reserve is over 4 Trillion.

Imagine that for a moment. Where did it come from... what value was transfered for that? Who wins? Who loses?

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:Where did it come from... what value was transfered for that? Who wins? Who loses?

It may no be to late to get in on the spring term for ECO101 at PSC.

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:I think I read it as a second reduction to 45B a month... the estimated debt held by the federal reserve is over 4 Trillion.

Imagine that for a moment. Where did it come from... what value was transfered for that? Who wins? Who loses?

Well you would have to ask Milton Friedman for a conservative opinion but many argue that it has kept the economy from tanking during one of the worse crisis in our life time . . . the gold star winners were Wall Street or at least that's my take on it.

You should read about the way the federal reserve was created... it makes obamacare look like an honest handshake.

"If our Nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill. The element that makes the bond good makes the bill good also. It is absurd to say that our country can issue $30 million in bonds, and not $30 million in currency. Both are promises to pay: but one promise fattens the usurer, and the other helps the people." Thomas Edison

knothead wrote:
Dot wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Stand corrected.

I agree that the QE policy is double edge sword . . . good for today's economy but the future consequences are yet to be determined . . . pure speculation and the differing answers usually are dependent on the political stripes . . . point is, the consequences or the net benefit of this policy will not be known for quite some time.  

Very well. And yes we really wont know what effect it will have on the future. Speculation. However clearly we can agree that the pumping has created a false GDP.

I'm sure those at the top know this, maybe even planned it this way. It sucked a lot of tax payer dollars right up to the banks and top. Gives a false picture of our standing but more importantly puts us in massive debt which will be called upon at some point in time by the people buying the air money.

and who are those people? Lets go back a few years, because I dont have alot of time. But anyone can feel free to prove it wrong.

-----
In carrying out its QE2 purchases, the Fed had to follow standard operating procedure for “open market operations”: it took secret bids from the 20 “primary dealers” authorized to sell securities to the Fed and accepted the best offers. The problem was that 12 of these dealers – or over half -- are U.S.-based branches of foreign banks (including BNP Paribas, Barclays, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, UBS and others); and they evidently won the bids.

The fact that foreign banks got the money was established in a June 12 post on Zero Hedge by Tyler Durden (a pseudonym), who compared two charts: the total cash holdings of foreign-related banks in the U.S., using weekly Federal Reserve data; and the total reserve balances held at Federal Reserve banks, from the Fed’s statement ending the week of June 1. The charts showed that after November 3, 2010, when QE2 operations began, total bank reserves increased by $610 billion. Foreign bank cash reserves increased in lock step, by $630 billion -- or more than the entire QE2.

http://www.webofdebt.com/articles/why_q.php

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-02-11/how-fed-handing-over-billions-profits-foreign-banks-each-year

This is a transfer of wealth in diguise. I guess letting us keep our fake GDP to make it all FEEL good to the dumb masses was the prize.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I see.  So your argument is that QE resulted in money going to foreign banks, and then that gave us "fake GDP".  Got it.  Makes perfect sense.

Hey. When reality doesn't agree with you, make shit up. Right?

boards of FL wrote:I see.  So your argument is that QE resulted in money going to foreign banks, and then that gave us "fake GDP".  Got it.  Makes perfect sense.

Hey.  When reality doesn't agree with you, make shit up.  Right?

No, I already proved the GDP was fake by the influx of air money.

Now I'm just bitching about who's buying that air money (debt)

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:

Even if QE were creating runaway inflation -which it isn't
-, the GDP number that I posted is real GDP, meaning, it accounts for inflation.

Stand corrected.

Because, as you know, the Fed has been printing $75 billion a month into the economy each month.

What happens when they stop?

Markle

Markle

Dot wrote:
boards of FL wrote:I see.  So your argument is that QE resulted in money going to foreign banks, and then that gave us "fake GDP".  Got it.  Makes perfect sense.

Hey.  When reality doesn't agree with you, make shit up.  Right?

No, I already proved the GDP was fake by the influx of air money.

Now I'm just bitching about who's buying that air money (debt)

We, tax payers, are buying most of the debt.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:http://mam.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.asp?fid=461138&cust=mam&year=2014&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top

Twenty five percent drop from the last quarter. That can't be good.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Even if QE were creating runaway inflation -which it isn't
-, the GDP number that I posted is real GDP, meaning, it accounts for inflation.

Stand corrected.

Because, as you know, the Fed has been printing $75 billion a month into the economy each month.

What happens when they stop?

Assuming the central bank has a high degree of credibility - which it does - it can disinflate in a gradual, tapered manner that will not disrupt the labor market. We're seeing it now. You would know this if you were paying attention instead of asking me questions.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum